Questions for my understanding

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read rather often that the Packers and their management, especially TT want to invest and draft for the future. I can understand that a young team is better and more competitive than a team of older, slower and often banged up players.

My question is: Are these investments thought as short-, middle- or long-term investments??

For long-term I think the business of sports, especially in the pros is changing too fast and most players are not able to stay as long in business as Favre and some other standouts.

Short-term would imo also make no sense, because of the lack of power and experience and knowledge of the young players.

Comes down to middle-term, but what would that mean? How many years?

And the biggest part of the question: Would it make sense to keep the "old" coaching- team and the "old" QB, let the youngsters get used to the "old" playbooks and systems for let's say three or four years and then change the whole thing to "new"?
New coaches, a new or a "now-and-then-used" QB, a new system?

Is TT paying lip services to each side? Keep the old and build for the future, is that possible?

Don't get me wrong: I'd love to have Brett Favre as the Packer's QB as long as possible (at least one or two years, even more, if he can and wants to) because I think for now he's the only one that keeps The Pack to some extent competitive and for MS and his team I can't speak, because my knowledge of football is not enough to assess the influence of his work on the teams success or failure.

A lot of questions, I hope for some answers.

Members online

Latest posts