1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Prom

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by uwbadger12000, Feb 14, 2006.

1. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I am thinking about asking this girl to prom. What are some good ways to ask?
  2. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    geez - just like a man - i need details, kiddo!

1. does she even know you're alive?

2. are you friends with her in any way?

3. do you have mutual friends?

4. do you have something in common??

i know prom is totally different from my day (late 80's to be exact) & it seems like y'all make it a HUGE deal just to ask the girl now. i've seen alot of different ways to ask a girl to prom. i think one of the coolest was candles set up in the shape of a heart with "prom?" in the center. then hand her a nice bouquet of flowers & see what she says. just one small idea - good luck, buddy! :wink:
  3. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I had to defer this one to my wife as I have NO game anymore.

She suggested, if you really want to put some work into it, to do something along the lines of a treasure hunt. A few/series of clues that eventually lead to a final destination. You being the final destination standing there holding a flower and ask her to accompany you. This would probably take some help from her friends as well as a bit of work on your part. Depends what your current relationship is with her.
  4. big3

big3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Holy crap are you setting this dude up for a fall. If it's a girl you know pretty well, you already have a pretty good idea what her answer may be. If it's a girl you don't know very well, It would be best to ask her directly. Something like "Would you like to go to the prom with me?" I damn sure wouldn't set up something extravagant if it's someone you don't know well as you would be getting your hopes up and putting work into something when she may have no interest.
  5. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yes. :D

Yes.

What does that mean?

Some stuff, but not a ton.
  6. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Actually, I don't.
  7. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    that's why i asked all the questions, big3!! no use embarassing yourself. in my day, a simple question was good enough but now we're talking MAJOR fuss/expense goes into just ASKING a girl to prom!! craziness!!! :wink:
  8. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I am very shy, so it is very hard to me to talk to any girls that I like.
  9. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    yeah those first 2 were pretty bad..the direct approach is the way to go, but you have to have some kind of relationship with her. just shoot the sh!t with her for a bit and ask her if she has a date yet. if not, then you know what to do buddy...

[​IMG]
    The Ladies Man is here for all your romantic queries."
    • Like Like x 2
  10. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    mutual friends means that you would have some of the same friends. ya know like a group of friends you hang with. good to know she's aware that you are, in fact, living & that you're friends with her already. i still stick with the candle idea. not alot of expense but still a real cool thing!
  11. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I am friends with her.

I don't know when is the right time to ask. The prom is April 22. I think that is a great day for the prom because it isn't on the same day as the NFL Draft. :D
  12. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    We have a couple of the same friends, but those friends aren't either of our best friends.
  13. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    while i think it's real sweet that you're shy & all, suck it up kiddo, bite the bullet, & ask her sooner than later. i like arrow's idea about asking her if she's got a date first though. if she says no, you can always have the candles set up in a different room. stop dissin my idea, arrow - who's the girl here?? :) i think it would have her saying "ohhh, what a sweet thing to do!" - that's what i'd be thinkin anyway!!!

btw, a little advice from my hubby (hope this doesn't offend you or anyone else as it was meant to be a joke, i think!!) he said the first thing to ask her would be, "do you put out?" LOLOLOLOL!!!
  14. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    lol..good stuff. can't have the prom conflicting with the draft.

as far as timing goes, your call buddy. but the longer you wait the more opportunities other dudes will have to ask her the same question. when i was younger i always used to procrastinate bigtime when it came to these things. if it were me now, i would ask her really casually and just get it over with. the worst thing she can say is no thanks...then you have more time to ask her dumber friend out. :lol:
  15. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    That is a good call about asking her to prom sooner rather than later. Hopefully, that she will say yes.
  16. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    hahaha..sorry that just sounds corny as hell to me, but girls do fall for some corny stuff.

Badger-if she says no thanks, ask if her mom has plans :wink:
  17. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    agreed on the corny stuff, arrow - especially around prom time!!! :D
  18. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Nah, I'll have to pass on that idea.

Also, I don't like when people talk Mom's because my mom died a little over two years ago.
  19. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    oh my goodness buddy - you have my deepest sympathies. my dad just passed away 3 months ago - i feel your pain. :cry:
  20. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    sorry sport...i was joking. kinda like 4pack's hubbys' idea. remember.
  21. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    That sucks. I have my family members and a girl at school who had the same thing happen to her, to help me out.

The two-year anniversary of her passing away was just February 2. She died in a car accident the day after the Panthers/Patriots Super Bowl. My mom, her friend, and my sister were in the car. They were going to look for a house because my dad got the house because they were divorced. My mom asked me if I wanted to go, and I said no because I was too busy playing playstation. My dad said he has a new respect for playstation. Evidently, the car spun out of control and another car hit the passanger side, where my mom and sister were. My mom died instantly, and her friend died because he wasn't wearing his seatbelt. My sister had rods put in her legs. She was in the intensive care unit for about a week or two. She had to be in a wheelchair for about a month, and then crutches for a couple months. I am happy to report she is and has been doing fine, except for being a b!tchy sister. I still have yet to go over to the cemetary to see my mom's grave.
  22. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I remember. That's cool.
  23. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    what a tragedy, badger. thankfully your sister is just fine physically now & bugging you like all us sisters like to do! take your time with the whole cemetary thing. you'll know when it's right for you to go. it's hard to go to my dads grave - i keep telling myself it's because we don't have a grave stone there yet. i think i'm lying to myself though. you're right - it sucks - totally sucks - i've found that's the best way to put it when people ask me about my dad's death.

my dad was a hardworking farmer, skinny as a rail, worked 12 hour days, came home & walked on a treadmill for a few miles every night, ate all the right things, watched his cholesterol, didn't smoke, & still ended up dying of cancer.
  24. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    That really sucks. It is hard to lose a parent at a young age.
  25. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Does this girl know you like her? Do you know if she likes you? Either way I would ask her anyways, get a single rose and attach a sweet card with it, inside the card you could ask her if she wants to go to prom with you. If she turns you down then you know she doesnt like you, that doesnt mean you are a bad person, shes just not the right one for you...rejection is hard to take for anyone, but there are so many rejections in real life...hope all goes well for you, let us know what happens...good luck!!!