Prisco rates Woodson in top 20

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By Rick Klauer
Wednesday, Jun 25 2008, 07:46 PM

Pete Prisco has high praise for Charles Woodson and ranks the Packers cornerback among the best players in the NFL.

Woodson joins teammate Aaron Kampman as the only two Packers to crack Prisco's top 50 players according to a list at sportsline.com. Woodson was listed 18th overall, while Kampman was 45th.

Regarding Woodson, Prisco says: "Ask Packers insiders who was better last season, Woodson or Pro Bowl player Al Harris. The answer is Woodson. After (Champ) Bailey, I'd take him over all other corners."

And for those keeping score in Minnesota, Prisco includes four Vikings on his list - all of them ranking in the top 20, including: defensive tackle Kevin Williams (10), defensive end Jared Allen (12), running back Adrian Peterson (15), and guard Steve Hutchinson (19)

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I'm wondering is why MM continues to have Harris cover the #1 WR. Does MM know something every else doesn't?

I'd like to see Woodson and Harris flip and see how it works out. If it turns out Woodson does better than Harris, keep it that way.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I'm wondering is why MM continues to have Harris cover the #1 WR. Does MM know something every else doesn't?

I'd like to see Woodson and Harris flip and see how it works out. If it turns out Woodson does better than Harris, keep it that way.

Harris live for the Challenge of facing the best Recievers, i think C-Wood favours more getting the ball in his hands via picks and making big plays.
I get the feeling from them that Al's hope in every game is to keep the Top Reciever catchless and C-Wood's hope is to take a pick to the house.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:

Harris live for the Challenge of facing the best Recievers, i think C-Wood favours more getting the ball in his hands via picks and making big plays.
I get the feeling from them that Al's hope in every game is to keep the Top Reciever catchless and C-Wood's hope is to take a pick to the house.

Well, I'd rather have a CB take a pick to the house than holding the opposing WR catchless. Taking a pick to the house changes a game.

ChiliMaddensChili

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tiger said:
Zombieslayer said:

Well, I'd rather have a CB take a pick to the house than holding the opposing WR catchless. Taking a pick to the house changes a game.

Err that doesn't make sense to me personally. Your CB gives up two touchdowns and a hundred yards, but then gets an INT for a TD..... or no INT and no catches for the WR. I'll take a shutdown corner over a playmaker...

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Err that doesn't make sense to me personally. Your CB gives up two touchdowns and a hundred yards, but then gets an INT for a TD..... or no INT and no catches for the WR. I'll take a shutdown corner over a playmaker...

I'll have to go back and find Pack in Black's stats he posted, but I don't think Harris allowed 2 TDs in a single game last year. Did he?

The other thing, in defense of Harris, maybe if Harris covered the #2 WR, he'd be taking INTs to the house. Of course that's speculation, but I'm putting it out there for discussion's sake.

Members online

Latest posts