Preseason Games

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
I wonder how the Packers and their opponents will play each other during the preseason. I think they will have to balance their intensity of play with the short amount of practice they've had. Maybe Pro Bowl vanilla-like play for the vets and lights out for the rookies. What do you think?

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think we are going to see a fairly similar format to years past as far as playing time goes. First game a few series from the number 1 guys, nothing flashy just bread and butter stuff to make sure timing is right then the rest of the game swap in 2nd and 3rd stringers . 2nd game a little more of the number 1s more than a quarter but probably not the whole half. 3rd game Starters will probably see a half and a series or something. 4th game revert to game 1

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1st and 2nd games starters play a quarter or 2 series I guess whichever comes first, 3rd game a whole half and 4th game is completely backups vying for a chance at the lineup

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this season will be different because of the lockout. I think we'll see starters play a bit more than usual, just to make sure the team is ready to go..

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this season will be different because of the lockout. I think we'll see starters play a bit more than usual, just to make sure the team is ready to go..

Actually i think it will be the opposite of that they know what they have in a lot of the starters its the new guys that are relatively unknown

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see that point as well, but when you factor in a lot of new faces that will be playing with the 1's, I think they'll get a lot more work.

OP
OP
Fazeman

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score

If they get more play, the first thing I'm thinking is at what tempo...Hard launch out of the box or restricter plate pace?

Actually i think it will be the opposite of that they know what they have in a lot of the starters its the new guys that are relatively unknown

Yeah, starters and coaching staff. With only one padded practice per day, Mike and company will be running open throttle.

Members online

Latest posts