Preseason Game 4 Winners and Losers

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Winners:

1. Ruvell Martin--Made some nice catches and competently fielded a punt. Not only did he sew up a roster spot, he may have earned himself the #4 receiver spot.

2. Brady Poppinga--Competent but unspectacular, just like Ben Taylor. All things being equal, I think the coaching staff should and will start Poppinga because he has much more upside. If he doesn't start in week one, he should be starting within a few weeks.

3. Dave Tollefson--Was very active, and got a good pass rush on several plays. He made a case for a roster spot.

4. Noah Herron--Once again outshone Davenport and Gado, but it was against second and third string players, so it may not be enough.

5. Roy Manning--Was very active. Probably secured himself a roster spot. Before this game, he had had a very quiet preseason.

Losers:

1. Cory Rodgers--Dropped a punt, then jumped out of the way of the next one (which should've been fair caught) like it was a big scary spider or something. Bye-bye.

2. Samkon Gado--Does not look like the same player he was late last season. Maybe he's just not getting the hang of this zone blocking scheme. For the first time this preseason, I'm wondering if he might not make the roster.

3. Ahmad Carroll--Got toasted by a tight end in the second half. Did not look very good in coverage overall. People have said all along that his speed and long arms and leaping ability would make up for his shortness, but the only thing that makes up for shortness is ball skills, which he doesn't have. But he will probably make the roster by default.

4. Jason Horton--Remains inconsistent, but should also make the roster by default. Thompson needs to draft a CB or two in the higher rounds of the 2007 draft.

Favreforever721

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about Greg Jennings for the winners?

He most likely will start in week 1, and what about that catch and run! I love watching him play!

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favreforever721 said:

He most likely will start in week 1, and what about that catch and run! I love watching him play!

I could've put him on there, but he had nothing more to prove in this game. I read that he was awarded the starting job on Wednesday. Obviously he deserves it.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Winner. Big Brother / Big Sister who brought my roomates daughter to the game. She was excited beyond belief. She had a great time and big thanks to Big Brother Big Sister!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Winner. Big Brother / Big Sister who brought my roomates daughter to the game. She was excited beyond belief. She had a great time and big thanks to Big Brother Big Sister!!

Thats cool Zero! Must have been a GREAT time! :D

Now, i think Gado has a chance to stay. He's cheap, and i still think he has a chance IF he can get this blocking scheme down. Hopefully QUICK.
I think you made some great points Greg! :D

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favreforever721 said:

Jennings started on Friday. I also read he was told he'd be the starter by McCarthy a couple of days ago.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Winners - Packers, for not having any serious injuries!

Losers - The kids who got cut, Colledge, and Pyle.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Winners- fans cause the preseason is finally over and now it's go time.
Losers-Packer fans cause the games start counting now and we might not be ready yet