Preseason Week 3 Packers VS Bengals

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Benson picks up a couple of 3rd and shorts, he'll be worth the headaches he's probably going to cause. Getting pretty excited for the run to #14.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Benson should be a good pick up. He is a powerful smash you in the mouth runner. He finds holes, runs with purpose and is not afraid to lower his pads and hit the defender. Not saying his is the best out there, but better than what we have had since A. green. Plus, he might just have something to prove to the Bengals.

Cobb, is still just a young buck, he is going to fumble and make mistakes. He has a TON of potential just waiting to mature. He will be someone the other teams will have to plan around one day.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like them to keep the starters in for Harelle even if it's just the first half so he can show what he really has.

Rugbygirl87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will be my first Packers game and I really wanted a clever sign...any suggestions?I was thinking something to do with Benson?Thanks for the help!!

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
I hope we show out tonight!!! There is nothing worse than going to an opposing teams stadium and getting blasted... I think the Packers have worked out the kinks from the 2 preseason losses and are determined to come out tonight and prove it! I hope these Bungles fans dont try and start $hit... Good thing I am going with a Pack Squad! GPG!!!

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm curious to see if Harell plays like a backup qb or a backups backup. If he stinks it up tonight then i think TT really takes a long look at potential backup qb's because this team is 1 injury away at qb from picking in the top 5. We don't have the type of defense at this point to be able to carry us so it's on the offense to score point's and if something happens to Rodgers we need a guy who can come in, and well not be Rodgers...but whole lot better then the backup qb play i've seen.

toolkien

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year and this year combined, he has a muff and 2 fumbles. He'll be fine. Hell, Adrian Peterson was a fumble machine for 4 years.

In less than 100 touches of the ball. Peterson touches the ball a hell of a lot more.

Ball security is part of the bread and butter of the Packer formula. It's what has had them arguably the best team in football (regular season anyway) over the last three years. But in the playoffs they gave the ball away a lot in '09 and '11. And Cobb turns the ball over at an above average rate. The offense will grind to a halt if they can't hang onto the ball and/or they give it up.

Teams are .500 at 0 turnover margin (obviously). Already at the +/-1 turnover margin, the winning % moves to 30/70 from 50/50, which is huge.

Turning the ball over 4 (his stats last year said 3 fumbles + the one this preseason) times in <100 touches is too much. He may develop, but simply saying only 3 without proportion isn't the best way to look at it. The proportion will go down over a bigger sample, but if you don't show something better than a 4% fumble/touch ratio, you're not likely to get the bigger sample.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Read where Starks & Harrell could be on the chopping block. Starks probably won't play today but Harrell better show out if he wants a job

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Read where Starks & Harrell could be on the chopping block. Starks probably won't play today but Harrell better show out if he wants a job

I can honestly say i am not shocked by this news. Starks maybe a little suprised because he's still fairly young and has showed flashes but the guy is way to injury prone to be a franchise running back. the NFL is a what have you done for me lately league and since our magical SB run he has fallen off. Harell on the other hand? nope. He's not a second string qb by any means.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I care about is this damn front 7 getting pressure, that's all I want to see for these last 2 games.

Couldn't agree more. That is the number 1 thing I will be watching tonight. If we can't get pressure on the QB, our defense will be much of the same last year. I just need to see Perry, Worthy, Daniels, etc. make the QB uncomfortable. If that happens, I will feel a lot better heading into the season.

OP
OP
HyponGrey

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
This will be my first Packers game and I really wanted a clever sign...any suggestions?I was thinking something to do with Benson?Thanks for the help!!
Signed #32 to draft #32
(Sorry V-trophy, but it was too good so I had to steal it)
or something clever about how Benson>Green-Ellis like "Benson: case closed" "Honorable Judge Benson Presiding" "Representing the Packers: #32 Cedric Benson" "I fought the law firm and won. #32"

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I would rather see Cobb fumbles then Jones drop another open field pass

Why does everyone gripe about Jones dropping balls but not Driver? Last year Jones dropped 4 out of 72 opportunities. Driver dropped 8 out of 73. Getting pretty tired of the double standard people seem to want to apply between JJ and DD.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Why does everyone gripe about Jones dropping balls but not Driver? Last year Jones dropped 4 out of 72 opportunities. Driver dropped 8 out of 73. Getting pretty tired of the double standard people seem to want to apply between JJ and DD.

JJ cannot be compared to DD. Driver has been here for a long time and has established himself as a proven performer and an icon. He has won many games for us over the years and has been "the man" when the game was on the line. JJ has the worst timing on his drops, not so much the amount, just the timing. Driver has saved our bacon to many times to count over the span of his career, whereas JJ has burned our bacon.

Driver > Jones: any day

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Oshkockpackfan:

What are you disagreeing with? Why not make a post to be clear? Are you disagreeing that Driver had twice as many drops as Jones last year? Because that's a fact which is not subject to opinion. Or are you disagreeing that there's a double standard? I would reiterate that there IS a double standard because people regularly make remarks about Jones dropping the ball, but nobody talks about Driver's drops.

OP
OP
HyponGrey

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Oshkockpackfan:

What are you disagreeing with? Why not make a post to be clear? Are you disagreeing that Driver had twice as many drops as Jones last year? Because that's a fact which is not subject to opinion. Or are you disagreeing that there's a double standard? I would reiterate that there IS a double standard because people regularly make remarks about Jones dropping the ball, but nobody talks about Driver's drops.
Allow me. Driver in his prime > Jones two years ago. Apparently past performance automatically earns a player the right to start forever regardless of recent failure. You are correct with the double standard, but the dividing line is proved/proven. No one doubts that DD earned his years here, but some people still don't feel Jones has because he has been completely overshadowed.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Allow me. Driver in his prime > Jones two years ago. Apparently past performance automatically earns a player the right to start forever regardless of recent failure. You are correct with the double standard, but the dividing line is proved/proven. No one doubts that DD earned his years here, but some people still don't feel Jones has because he has been completely overshadowed.

See, I take a more pragmatic view. When a player's skills are in clear decline, to me it's time to move on. Donald will continue to do great things within the Packers organization. I just don't think those things are on the field. IMO, past performance should not make one immune to criticism.

OP
OP
HyponGrey

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
See, I take a more pragmatic view. When a player's skills are in clear decline, to me it's time to move on. Donald will continue to do great things within the Packers organization. I just don't think those things are on the field. IMO, past performance should not make one immune to criticism.
I completely agree.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Also Driver is the one who slants across the middle a lot and knows he's gonna get hit hard. Whereas Jones is often streaking down the sideline. I think people expect the guy who is open on the sideline to catch the ball more than they do the guy who is gonna get popped.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Latest posts