Punter?

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He can't "officially" practice.

Now if he is punting for "leg strength" as part of the "conditioning program" well there can't be an official declaration of how his strength is improving.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:

Now if he is punting for "leg strength" as part of the "conditioning program" well there can't be an official declaration of how his strength is improving.

Why not?

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
CaliforniaCheez said:

Why not?

Okay, I am confused too ?

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In an article in The Green Bay Press-Gazette a few weeks ago, titled "Packers plan 3 minicamps after draft" by Pete Dougherty.

Quote:" The NFL allows new coaches three minicamps instead of the usual two, so the Packers will have three day minicamps May 5-7, May 19-21 and May 31-June 2, in addition to 11 days of organized activities from June 5 to June 21." unquote

Minicamps and activitivities will be held in the Don Hutson Center until weather is good enough to move the sessions outdoors.

Practices in Don Hutson Center are closed to the public. Outdoor sessions are open to the public and are free of charge.

I don't think, Punter John Ryan will not be able to punt for the Packers until Mini camp May 5th by NFL regulations.

I would think, player practices are covered by NFL Franchise Management -NFL players Union Bargaining Agreement signed last month.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL permits only so many official practices. There are penalties for exceeding the limit. Remember the Redskins last year lost several practices for having too much contact in a mini camp.

Right now off season conditioning drills are permitted. The Packers have mini-camps in May and June. Then practice is permitted.

One has to use the right words for what players are doing.

If punting, it is a leg strengthening exercise.
If they are practicing punting, that may not be permitted.

If the offensive linemen are doing agility drills together that is okay.
If they are practicing blocking or doing blocking drills it is not okay.
Even if they are the same thing they cannot be called the same thing.

Not until training camp.

I hope that made it clear. Opportunity sessions are not practices, even if they look similar.

Members online

Latest posts