Q&A session with Ted Thompson

Status
Not open for further replies.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pat myself on the back? Huh? What did I do?

Also, good job not answering my question.

The team is 10-1, TT is a big reason. Deal with it.

What question was that?

and by the way, that so-called "WASHED-UP" QB is a bigger part. Deal with it

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre wouldn't be having such a good year without a Jennings, Jones, or Driver(re-signed), and that 'young and crappy offensive line.' I'm glad he is though. I'm glad it's all coming together. I'm glad TT is doing great, and Favre is playing phenomenal. I'm sorry you wish Favre was doing well in SPITE of Thompson and not because of his moves.

Deal with it.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
don't make me get out the hose, you two. Can we agree that the Packers look good? i think so.
Is Ted Thompson responsible for that? yes.
are there about 150 other people who are responsible for that? yes.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
don't make me get out the hose, you two.

I really hope it's not the hose you were talking about in the other thread...

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre wouldn't be having such a good year without a Jennings, Jones, or Driver(re-signed), and that 'young and crappy offensive line.' I'm glad he is though. I'm glad it's all coming together. I'm glad TT is doing great, and Favre is playing phenomenal. I'm sorry you wish Favre was doing well in SPITE of Thompson and not because of his moves.

Deal with it.

No Favre never did good with any other players, only Ted's. Furthermore your last comment makes no sense. TT is doing good, and I'm happy. I just don't see why you would get an ******** and go on a gloating streak because they are 10-1.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No Favre never did good with any other players, only Ted's.

I never said Favre never did good with non-TT-signed guys. That's just stupid, and a cheap attempt to make me look bad. There are ways to make me look bad, but that wasn't it. Good try twisting the words around, Mr. O'Reilly.

Furthermore your last comment makes no sense. TT is doing good, and I'm happy. I just don't see why you would get an ******** and go on a gloating streak because they are 10-1.

Take your ******** crap to Bozz.

We're 10-1. Are we not supposed to be happy about that? What the **** are you talking about? 10-1! And if you don't get the 'gloating streak' ...here ya go. You're obviously one of those people you have to repeat things a bunch of times and speak slowly:

Zombieslayer said:
The "I told you so's" are really getting old.

You know what....No. Hell no. Others can not do it, but I sure will.

There's been TT-hating threads since he got here and didn't go FA-crazy (like the Skins and Vikes). For 2 and a half years I had to deal with stupid people and their idiotic threads. I was the first "TT-Lover" and "Favre-Hater" for not saying the guy isn't a total *******. And NOW that (shocker), I was right about Thompson's strategy and GB is doing good, I'm just supposed to forget about it? Hmm, how about no, Scott. I'm going to enjoy every minute of this great season and this awesome manly roster put together by TED THOMPSON. So **** that!

And it's ok, cuz if we DON'T win the superbowl, all the same jackasses will crawl from under their rock and go "Look at your Ted Thompson now." "Wow, if he was so great, we shoulda won it all, right?"

People wanted to blame the 4-12 season soley on TT, which is ridiculous. But ok. Stupid people say stupid things. Doesn't he still have a losing record as our GM? I'm sure the geniuses will bring that up.

So...all the people who didn't give TT a chance(not fall IN LOVE with him like I 'supposedly' did) and let him clear up Sherman's mistakes, are morons, and I will let you know about it.

And for the record, I haven't started one "told ya so" thread or went into the archives and brought any of them back.

2 and a half years of 'gloating' that TT sucks ***. Now it's time for the other guys to get their words in now that the team is 10-1 and looking to be a force in the NFC for years(youngest team in the NFL, BABY). Deal with it.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, good job not answering my question.

What question was that?

LOL, Good Stuff. I'm done

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well a TT thread that was brought back to give the guy some props on building a team that went 10-1 is probably about to get locked.

Seems you can't have a pro-tt thread. That's sad.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well a TT thread that was brought back to give the guy some props on building a team that went 10-1 is probably about to get locked.

Guess i better say it now quickly........."I like Ted "Harpo" Thompson!!! :wink: :lol:

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is amazing.

For 3 offseasons all I hear is how TT is trying to push Brett out the door.

Quite a few people disagreed. What began as rational argument turned into name calling and baiting. I for one have been called many names, just for preaching patience. I took a bit of venom, and guys like Trom and Packnic and Cheesey took most of it.

Now, when its brought up that TT did in fact surround Favre with the talent essential to his success, the response is "well you were wrong about Favre! Apologize to him or desist discussion of TT!!" Well, sorry, we can't. Pretty sure none of us on this forum have his cell number. Of course, I'm sure a few of you would kill for it, so you can call him up and just breathe.......

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Guess i better say it now quickly........."I like Ted "Harpo" Thompson!!! :wink: :lol:

That's Uncle Ted to you, Cheesey! :D

And Tro, watching you gloat is all the glory I need in being right.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
This is amazing.

For 3 offseasons all I hear is how TT is trying to push Brett out the door.

Quite a few people disagreed. What began as rational argument turned into name calling and baiting. I for one have been called many names, just for preaching patience. I took a bit of venom, and guys like Trom and Packnic and Cheesey took most of it.

Now, when its brought up that TT did in fact surround Favre with the talent essential to his success, the response is "well you were wrong about Favre! Apologize to him or desist discussion of TT!!" Well, sorry, we can't. Pretty sure none of us on this forum have his cell number. Of course, I'm sure a few of you would kill for it, so you can call him up and just breathe.......

You're not quite telling the WHOLE story, PIB...Why not be honest about it?

This forum, and others out there in Packerland broke into Ted Thompson vs. Brett Favre factions and there was much venom spewed on both sides. It was quite vituperative, indeed. (Get out your dictionary, Cheesey!) :lol:

To say that the pro-TT side was calm and rational while they were viciously attacked by the so called, "Favre-firsters" is laughable, indeed. There was blood spilled on both sides.

Again, do we have to bring back all of the "Favre is washed up".."Favre is hurting the team"..."Favre should be traded" ....and my personal favorite "Favre is holding the team hostage" threads?

I think quite a few people on the "pro-TT" side would need to eat crow over those threads, but I don't see too many people here publicly issuing apologies to Favre, or at least admitting that they were wrong regarding all the stuff they said. Do you see the so called, "Pro Favre" faction gloating over that! They could be, I guess. They were attacked just as much as you claim you were.

And now, some people want to dredge it all up again just to see the posters who dared to question TT's methods along the way, prostrate themselves on the ground on all fours, baying like a dog, admitting their guilt and sin, while twisting in the dirt before them...or kneeling on the church steps in a hair-shirt (with the hairs turned inward), flagellating themselves with a whip saying, "Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa...I am sorry for doubting and offending thee...my Lord and Master..TT", even though these posters have already ADMITTED that they were wrong about TT (happily so), and that he was doing a good job.

Sorry, but that **** just doesn't fly.

Why can't some of you people see that finally TT has provided Favre with a team, a coach, and weapons that he needs to succeed (after two years of failing to do so), and that Brett Favre (as any elite QB would), has responded with excellent play, and a 10-1 season. It's not ALL TT's doing you know, they still have to play the games!

And I think that now maybe it's time for some of you "TT-firsters" to stop blaming Favre completely for the '05 season. In this game, you need a team around you to win at QB, and TT has finally delivered on that. Could he have signed a couple of more free agent O-Lineman, and WR's in '05 and '06 as a stop gap, temporary fix? Hell yes, imo (and not Gardner, Boreigter, and Taco Wallace, either. :lol:) Did he do it? Hell, no. The guy is not perfect. But he's pretty good.

What I'm really trying to say is that we are all Packer fans here and should be happy for the team's success?

Can't we be happy that the Packers are winning this year?

"Can't we all just get along?"

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KGB94SACKEM Wrote:

What in the hell has TT accomplished? A good season? Sherman gave us lots of good seasons.

You are confusing Sherman The Coach with Sherman The GM. He, in fact, NEVER gave us a "good" year as GM. His GMenship was so poor it was the equivilant of a pro golfer whiffing a tee shot.

Every team he put on the field after the first year was less talented then the previous one. The hard evidence of this was in the record. He also demolished a nearly unprecidented home field advantage in his tenure.

Your thinking is extremely far removed from reality if you have to ask what the "hell" TT has done for this football team.

He SAVED the son of a *****, o.k.? Pure and simply took a team in a nose dive talent wise and turned it around. Sorry he couldn't do it in the first 15 mniutes on the job which is what it would have took for some around here.

My lord. Asking the question "what has he done?" is a truly and profoundly STUPID question. The guy turned this team around. No. He didn't do it in one year.

Better shoot him I guess.

Are you that bad of a talent evaluater that you cannot see the vast improvement of players on this roster top to bottom?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KGB94SACKEM Wrote:

What in the hell has TT accomplished? A good season? Sherman gave us lots of good seasons.

You are confusing Sherman The Coach with Sherman The GM. He, in fact, NEVER gave us a "good" year as GM. His GMenship was so poor it was the equivilant of a pro golfer whiffing a tee shot.

Every team he put on the field after the first year was less talented then the previous one. The hard evidence of this was in the record. He also demolished a nearly unprecidented home field advantage in his tenure.

Your thinking is extremely far removed from reality if you have to ask what the "hell" TT has done for this football team.

He SAVED the son of a *****, o.k.? Pure and simply took a team in a nose dive talent wise and turned it around. Sorry he couldn't do it in the first 15 mniutes on the job which is what it would have took for some around here.

My lord. Asking the question "what has he done?" is a truly and profoundly STUPID question. The guy turned this team around. No. He didn't do it in one year.

Better shoot him I guess.

Are you that bad of a talent evaluater that you cannot see the vast improvement of players on this roster top to bottom?

definitely one of the top 5 posts i've ever read on this forum.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This forum, and others out there in Packerland broke into Ted Thompson vs. Brett Favre factions and there was much venom spewed on both sides. It was quite vituperative, indeed. (Get out your dictionary, Cheesey!) :lol:

To say that the pro-TT side was calm and rational while they were viciously attacked by the so called, "Favre-firsters" is laughable, indeed. There was blood spilled on both sides.

Again, do we have to bring back all of the "Favre is washed up".."Favre is hurting the team"..."Favre should be traded" ....and my personal favorite "Favre is holding the team hostage" threads?

I think quite a few people on the "pro-TT" side would need to eat crow over those threads, but I don't see too many people here publicly issuing apologies to Favre, or at least admitting that they were wrong regarding all the stuff they said. Do you see the so called, "Pro Favre" faction gloating over that! They could be, I guess. They were attacked just as much as you claim you were.

And now, some people want to dredge it all up again just to see the posters who dared to question TT's methods along the way, prostrate themselves on the ground on all fours, baying like a dog, admitting their guilt and sin, while twisting in the dirt before them...or kneeling on the church steps in a hair-shirt (with the hairs turned inward), flagellating themselves with a whip saying, "Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa...I am sorry for doubting and offending thee...my Lord and Master..TT", even though these posters have already ADMITTED that they were wrong about TT (happily so), and that he was doing a good job.

Sorry, but that **** just doesn't fly.

I took some time to look at some older posts, looking for Favre "bashing":...There are some yes, but the debate wasnt as heated as you imply ( not saying they arent there, but the ones I saw werent)
here is one

It was started by someone that doesnt post here anymore and havent seen him post in ages..It includes wisdom words by p@66ck, and pyle..

It SEEMS to me that take those 3 people out of the equation, and the Favre bashing debate doesnt seem to be as popular.

But to say the Favre bashing was AS heated-compared to the anti TT threads, is funny..The 2 arent even close.

Go ahead and look for the Favre bashing threads if you TRULY think it was bad...PROVE it to us,other then saying it was just as bad..

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Again I see double-speak. I did eat crow on the Favre issue. Done. As for the "publicly apologizing" idea of yours?

pack_in_black said:

And then there's this......

flagellating themselves

Doesn't this mean "farting themselves"? Uh, Cheesey, loan me that dictionary when ur done!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

Again I see double-speak. I did eat crow on the Favre issue. Done. As for the "publicly apologizing" idea of yours?

pack_in_black said:

And then there's this......

flagellating themselves

Doesn't this mean "farting themselves"? Uh, Cheesey, loan me that dictionary when ur done!

I think it was suppose to mean whipping themselves

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
95% of the people who supported TT or at least supported a patience approach, never not for one second wanted Favre gone.

100% of the people wanted Favre to play better. if you dont think Favre needed to play better the last two years... then i dont care what you think because as soon as he retires... youll be wearing a Tony Romo or Tom Brady jersey... and wont ever be on this site again.

Theres a difference in the out-cry for Favre to play better and the out-cry for TT to be fired after approx. 15 minutes on the job. and to say that people that supported TT wanted Favre gone or that TT wanted Favre gone is ridiculous and has zero evidence.

it all comes down to what several of us tried to say early in the off-season last year... You have to take in the whole picture. 1) Take what the new GM is inheireted, 2) what he is currently doing and 3) what his whole plan is. If he isnt doing what it takes in those three phases... then you have problems.

Ted recieved a junk team basically with some decent parts.
Ted immediately trimmed the crap from the team and it pissed some people who dont like change off.
Ted along with MM and the rest of the organization developed a plan and brought in the right personnel to do it. AND MUCH FASTER THAN ANYONE COULD HAVE IMAGINED if you ask me.

and really none of us are gloating over Ted Thompson... or the fact that we picked his side. We are gloating over the fact that we stuck with the team, and didnt make knee jerk reactions and look stupid for calling for his head after 16 games.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and really none of us are gloating over Ted Thompson... or the fact that we picked his side. We are gloating over the fact that we stuck with the team, and didnt make knee jerk reactions and look stupid for calling for his head after 16 games.

This.

PS I know it's flatulence. But thanks for the vote of confidence in my intelligence, LTF and bozz. jeez. :doh:

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

This.

PS I know it's flatulence. But thanks for the vote of confidence in my intelligence, LTF and bozz. jeez. :doh:

actually, i assumed you were joking. and a decent one, at that.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
95% of the people who supported TT or at least supported a patience approach, never not for one second wanted Favre gone.

100% of the people wanted Favre to play better. if you dont think Favre needed to play better the last two years... then i dont care what you think because as soon as he retires... youll be wearing a Tony Romo or Tom Brady jersey... and wont ever be on this site again.

Theres a difference in the out-cry for Favre to play better and the out-cry for TT to be fired after approx. 15 minutes on the job. and to say that people that supported TT wanted Favre gone or that TT wanted Favre gone is ridiculous and has zero evidence.

it all comes down to what several of us tried to say early in the off-season last year... You have to take in the whole picture. 1) Take what the new GM is inheireted, 2) what he is currently doing and 3) what his whole plan is. If he isnt doing what it takes in those three phases... then you have problems.

Ted recieved a junk team basically with some decent parts.
Ted immediately trimmed the crap from the team and it pissed some people who dont like change off.
Ted along with MM and the rest of the organization developed a plan and brought in the right personnel to do it. AND MUCH FASTER THAN ANYONE COULD HAVE IMAGINED if you ask me.

Wow. Just wow.

Do you even hear what you are saying, Packnic?

You are basically saying that TT "inherited a junk team from Sherman", and should get a pass for TWO YEARS, yet Favre who has to play with that SAME JUNK TEAM, should play better and WIN games with that junk team, for the Packers.

Do you realize how illogical that is?

And for you to just say that 95% of the posters who were Pro-TT were not Anti-Favre is just so aburd and ridiculous as to not even warrant a response. Based on what...your opinon? Your feelings about the matter?

You and Longtime are taking a very subjective and biased view and trying to package it, and pass it off as fact. I remember what the climate was like in Packerland. I remember the articles. I remember the articles in the newspapers, on TV, and I remember the posts on many forums (including this one), that were ripping Favre to shreds saying that he is an "old man that the game has passed by", and "he should be traded", and the like...Now for you to go and make light of this fact is, to me, down right disingenuous, if not brazenly hypocritical.

And I know that there are many posters on this forum who will back me up on this assertion, because it is a fact!

And if you don't realize that the reason why this "turn around" happened so quickly is because of one Brett Lorenzo Favre deciding not to retire, then I'm sure that you were one of the voices in the gallow's chorus shouting for Aaron Rodgers to start this year. "Get rid of the old man". If you would have gotten your wish with Rodgers, the Packers would be lucky to be a .500 team right now, and TT's future for the GB Packers would be still be hanging in the balance.

Now you are back pedaling quickly because you want to hang all of the laurels on TT's head, while minimizing Brett Favre's efforts and contribution to this team, because even now, in your post, you have not admitted that a large part of the Packer's success this year was because Favre did stick around, and not retire, and wish to give the lion's share of the credit to TT.

Because when it comes right down to it, I'm sure you were in the chorus of naysayers who wanted to crucify Favre for '05 and '06 because you didn't want to give credit to anyone other than Ted Thompson.

If you won't admit to that, then at least answer this question.

How was Brett Favre supposed to win and play better with the same "Sherman junk team", as you stated; the same junk team that you had given TT as GM a pass on for several years..??

Brett Favre = "Washed up" or "Unwashed up"?

(I'll give you a hint: If you were really "washed up", you couldn't return and be one of the NFL leader's at your postion in almost every category! So it must have been something else, right?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts