Preseason Opener- Charged Lambeau Field Nationally Televised

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In light of the upcoming game against San Diego, I looked at a few things on Charger web sites and it appears that the Chargers are excited about running many variations of a new 2 TE offense. They will be looking at running the ball with their new rookie RB from Kansas State, Sproles. Marty Ball. They think/hope Bhawoh Jue is going to beat out their "weak link" at Free Safety.

The Chargers are holding training camp in the San Diego area instead of Los Angeles (Carson) which Drew Brees said he liked being cheered instead of heckled by Raider "fans." Ron Pitts is going to do play by play for their local preseason coverage of the final 3 preseason games.

They are attempting to get a new stadium and it appears that they are being more reasonable in their negotiations than Jerry Jones, Bidwell, and Brown in Cincinati. I used to live near Jack Murphy (Qualcom) stadium and have a bit of an interest. Link below:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/ch ... rgers.html

We start on ESPN with the Chargers visiting a fully occupied and loud Lambeau field.

I foresee the Chargers wanting to work on establishing the run early and when Rivers enters the game passing more to see how he runs the offense. I'm sure the Chargers would like to see him run the 2 minute offense before half time.

The Packers are wanting to look at new defensive backs and would not mind if the Chargers threw the ball more than they would in a "real" game. Everyone wants to see what success the defense will have. I'm sure the crowd will be very excited at every defensive success. This should be tempered with the knowledge that defenses are always ahead of offenses early in the year. If they play poorly some groans will be emitted.

The Packers are looking at new guards on the offensive line and will want to evaluate their run blocking. For the Chargers they will probably want to evaluate their new defensive draft picks in a variety of circumstances and the Packers will likely be balanced to slightly more running.

I do not know Marty's substitution patterns.

First game in pads at full speed is always exciting and greatly anticipated.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first pre season game is usually not a very good game. But it is probably looked forward to with about as much anticipation as any game. That's when it seems football is finally starting again. :towel:

OP
OP
C

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love preseason football because it gives me a chance to see all the players. I'm excited by it. You're right, the caliber of early preseason games isn't very good, but you can learn a lot about your team and the coaching staff from early games.

The thing I am most looking for is their team attitude? Will they play aggressively? Do the young guys have good instincts? Can that young receiver catch the ball, can they finally fix their special team problems? It's going to be fun.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
I love preseason football because it gives me a chance to see all the players. I'm excited by it. You're right, the caliber of early preseason games isn't very good, but you can learn a lot about your team and the coaching staff from early games.

The thing I am most looking for is their team attitude? Will they play aggressively? Do the young guys have good instincts? Can that young receiver catch the ball, can they finally fix their special team problems? It's going to be fun.

My biggest question is: Can Sander punt the freaking football this year? Man our punting has left something to be desired ever since Hentrich bolted out of GB for Tennessee. That can change the whole outlook of the football game.

Members online

Latest posts