1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

PS4 vs Wii U vs Xbox 1

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Wood Chipper, Jun 15, 2013.

1. mayo44

mayo44 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Tomb Raider 1-4, Metal Gear Solid 1-3 and Final Fantasy I-IX. 'Nuff said.
    • Old Old x 1
  2. NorthWestCheeseHead

NorthWestCheeseHead Just talk about FACTS, baby

Ratings:
    +301 / 36 / -5
    Packer Fan Since:
    HAHAHAHA, FF 1-3 was on the NES and 4-6 were on the SNES. the PS1 had FF 7 - 9 only.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,368 / 24 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    Seeing as PS1 only had FF VII, VIII, and IX. Also Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 were on the PS2... I am assuming you are debating blindly and are not actually here to be an intelligent representative of the PS1 fan base.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan USMC4EVER

Ratings:
    +1,212 / 74 / -16
    Packer Fan Since:
    Out of those 73 games that YOU "confirm are good and not cartoony", there are only a good handful that were popular by public standards. YOU can't say that your statement isnt a personal opinion, because it is. Yes, there are several really good titles on that list, but for the most part many of those are unheard of by most people, or just not popular.

On your list of "cartoony games" there are many that were popular ( anything mario and a variant of) were very popular, but mainly purchased by parents for their kids or bought by kids. I personally never bought anything mario due to the fact that the games were to easy and cartoony and kid based. That is my personal reason for not buying them.

Metal gear solid
    Final fantasy(series)
    Castlevania
    Ridge racer
    Chrono cross
    Tony hawk pro skater
    Street fighter (series)
    Resident evil (series)
    silent hill
    Gran turismo
    Twisted metal 1 & 2
    Medal of honor
    Legacy of kain
    metal slug x
    Driver
    Parasite eve
    Tomb raider
    colin mcrea racing
    wwf (series)
    spider man
    dino crisis
    soul blade
    tetris
    blood omen
    bushido blade
    bloody roar
    doom and final doom

all of those ps1 titles were generally popular among most teens -adults
  5. mayo44

mayo44 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Tell them that then:

http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html?search=final fantasy&numrev=3&site=ps

Besides, since N64 is 64 bit, PS2 is the more appropriate comparison anyway. Plus N64 had that crappy controller.

BTW, I don't live and die by video games. Life's too short for that, so I don't consider being an encyclopedia of all things video games to be something to be particular bragging about, but okay.

Oh, and the best gaming platform for anything other than sports games is the one you build yourself.

And no, I don't give a crap about Zelda.
  6. Wood Chipper

Ratings:
    +1,368 / 24 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    PS2 was 128 bit and was a whole new generation along with the xbox and gamecube.
    Also my apologies, I wasn't counting the rereleases of older FF games for the PS1. So 1,2,4,5,and 6 were all rereleased on the PS1 after appearing on other systems first. I was under the impression we were talking about exclusives. PS1 had it's fair share of good games. I just find the N64 to be better.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_video_games
  7. mayo44

mayo44 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Okay, I didn't think I was completely crazy. Regardless, opinions are opinions.
  8. NorthWestCheeseHead

Ratings:
    +301 / 36 / -5
    Packer Fan Since:
    No one is bragging about anything, we are discussing. I wasn't aware that having one's facts strait was a valid reason to mock them. It's not like I happen to study this stuff, I just happen to have played a lot of games growing up and I have an excellent memory. I don't think any wealth of knowledge on any subject is worth ridiculing, and by saying such you're really just coming off as a troll.

None of those games received any sort of improvements between their original releases and being ported over to the PS1 because of that they should be excluded from being considered a part of why the PS1 was a better system overall, I think. It's like talking about how awesome 'Jade Empire' and 'Fable' 1 (BOO, no 'Lost Chapters'!) are on the 360 just because you can purchase and play DMR versions of the games through the Live market place; or trying to sell someone on the PS3 over its re-release of FF7.

I think everyone posting needs to give credence to the fact that what is considered "good/ better" is all entirely subjective and based on what you enjoy when gaming. Personally I really liked the N64 controller because It seemed intuitive for the games that were released on the platform; but yeah, trying to play something such as Metal Gear Solid with it would have been a chore I'm sure.

I don't see how talking about PC's is relevant in either the topical conversation about the PS4/XB1/WiiU, or even the N64/PS1 debate that has sort of hijacked the thread. (Not that I mind). I mean, that just sort of comes across as some school yard: "Oh yeah; well you're just a big stupid head and my tree house is better, so there", stuff that is entirely laughable to even bring up.
  9. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +585 / 13 / -0
    Way to be original with the username.. Naming it after Kim Kardashian's baby? Really?

I loved everything about it except I always had trouble with those yellow buttons haha
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. MiamiBeachPacker

MiamiBeachPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +212 / 15 / -0
    I loved the N64 controller
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. NorthWestCheeseHead

Ratings:
    +301 / 36 / -5
    Packer Fan Since:

Wait, what? :confused: I live in the pacific northwest currently and I'm a Packer fan. I use this on every football site I am a member of. Been using this sn for almost 5 years now, and secondly ... just no.

I never had an issue with the buttons, generally games left a portion, usually about 1/3, of the controller either unused or only contained the buttons controler minor/ insignificant gameplay actions. If it seemed to be an issue for you I think you just didn't understand how to hold it for the specific control style for the particular games you had an issue with.

*edit* I will acknowledge that longer thumb fingers most likely aided in my lack of difficulty for some games.
  12. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +585 / 13 / -0
    I was only joking :D

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20711076,00.html

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. NorthWestCheeseHead

Ratings:
    +301 / 36 / -5
    Packer Fan Since:
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +585 / 13 / -0
    I felt bad for the kid just knowing who the parents were.... But the name is just a death sentence on top of that
  15. NorthWestCheeseHead

Ratings:
    +301 / 36 / -5
    Packer Fan Since:
    I'm kind of worried now that they might name their next kid another one of my screen names I use. We seem to enjoy the same naming conventions. :eek:
  16. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +585 / 13 / -0
    If she names her next baby "Cheesehead", you're outta here
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Wood Chipper

Ratings:
    +1,368 / 24 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    I think I preferred Fable 2 over 1. Btw 3 was such a disappointment. Being King should of lasted longer! Among other things.
  18. Wood Chipper

Ratings:
    +1,368 / 24 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    I agree that the yellow buttons were blegh. They were trying something new like they did with the joystick and rumble pack.
  19. NorthWestCheeseHead

Ratings:
    +301 / 36 / -5
    Packer Fan Since:
    I find that Lionhead Studios tends to release mediocre games at best. None of them live up to the hype and the games all come of as chintzy. Fable 1 was the only game of there's I've enjoyed though I've played the majority of their releases to varying degrees.
  20. mayo44

mayo44 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If the thread was about the new consoles and you guys have hijacked it into a n64/ps1 debate, then how is it any different to add PCs to the mix?
  21. Wood Chipper

Ratings:
    +1,368 / 24 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    Did you ever play the movies? The idea was fantastic but the execution wasn't all there. I think it was a bit ahead of it's time.
  22. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan USMC4EVER

Ratings:
    +1,212 / 74 / -16
    Packer Fan Since:
    N64 controller is all about personal prefference (sp?), I found it ok, but it's best quality was it was highly durable...lol....ya know what I mean.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  23. MiamiBeachPacker

MiamiBeachPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +212 / 15 / -0
    I might know what you're talking about if it involves getting killed while playing GoldenEye >_>
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. NorthWestCheeseHead

Ratings:
    +301 / 36 / -5
    Packer Fan Since:
    Na, but I played Black and White 1 & 2 so we could call it even.