Preseason Game 2. Packers VS. Niners

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What are you looking for from the Pack in the second game of the preseason? I think im going to be interested to see if Arod can repeat and have another solid preformance..As well as the back up quarterback situation.

ag

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big big thing to look at. can we stop the run up the middle. we were awful last game. second is, how well the ol can open up hole for running game. hopefully the injuries caused those huge holes in our dl. running game is essential to keep defenses from pinning back their ears and killing aaron. we are first a passing team but will need to run to keep teams off balance.

OP
OP
A

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ag said:
big big thing to look at. can we stop the run up the middle. we were awful last game. second is, how well the ol can open up hole for running game. hopefully the injuries caused those huge holes in our dl. running game is essential to keep defenses from pinning back their ears and killing aaron. we are first a passing team but will need to run to keep teams off balance.
Well..You would think things would get a lot easier for us to run the ball when Grant is back from his injury.

TheEngineer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although it's rather inconsequential, doesn't anyone else find it interesting how the careers of Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith has shaped up?

I wonder how Rodgers would have fared in San Fran all these years, or how Smith would have, on the Packers...

OP
OP
A

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is an interesting articale on packers.com about this weekends game being a homecoming for Arod, as well as MM going back to where he was the OC. McCarthy was the OC in San Fran when they passed up Arod in the draft. I read the articale..And McCarthy had nothing but good things to say about Rodgers when he worked out for them. I think overall..even through everything thats happened..it seems like Rodgers is happy to be a Green Bay Packer. Or at any rate he doesnt seem to have any negativity or bitterness about him...from what has happened sense he was drafted, and now this year with Favre. Really a class guy. I'm glad we have him.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't forget James Jones... drafted out of my current stomping grounds... San Jose State.

I expect another hatless TD from him.

starr15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i do believe that it will turn ot as last week because i do think their supposed to sub brohm in starting in the 2nd quarter so the pack mightr win and might liose and depending the qbs and the d-line its pending who will be victorious in week 2 of the preseason!

packedhouse

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rogers looks horrible. If this is the qb we're going to have, Thompson better start looking now. He looks like he's never seen this offense. Lee dropped a ball that has to be caught preseason or not. Bush still can't cover anyone.

DEPackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our offensive line is playing terrible! Rodgers is playing fine it's just that he doesn't have any time. It doesn't matter who is back there, if you can't block anybody.

packedhouse

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DEPackfan said:
Our offensive line is playing terrible! Rodgers is playing fine it's just that he doesn't have any time. It doesn't matter who is back there, if you can't block anybody.

What the announcers are saying is true, he has to get the ball out of their quicker and he can't be afraid to throw it away. You're right about the line, but he's playing lousy

Brett4Ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey, i got an idea. Lets trade the guy who can go 5/6 with 48 yards (8 yard ave.) and a TD and who looks crisp, cool calm and collected and replace him with the guy who can go 9/16 (which doesnt sound bad) for 58 yards (3.6 yard ave(ouch!)) for no TD, nearly threw two picks, and is indecisive, harried and lacking mental toughness.
i tell you that sounds like a great idea, rabble rabble rabble rabble....

This could be a long season for the Pack, on the bright side, the Jets look like they are putting out a good first team. so theres good news. Gonna be a long season for Favre haters with nothing to do but watch what could be one dismal performance after another for Rogers.

This is the beginning of the end for Thompson-good riddance, turned a 4-12 team into a 13-3 team- on Favre's arm!!!

TheEngineer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett4Ever said:
This is the beginning of the end for Thompson-good riddance, turned a 4-12 team into a 13-3 team- on Favre's arm!!!

It's nice to see Brett Favre finally getting the recognition he deserves for hiring Mike McCarthy, trading for Ryan Grant, picking up Charles Woodson in FA, as well as drafting Greg Jennings, James Jones and Jordy Nelson. I can't imagine where Favre would get the time to do this, seeing as he also had to QB the Packers. I mean, sure, it was a little bit disheartening after he did all that and even early in the season Brett doubted his own GM abilities saying not to crown the team as one of the best, but he came around eventually to say that the team he put together was one of the finest he'd ever been on.

Wait, Brett didn't do that, did he. He's part of the team, just like Ryan Grant, just like Donald Driver, just like Aaron Rodgers. They came through together to put a 14-4 season in the bag. How long are you TT haters going to ignore the fact that Favre isn't the be all and end all of the Packers?

And before you attack me, since it seems like the first reaction any TT hater has is to call anyone with a differing viewpoint a TT firster, let me say that I disagree with what TT's done in this fiasco, and would have liked to see Brett back in some form. I want to see him do well on the Jets. But I ALSO want to see the Packers do well, (since Brett doing well and the Packers doing well are not mutually exclusive), which I can't say the same for some of you Packer 'fans'.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lets look at it this way, you cant judge a player by a few games. if we go 0-4 when the season starts then you know we have a problem on our hands.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers had a higher completion percentage than O'Sullivan and didn't turn the ball over--not to mention Donald Driver and Donald Lee dropped an easy 30-yarder and TD pass respectively. I don't see how that translates into terrible play.

If anybody deserves flack, it's Jarrett Bush.

Namesac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Danreb said:
Aaron Rodgers had a higher completion percentage than O'Sullivan and didn't turn the ball over--not to mention Donald Driver and Donald Lee dropped an easy 30-yarder and TD pass respectively. I don't see how that translates into terrible play.

If you're gonna say he "almost" threw a touchdown pass, then you have to say he "almost" threw an interception that was reversed upon replay. Plus, there were many other "almost" pick oppurtunities for the 49ers.

And the O-line shouldn't be an excuse. Favre sat behind it last year and Rodgers must do the same. AD did not look like a starting quarterback.

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Pack fans need to stop freaking out when Rodgers has a bad game. The fact is that in the first third or the season, he will have more bad games than good. It is all a part of moving into the starting role, added to the fact that the team chemistry is a little screwed up right now thanks to Fav-re and TT's pissing contest. If the team (and the fans) stick with him through some of the first trials and tribulations, he will shape into a decent QB.

IMHO, even if Fav-re was under center you would be seeing some of the same issues. The Packers OL looked like donkey poop in both of the first games. It wouldn't have been any better with Fav-re. Rodgers doesn't throw that ball away as much as Fav-re does, which is why he will get sacked more often than Fav-re did. But I suspect he will also have less INTs as a result of throwing the ball away. Turnovers hurt worse than sacks. Remember the last throw Fav-re made as a Packer?

Key points to watch for in the third game:
* Better Pass Protection, including gap control
* Rodgers getting the ball out quicker
* WRs catching the ball

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_wrong_deal said:
Is this a Packer site, or did I miss something.

If you don't like the site so much, why keep coming back? You are one of the most negative people I have seen, and the only thing you seem to like doing is badmouthing the site or some of its members.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Namesac said:
Danreb said:

If you're gonna say he "almost" threw a touchdown pass, then you have to say he "almost" threw an interception that was reversed upon replay. Plus, there were many other "almost" pick oppurtunities for the 49ers.

And the O-line shouldn't be an excuse. Favre sat behind it last year and Rodgers must do the same. AD did not look like a starting quarterback.

Where in my post did I mention the word "almost" or the offensive line?

Your argument is full of childish qualms that prove you never even watched one play in the game. Aaron Rodgers had a higher completion percentage than O'Sullivan and didn't throw any interceptions, therefore he didn't look like a starting quarterback. Yeah, that makes perfect sense.

Anybody can complete a pass against Jarrett Bush.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair said:
lets look at it this way, you cant judge a player by a few games. if we go 0-4 when the season starts then you know we have a problem on our hands.
i do agree with this .... i want the packers to do well ... i am really upset with packers managment however ... i do under stand that brett cant play for ever ,, but i dont see one good reason why he wasnt allowed to finish his last years here ... some people say ,, but we would have lost Rodgers ... i say Rodgers should count his lucky stars he even got drafted when he did ... so im at the point were i just wanna see some games ... i hope we can get some wins here ...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts