Punter for 2009

hitking2456

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So now that Lechler has been signed by da Raida's I think we should rekindle the punter talk.

I think we have a solid guy in Kapinos. I watched him play at Penn State and he was always consistent. I think with a bit of work and a few more years, this guy could be a franchise punter.

If management doesn't pick him, there are other young guys out there. Another Penn State punter who is graduating this year is Jeremy Boone. I went to high school with this guy and he has a hell of a leg. He played wideout and punter for our high school team and once nailed a 70 yard punt. He got recruited by Hofstra but chose to walk on at Penn State and eventually took over for Kapinos and was second team Big Ten for punting.

Aa-rodg_is_cool

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm fine with bringin in competition to where Kapinos can fight to keep his job.. just please don't pull anything like last year and cut my boy John Ryan without competition for Derick frost.. TT..

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
So long as a punter isn't a first day draft pick, a la BJ Sander, i'm fine with burning a pick on one so Kapinos has some competition.

NormalSizedMidget

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still have faith that Durant Brooks can be the guy to compete with him and we don't have to waste a draft pick or find a guy who's sitting at home on sundays.

freefromwhatyouare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chris Miller, Ball State is a stud punter. Potential to be the long-term answer to the Packers long lasting punting woes.

Would make a nice seventh round selection.

Let Kapinos and he fight it out during the pre-season. If he comes here Miller will win the job and become the Packers punter for the next ten years.

NormalSizedMidget

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the Cinci kid too from what I've seen. I don't know what he does as far as coffin corner type accuracy but his leg is HUGE. I'll have to do some research on that Ball State kid as well.

ohiopacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL.com stats has Justin Brantly - Texas A&M avg- 45.7 . Sleeper pk - Thomas Morstead-SMU- 41.8 avg(down from 44.6 the yr before) however- had 59 punts downed inside the 20 and only 10 touchbacks :beer:

freefromwhatyouare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Punters are a tough call always...you simply can't be a Pear Shaped Loser and pick a punter early and have him fail miserably.

Millers leg and numbers are still the best to me and would be a nice grab in the 7th round.

Shhhhhh! We don't want anyone else to get a look at him.

Members online

Latest posts