PTF Rumors: Favre 100% Sure Moss WILL Be A Packer

Chevelle2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the same PFT that reproted that Mike Sherman had been hired as the new head coach for the Arizona Cardinals. So I wouldn't believe anything from that site.

To be fair, they were also the first one to report Moss to Oak a few years back

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Additionally, Sherman and the Cards did start to negotiate a contract this offseason, but Sherman wanted more money than the Cards were willing to pay. As go the rumors :)

So I think they jumped the gun and tried to beat others to the story, and it feel through.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These alleged rumors never quote anyone.

As warhawk pointed out Randy Moss has not said a word.

As longtime fan pointed out Brett Favre has never been quoted on the subject, yet his name gets used.

Packer officials have denied all rumors.
Oakland officials say it has not been discussed.

So who is the "source close to the situation" ? An agent?
An agent this time of year is really a salesman.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't read all the posts above, so if I repeat, my apologies.

Ted & Co. is working to lower Randy's value. In essence, since it is fairly widely known there's a divorce coming between Oakland and Moss, Thompson is playing the poker game with a straight face.

Most of the writers looking at the situation have said Moss will be cut if they can't find a team to trade with. If he is cut, that is also bad for Green Bay. A team like New England or Tampa would likely sniff around Moss as a one-year addition.

So Thompson also has some incentive to give the Raiders something.
Why? Brett Favre wants it to happen.

I doubt seriously whether Thompson will give up a cherished draft pick. But he could easily give them KGB/and or Robert Ferguson. KGB for Moss makes a lot of sense from a contract perspective. Oakland also needs a KGB on its roster. A starter for a starter. A person with diminished value to one team that's more valuable to another...and it works both ways.

So Oakland will play poker until draft day. Then you will see Moss to Green Bay for KGB, my thinking. If they won't budge unless a pick is thrown in, look for Ferguson to be added. Oakland gets a starter and a very good special teams player and reserve end to get rid of a big contracted malcontent. KGB is a solid citizen, something the Raiders need.

I can't imagine Favre returning(he can still retire at any time) unless he thinks he has a shot at the playoffs. He and Moss also get along very well.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one can say anything is for sure. It may have been a 99%er until something fell apart at the last second. One party got cold feet, or Randy and his agent were not willing to adjust the contract to fit the trade.

Of course the Raiders are going to shun any word of any talks. It is going to effect their position of power in making a trade on draft day. Of course T.T. is not going to say anything, why would he?

It was almost done already once.

Randy Moss will not be a Raider by the end of the first pick in the 2007 draft. There is a 90% chance he will be in Green and Gold and catching passes from Brett.

The AMAZING THING IS.... This trade is going to be a break it or make it deal for the Packers this year.

The trade should make both teams much better, and the thing is the Packers really want the Raiders to be a better team this year. The Raiders will be playing the NFC North three times this year. THREE TIMES.

If the Packers win their game against the Raiders and the Raiders can win against Chicago and the Vikes that is a one game swing in the division and that could mean playing or sitting come playoff time for the Packers.

I got it from a good source that the trade was almost done. A Boston paper reported the almost exact same thing a day after I posted it here first.

I am so confident that this trade will happen that I will go out on the line and say.... If it does not happen you can all take a vote, run a poll, and if you vote that Raider Pride is full of crap, well then I will never post another thing on this forum. Never.

Even if it does not happen, I promise you it will come out that the deal was almost done. The Packers and Raiders were THAT CLOSE. (Holding my fingers about a quarter inch apart.)

R.P.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
MidwestFavreFan said:
This is the same PFT that reproted that Mike Sherman had been hired as the new head coach for the Arizona Cardinals. So I wouldn't believe anything from that site.

Ummm...

Source - Link

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Good, now you have a visual of it as well. Read everything about it and maybe it will click as to what my point is instead of me having to spoon feed it to ya! :p

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MidwestFavreFan said:
Zero2Cool said:
MidwestFavreFan said:

Ummm...

Source - Link

Good, now you have a visual of it as well. Read everything about it and maybe it will click as to what my point is instead of me having to spoon feed it to ya! :p
The headline says "Sherman gets the Cardinals job"

This never happened. So it is false. What's the problem? :shrug:

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The part about Moss being quiet is the intriguing part. I hate Randy Moss like an alcoholic hates the bottle. The devil inside me wants to see him in Green and Gold come this season. I can't explain why. My first reaction was hell no, and now like an evil older brother, I say we bring him in and stir it up.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moss has NEVER been quiet that's why I brought that up but if the guy had a change of heart, which would mean a HUGE about face, I think he would have personally come out and said so by now.

I am talking about a turn around that would rival any about face made by any disgruntled NFL player, ever.

It would make the Javon Walker/Packer split look like a 15 minute time out with your 10 year old.

What we do know is the guy made it very clear, back when he was talking, that he wants out and the Raiders are like out of cap space. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out where this is going.

I've been known to throw down a buck or two from time to time and I would lay a hundred on Moss not being a Raider all day long.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z said:
longtimefan said:
Brett never was quoted as saying this

This paticular rumor is false

We have no idea what Brett has said or hasn'r since he has been very quiet :)

Ok his pilot has said Brett never was quoted saying this

Is his pilot with him all the time? Nope, the only ones that know whats going on with Brett is his family and himself.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
Pack93z said:
longtimefan said:

Is his pilot with him all the time? Nope, the only ones that know whats going on with Brett is his family and himself.

Brett probably didnt say this IMO...but again noone knows whats going on with Brett but himself and his family unless his pilot lives with him 24 hours a day..

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think he was kind of kidding with that comment. playing off past info from the pilot. but i agree, just because he isn't quoted doesn't mean he didn't say it. and just because someone is quoted doesn't mean they did say it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
longtimefan said:
Pack93z said:
longtimefan said:

Brett probably didnt say this IMO...but again noone knows whats going on with Brett but himself and his family unless his pilot lives with him 24 hours a day..
read it for your self heather

http://www.officialbrettfavre.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10150

The Brett I last talked to has no clue what the Packers will do.

8th post down

Sat the 14th

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Longtime I know what you are saying, but all I do know is Brett is the only one that knows what Brett is doing or is going to do or is going to say...Im sure he doesnt discuss everything with his pilot nor is his pilot with him all the time...I do believe Brett didnt say it like you say but when you ad his pilot in there is noway this pilot can know everything that Brett is thinking, saying or doing...he doesnt live with him...

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Truth is......if Favre DID say anything about it to someone, of COURSE he's gonna deny saying it, so that he doesn't throw a wrench into the whole deal.
So the only one that really knows is Favre himself, and i really don't think he would want to screw anything up by talking about it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Truth is......if Favre DID say anything about it to someone, of COURSE he's gonna deny saying it, so that he doesn't throw a wrench into the whole deal.
So the only one that really knows is Favre himself, and i really don't think he would want to screw anything up by talking about it.

this would make sense to me..

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
With how Free Agency is these days, you can't say much bad about someone so you will more than likely always hear that a player would like to have another player on their team.

I'd be more shocked to hear someone say they did NOT want someone on their team than hearing they said they WOULD want someone on their team.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Great post Cheesy!! This is what I was trying to say. Really noone knows but Favre himself...

Staff online

Members online