Q&A session with Ted Thompson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. Just wow.

Do you even hear what you are saying, Packnic?

You are basically saying that TT "inherited a junk team from Sherman", and should get a pass for TWO YEARS, yet Favre who has to play with that SAME JUNK TEAM, should play better and WIN games with that junk team, for the Packers.

Do you realize how illogical that is?

And for you to just say that 95% of the posters who were Pro-TT were not Anti-Favre is just so aburd and ridiculous as to not even warrant a response. Based on what...your opinon? Your feelings about the matter?

You and Longtime are taking a very subjective and biased view and trying to package it, and pass it off as fact. I remember what the climate was like in Packerland. I remember the articles. I remember the articles in the newspapers, on TV, and I remember the posts on many forums (including this one), that were ripping Favre to shreds saying that he is an "old man that the game has passed by", and "he should be traded", and the like...Now for you to go and make light of this fact is, to me, down right disingenuous, if not brazenly hypocritical.

And I know that there are many posters on this forum who will back me up on this assertion, because it is a fact!

And if you don't realize that the reason why this "turn around" happened so quickly is because of one Brett Lorenzo Favre deciding not to retire, then I'm sure that you were one of the voices in the gallow's chorus shouting for Aaron Rodgers to start this year. "Get rid of the old man". If you would have gotten your wish with Rodgers, the Packers would be lucky to be a .500 team right now, and TT's future for the GB Packers would be still be hanging in the balance.

Now you are back pedaling quickly because you want to hang all of the laurels on TT's head, while minimizing Brett Favre's efforts and contribution to this team, because even now, in your post, you have not admitted that a large part of the Packer's success this year was because Favre did stick around, and not retire, and wish to give the lion's share of the credit to TT.

Because when it comes right down to it, I'm sure you were in the chorus of naysayers who wanted to crucify Favre for '05 and '06 because you didn't want to give credit to anyone other than Ted Thompson.

If you won't admit to that, then at least answer this question.

How was Brett Favre supposed to win and play better with the same "Sherman junk team", as you stated; the same junk team that you had given TT as GM a pass on for several years..??

Brett Favre = "Washed up" or "Unwashed up"?

(I'll give you a hint: If you were really "washed up", you couldn't return and be one of the NFL leader's at your postion in almost every category! So it must have been something else, right?)

Good post.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
95% of the people who supported TT or at least supported a patience approach, never not for one second wanted Favre gone.

100% of the people wanted Favre to play better. if you dont think Favre needed to play better the last two years... then i dont care what you think because as soon as he retires... youll be wearing a Tony Romo or Tom Brady jersey... and wont ever be on this site again.

Theres a difference in the out-cry for Favre to play better and the out-cry for TT to be fired after approx. 15 minutes on the job. and to say that people that supported TT wanted Favre gone or that TT wanted Favre gone is ridiculous and has zero evidence.

it all comes down to what several of us tried to say early in the off-season last year... You have to take in the whole picture. 1) Take what the new GM is inheireted, 2) what he is currently doing and 3) what his whole plan is. If he isnt doing what it takes in those three phases... then you have problems.

Ted recieved a junk team basically with some decent parts.
Ted immediately trimmed the crap from the team and it pissed some people who dont like change off.
Ted along with MM and the rest of the organization developed a plan and brought in the right personnel to do it. AND MUCH FASTER THAN ANYONE COULD HAVE IMAGINED if you ask me.

Wow. Just wow.

Do you even hear what you are saying, Packnic?

You are basically saying that TT "inherited a junk team from Sherman", and should get a pass for TWO YEARS, yet Favre who has to play with that SAME JUNK TEAM, should play better and WIN games with that junk team, for the Packers.

Do you realize how illogical that is?

And for you to just say that 95% of the posters who were Pro-TT were not Anti-Favre is just so aburd and ridiculous as to not even warrant a response. Based on what...your opinon? Your feelings about the matter?

You and Longtime are taking a very subjective and biased view and trying to package it, and pass it off as fact. I remember what the climate was like in Packerland. I remember the articles. I remember the articles in the newspapers, on TV, and I remember the posts on many forums (including this one), that were ripping Favre to shreds saying that he is an "old man that the game has passed by", and "he should be traded", and the like...Now for you to go and make light of this fact is, to me, down right disingenuous, if not brazenly hypocritical.

And I know that there are many posters on this forum who will back me up on this assertion, because it is a fact!

And if you don't realize that the reason why this "turn around" happened so quickly is because of one Brett Lorenzo Favre deciding not to retire, then I'm sure that you were one of the voices in the gallow's chorus shouting for Aaron Rodgers to start this year. "Get rid of the old man". If you would have gotten your wish with Rodgers, the Packers would be lucky to be a .500 team right now, and TT's future for the GB Packers would be still be hanging in the balance.

Now you are back pedaling quickly because you want to hang all of the laurels on TT's head, while minimizing Brett Favre's efforts and contribution to this team, because even now, in your post, you have not admitted that a large part of the Packer's success this year was because Favre did stick around, and not retire, and wish to give the lion's share of the credit to TT.

Because when it comes right down to it, I'm sure you were in the chorus of naysayers who wanted to crucify Favre for '05 and '06 because you didn't want to give credit to anyone other than Ted Thompson.

If you won't admit to that, then at least answer this question.

How was Brett Favre supposed to win and play better with the same "Sherman junk team", as you stated; the same junk team that you had given TT as GM a pass on for several years..??

Brett Favre = "Washed up" or "Unwashed up"?

(I'll give you a hint: If you were really "washed up", you couldn't return and be one of the NFL leader's at your postion in almost every category! So it must have been something else, right?)

Best post ever!

I will judge Ted when he does something one way or another. Thus far he has put together a 4-12 losing season, a mediocre 8-8 campaign, and thus far a steller good season. I don't pretend to know the future.

He is what he is but he is going to have to get this team a SB ring before I would even think about singing his praises. Winning seasons are easy with Brett, building a SB team is a little harder, doing it without him is what is going to define his legacy.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Fuzzy..I know what was said about Brett, I saw the articles, reports, and so called experts saying he lost it..

What I didnt see are the claims your making that on this forum, there were just as many Brett is washed up posts and threads as there were Tt needs to go threads..

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe it was 60/40 Longtime.

I know that it was a good amount at the time.

There was definitely more of that sentiment outside this forum. I'll give you that.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

There was definitely more of that sentiment outside this forum. I'll give you that.

I really dont think this forum was that % either...

Maybe I just missed those topics since I didnt believe it, and just read the anti Tt ones..

But I would be suprised if it was 60-40

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
60\40!

What's the term for this? Revisionist history?

60\40! Hahahahahahahaahahhahahahah!!!!!!!!!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's do the math here:

3 years he's been here.

That's 156 weeks.

I'll be generous and say one new TT thread every 3 weeks. Considering the offseason, and the gross tonnage we had week-to-week in 2005, that's damn generous.

156/3= 52 threads. Since I suck at math, let's round down to a total of 50 "TT sucks or is gay cause he's not married" threads.

Find the "Bench or trade Brett" threads, I guarantee you there aren't more than 10 of those on this forum.

Out of 60 total......

Crap. I still need a calculator. But.....eyeballin those figures, I'd guess around 80/20?? Like I said, I suck @ math, so someone help me out here.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Let's do the math here:

3 years he's been here.

That's 156 weeks.

I'll be generous and say one new TT thread every 3 weeks. Considering the offseason, and the gross tonnage we had week-to-week in 2005, that's damn generous.

156/3= 52 threads. Since I suck at math, let's round down to a total of 50 "TT sucks or is gay cause he's not married" threads.

Find the "Bench or trade Brett" threads, I guarantee you there aren't more than 10 of those on this forum.

Out of 60 total......

Crap. I still need a calculator. But.....eyeballin those figures, I'd guess around 80/20?? Like I said, I suck @ math, so someone help me out here.

EXACT A ****ALOO! you cannot find a post where i ever said brett should retire or needed to be benched. in fact there were maybe 3 posters on this board who ever said that. and Trom nor longtime never said it either. we said Brett needed to play better. and he did. TT needed to put together a great team. and he did.

so we said TT should put together a better team and had faith that he would do it... by looking at the facts instead of hype.
and we said Favre should play better and we all had faith that he would do it... by looking at stas and facts instead of saying that Favre is perfect which by all accounts he is not.

TT good team ----- check
Favre play better -- check.

so you said.... TT sucked after 1 minute of being in office and that he would never get the job done, because he didnt do what ESPN told you he should do.
You said favre is perfect and that Ted Thompson was the reason his play suffered.

TT suck ----- blank
Favre better because of ted----- CHECK!

your just wrong so so so wrong.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, just so I have this correct:

"TT should get all the credit for the 10 and 1 team "This Year" when just a few short months ago the same supporters defended his decisions by saying he was "building this team for the future"

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense !!! Look TT deserves a lot of credit for "building depth on this team; for the future", but if you want to give credit for winning "this year" , the bulk of the credit goes to Brett for coming back, MM for his coaching and the vets for their impact on the rookies because they are playing for today instead of for Ted's future.

Brett being considered for MVP of the year:

Link: http://www.bleacherreport.com/artic...dates_Tom_Brady_and_Brett_Favre_on_Top-271107

I guess TT could have just slipped Aaron in there at MVP level and we would have the same record ? ( No offense to Aaron at all ) but please !!

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[quote="Packnic]

EXACT A ****ALOO! you cannot find a post where i ever said brett should retire or needed to be benched. in fact there were maybe 3 posters on this board who ever said that. and Trom nor longtime never said it either. we said Brett needed to play better. and he did. TT needed to put together a great team. and he did.

so we said was the reason his play suffered.

.[/quote]

agopackgo4 wrote:

I agree I want a winning Era as well. but to me:

Brett Favre=BEst chance to win

tromadz wrote:
im not too sure about that

tromadz wrote:

im not too sure about that

Yared-Yam wrote:

You're right.

It's Ingle time.

tromadz wrote:

just might be

dhpackr wrote:
if #4 were throwing to DD, J-Walk, D. Jarrett I wonder what people would be writting

tromadz wrote:

That favre is still a human being and his natural decline is expected.

sorry

That's without even trying, and that's the tame stuff. Looks like some of your "facts" are being blown right out of the water.

And I'm not talking about topics...I'm talking about POSTS. Alot of people chimed in with their opinions on a post's topic, but didn't start the topic. Are there more topics regarding TT than Favre in a negative light? Yes, there probably are, but there were alot of posts that I remember by other posters that you are discounting.

Exactly, what is your point anyway? Why are you so backed up and bloviated over this issue? You may need a colonic...

People here have admitted that they were mostly wrong about TT. But that's not good enough for you, for some reason.

You say that Favre needed to play better. With what? You still haven't answered that question. With no WR's in '05 and no defense. With no O-line and WR's in '06?

Let's do the math.

TT could have fielded a better team in '05 and '06 if he would have used FA better. His choices for offensive line and WR position were not that good. (You won't admit it because you "TT Firsters" want to put it all on Favre). But this is a fact.

Now, thankfully..TT's draft picks at WR and defense have worked out, for the most part. The O-Line is better, but still needs some tweaking, and he might have finally found a RB in Ryan Grant.

You can try to re-write history, or twist the facts, but the simple truth is that TT hasn't been perfect in his tenure at Green Bay, but things are definitely looking up. I see that as a good thing, and hope to see it continue. But it's all good.

I don't know why some of you guys have such a hard time admitting your mistakes however, in your assessment of Brett Favre, and the fact that he was roundly attacked on this forum, and elsewhere. I guess it's my fault. I keep forgetting how "sensitive" you TT-Firsters really are...

I'll try to be sensitive to your "feelings" from now on. :thumbsup:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This is a TEAM sport...The team in 05 SUCKED!!! and the record showed that..

To say it laid all on TT is wrong, just as its to say it laid all on Brett is wrong...

Did TT do some things that made people go WTF!!! Of course he did..

Most of " TT fisters" dealt with daily bashing, name calling ( fisters, apologists etc... ) web sites asking for his head..All they wanted was TT to be given a chance, but a chance by definition for some was less then 4 games..

YOU KNOW FOR A FACT, if this team was 5-6, or 4-7, the anti TT group would be having a field day..Hell look at how many wheres Randy Moss post or threads...And its still happening..

So why cant those that are smiling on this 10-1 season gloat some..

Just as MUCH as you have the right to go off on the ones that thought Brett needed to go..

The TT fisters, apologists, lovers, etc....have the right to GLOAT...

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KGB94SACKEM said:
I will judge Ted when he does something one way or another. Thus far he has put together a 4-12 losing season, a mediocre 8-8 campaign, and thus far a steller good season. I don't pretend to know the future.

I would add a compass to your christmas list because you obviously have a problem with direction.

At the end of Sherman's tenure it was obvious(record wise, personnel, performance, any measurement you choose) this team was in decline. Yes, there was a reason, and good reason, Sherman was FIRED as GM. Make no mistake, regardless of how he was let out, he was fired.

You want to put that first year Thompson was here on him. Fine.

'05- Thompson had the LEAST to do with the roster-very little money, very few changes. Net affect of his impact-little. (4-12)

'06- More changes, many draft picks-Net affect-much more (8-8)

'07- More changes, Net affect-much more again (10-1)

You might want to look at your compass there buddy. Life does NOT EVER stand still. It is ALWAYS moving in A direction. If you have a problem with where this team is going then I would say you have a problem.

You certainly have one recognizing a good job when you see it. Talk about reluctance. If you don't like the guy you don't like the guy but don't sit here and tell me Ted Thompson hasn't done anything around here.

Unless changing like 80% of the roster and the entire coaching staff doesn't count.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score

To say it laid all on TT is wrong, just as its to say it laid all on Brett is wrong...

Most of " TT fisters" dealt with daily bashing, name calling ( fisters, apologists etc... ) web sites asking for his head..All they wanted was TT to be given a chance, but a chance by definition for some was less then 4 games..

YOU KNOW FOR A FACT, if this team was 5-6, or 4-7, the anti TT group would be having a field day..Hell look at how many wheres Randy Moss post or threads...And its still happening..

Just as MUCH as you have the right to go off on the ones that thought Brett needed to go..

Whatever, go ahead and gloat.

Gloat like a Goat...If that's what floats your boat..., for all I care...

But don't be surprised if you ruffle some Packer fans who also support Favre and remember all the arguments. "Favre is washed up...lost his arme strength...can't play the game anymore...", etc..

You may have some Favre supporters "gloating" right back at you!

PS..I'm glad someone FINALLY admitted that the '05 season shouldn't be pinned on Favre, (as it shouldn't be pinned on TT either). Some of it can be pinned to TT, but certainly not most of it.

(By the way, who are the "TT fisters..." :shock: )

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:

Gloat like a Goat, for all I care...

But don't be surprised if you ruffle some Packer fans who also support Favre and remember all the arguments. "Favre is washed up...lost his arme strength...can't play the game anymore...", etc..

You may have some Favre supporters "gloating" right back at you!

PS..I'm glad someone FINALLY admitted that the '05 season shouldn't be pinned on Favre, (as it shouldn't be pinned on TT either). Some of it can be pinned to TT, but certainly not most of it.

I for one am gloating that Favre is playing lights out

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What does Favre have to do with people giving props to TT? Oh, were you one of the Favre vs. TT people? Suddenly your existence and appearances on these threads make more sense.

I'm glad Favre is playing amazing. I'm also glad I get to rub it in your stupid faces for saying TT is a matt millen clone and should be fired. god it's good to be right\tromadz.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

There was NEVER that much directed towards Brett being 'washed up'. Never, not on this website. I know this for a fact because I read the site consistently, even though I have my own Packer site. Even when I was thought to be 'banned' I still was reading it. There was a massive misperception from a few Favre homers who thought a poster stating that Brett wasn't the same QB he was ten years ago, that in fact was the poster saying Brett is washed up. There were a few of course who claimed Brett lost it completely and was washed up. I was one of the many who were falsely accused of saying Brett is washed up. I simply said he wasn't making the same throws that he used to.

There was an immense hatred for Ted on this site. It actually overcame the website damn near 100%. There were threads about other teams that were turned in 'Ted sucks!!' and 'Ted is forcing brett into retirement' and etc.

Don't degrade the website with yoru innaccurate statements. It's appauling. Feel free to TRY and prove me wrong by doing some research. Trust me, you will find MANY hate ted threads vs brett is washed up threads.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fuzznuts said:

What does Favre have to do with people giving props to TT? Oh, were you one of the Favre vs. TT people? Suddenly your existence and appearances on these threads make more sense.

I'm glad Favre is playing amazing. I'm also glad I get to rub it in your stupid faces for saying TT is a matt millen clone and should be fired. god it's good to be right\tromadz.

I'm glad TT is doing well.

Can I rub it in your stupid face for saying that Favre is washed up and should've retired or be been traded by TT, then? :wink:

(I disagree Zero. There were quite a few people here stating that Brett was washed up on this very site. They should "man up" now and admit it, while they have the chance!)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Fuzznuts said:

I'm glad TT is doing well.

Can I rub it in your stupid face for saying that Favre is washed up and should've retired or be been traded by TT, then? :wink:

Seems you have an issue with Trom and his thoughts on Brett at the time..

so take it up with him and dont label THIS FORUM as 40% wanted Brett gone

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were others. Quite a few.

When I have time, I will root them out and and prove it to you if you want.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah, I'm sure you will. And you'll find more than 5 Favre-washedup\traded threads too, right?

(hint: no, you won't)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

I dont think you will find more then 4 posters who truly wanted Brett traded or to retire, and I bet half of those no longer post here

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Jeez... a couple hours to the biggest game of the year to date... and some are pissing an moaning about what was posted on an sports forum with multiple viewpoints with the posts comming months or even YEARS ago.

Brillant... We are 10-1 and having a great year.. sit back enjoy the ride.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How the Blue Hell did this turn into a Favre Thread?

Oh, that's right, that's about 60/40 what fuzznuts ever posts about, and let's see......yep! He's in this thread. So, that explains it.

Time to get this one back on topic.....

TT is a badass. One time I was lost in the woods, and manbearpig attacked me out of nowhere. TT showed up out of nowhere as well and ripped manbearpig's face clean off of his skull- not with his bare hands, mind you, but with his bare wiener. That's right, he mushroom-whipped manbearpig's face off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online