Question to hardcore pack fans

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anybody else call off work, or trade shifts, or fake sick -- so you could watch the Packers vs Panthers?

I called off, and will do it again on the other monday night games, cuz I work on monday nights, which is horrible. I hate missing MNF in general.

Anyone else?

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha nope I am at work until 5pm Central. Afterwards I will run home, feed the little ones, get them down for bed around 7pm and begin praying!

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone else have to work for you? I'm a nurse, and when someone calls in sick for the next shift, the least senior person gets forced onto another 8 hour shift. No replacement workers when you work for the State.

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
Lovely, mandatory double, NICE!
Yeah, because of the budget, they won't hire casual or on-call staff, but would rather pay overtime. Go figure. And MN. has a Repuplican admin. Whoops, getting off track...if it wouldn't affect anyone else, I'd call in for a MON. game.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Did anybody else call off work, or trade shifts, or fake sick -- so you could watch the Packers vs Panthers?

I called off, and will do it again on the other monday night games, cuz I work on monday nights, which is horrible. I hate missing MNF in general.

Anyone else?

Do you have a tivo? record it.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
I worked in a maximum security prison and I got so tired of going to work on Tuesdays after only 3 1/2 hours of sleep that I retired.

i bet you have some bad stories yooper...i wanna hear some in the atrium eventually. maybe somebody tried to shank you with a sharpened spoon in the yard? or maybe you had to blackjack somebody for a "shower conduct violation"?

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Arrow..

You seem a little too interested in hearing the details of that "shower conduct violation"...

-Anything you want to share with the group..?

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Arrow..

You seem a little too interested in hearing the details of that "shower conduct violation"...

hahaha..naw buddy im straight as an.....arrow. i cant play for that team.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I beg on my knees so my wife and kids will let me use the TV at the kitchen !!!!!!!!!!! have a good one all of you I am going to be at Hotters Guadalajara Mexico Today for the Game !!!!

pack4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the position i'm in, i can't really call in much.......but i have DVR (same thing as TIVO, better imo) so i had that recorded, which is so nice cuz u can watch football games so fast, as soon as the player goes down and whistle is blown, you hit this button that skips to next scene and it usually starts like 5 secs before they snap the ball on the next down.......

i have to work sunday from 3-7pm, so i'm good for the games that start at 10am here in az, for the later games i usually get someone to trade me their friday shift at the bank so i can watch it or i just listen to it on the radio while i'm here

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Arrow..

Too funny P@ck! Be careful or you'll make me snort coffee thru my nose.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i used to trade shifts all the time when i was at gas stations and walmart and stuff when i was younger. if i couldn't switch, i become very ill...lol.

maybe that hassle is why i started my own business.

due to family issues, i had to watch the first 2 games on tape. lions, i got to see the 4th qtr live and then watched the tape.

browns game, i avoided all media until 6am mon morning. i pop in the tape and chill. the pack score to pull within 2 with 2:30 to go in the 4th. wait, what's wrong with the tape???? my mom set the timer and it wasn't long enough! i went from a favre comeback to ren and stimpy.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sixone220 said:
my mom set the timer and it wasn't long enough! i went from a favre comeback to ren and stimpy.

there are times when I can't tell the difference between those shows!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I used to work 2nd Shift, here in Indy... and what I did was to bring in one of those miniature TV's and stick it into my desk - just fits - and then, after Mgmt would go home, around 7.... out comes the electronics.... All of the other guys start switchin' desks just to get near the tube.....

At the very least, you can bring up the MNF web site and keep track that way.... w/ a earplug in one ear to listen in on ESPN radio...

I've conquered that animal these days....

Members online

Latest posts