Profootballweekly commentary

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay at Atlanta
Packers 33, Falcons 25

RB Samkon Gado ran for 103 yards and scored three times because he was more physical than the Falcons’ linebackers. Gado ran through too many tackles, and Atlanta’s run defense was unable to adjust during the game.

But Gado was almost the goat and not the hero. He fumbled twice — once on the opening drive, the same mistake that resulted in ReShard Lee’s benching a week earlier — but the Packers recovered both.

Gado is raw, doesn’t see cutback lanes or read his blocks as well as he could and runs too upright.

A veteran defense will hit him under his shoulder pads and tackle through the ball — watch for the Vikings, with Sam Cowart, Pat Williams, Antoine Winfield and safeties Darren Sharper and Corey Chavous, to tear at Gado on every tackle.

That being said, Gado runs like a 240-pound fullback. Think Zack Crockett minus two inches of height and the dreadlocks, but with better long speed. Gado is determined, can be his own blocker and has a second gear.

He made a nice catch just before the two-minute warning, fully extending both arms and plucking the ball out in front of his body, but he’s not the receiver Ahman Green was and is more of an outlet than a go-to receiver.

=================================

Personally, I don't think Gado's gonna be mowing 'em down like at Atlanta, this time. But Rashard Lee might be able to play the dodge 'em game a bit better than any one else.

More to the point, can we exploit Sharper's habit to lay off the play and usually be "one and a half" steps off the ball?

I think our Defense will get to Brad Johnson - he's not all that mobile behind center. Everyone should remember how it went on Offense when he played for Tampa Bay. I would look for us to get at least one sack, maybe two, but I'm lookin' for Nick Collins to have a great game against BJ, with an INT, maybe two....

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But will Gado hold on to the ball ? I love the guy but this is one thing that worries me with his inexperience.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts