Previewing the Packers-Eagles matchup

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Previewing the Packers - Bleeding Green Nation

This is one of the best game previews I've ever seen. The author hits every point possible, puts his bias aside and makes an incredible article.

I really recommennd everybody take some time to read it.

Here's some preview:

I've made two preview threads this season, one against the Giants (first game) and one against the Bears. In those games the Eagles went 1-1 so the superstitious side of me tells me that this is okay, I'm not jinxing the game.
Let me start off by saying I respect the hell out of the Packers and they're the team I wanted to face the least. During that 5 game stretch in the middle of the season where they were dominating on both sides of the ball, I was convinced they were the best team in football and I believe they're much better than their record would indicate.
First let me start with my criticisms of this Eagles team, things that are going to come back and bite them.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

1. Lack of Pass Rush
-Odd. An Eagles team that can't get pressure. Early in the year, pass rushing was not a problem but in games after the Bears game not including Sunday's glorified pre-season match-up the Eagles notched a grand total of 7 sacks and 13 QB hits which means that in the Eagles starters last 4 games they averaged less than 2 sacks a game and just over 3 QB hits a game. Blitz packages aren't getting home and the front 4 is struggling to get pressure as well.

Members online

Latest posts