Predictions

ChiliMaddensChili

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre will come back on the 28th. We welcome him back with open arms. In week 2, first quarter, Favre is badly injured causing him to sit out the rest of the year (Madden curse). Rodgers steps in leads the Pack to the playoffs but loses in his first blizzard game.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre will come back on the 28th. We welcome him back with open arms. In week 2, first quarter, Favre is badly injured causing him to sit out the rest of the year (Madden curse). Rodgers steps in leads the Pack to the playoffs but loses in his first blizzard game.

Actually, Rodgers will step up for two games get hurt. Brohm will come in and get us into the playoffs (at the very least). :lol:

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who knows what will happen.

But... I am sure a season ending off season injury to Tom Brady would be the best scenario for Brett. He gets to play with Moss who has he been crying about for too long now, and he gets a serious shot to win another Superbowl.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

But... I am sure a season ending off season injury to Tom Brady would be the best scenario for Brett. He gets to play with Moss who has he been crying about for too long now, and he gets a serious shot to win another Superbowl.

My gosh, that's a scary thought. Favre with that OL, with Belichick as Coach, one of the best Coaches I've ever watched, AND Randy Moss and Wes Welker to throw to. You might see Favre win his 4th MVP.

I'd root for Favre big time unless of course they're playing us.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

My gosh, that's a scary thought. Favre with that OL, with Belichick as Coach, one of the best Coaches I've ever watched, AND Randy Moss and Wes Welker to throw to. You might see Favre win his 4th MVP.

I'd root for Favre big time unless of course they're playing us.

It would also knock Tom Brady down five notches for his over rated accomplishments.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
longtimefan said:
cheesey said:
I have NO idea. Alot depends on if Favre is serious, or just playing games. Who really knows........except him.

Alan it is ALL very serious...
I take it this is from the all knowing all seeing David?
I'm not picking on you LT.........it just seems every time something happens, Favre's pilot seems to think he knows everything thats going on in Brett's mind. And as i remember, it's not always accurate. Like with the retirement thing, and the day we were supposed to hear the big breaking news. I have friends, and if i was famous i bet they would all think THEY knew what i was gonna do. Sometimes they would be right, sometimes not.

Oh....and if it IS serious, why is Favre himself constantly denying it?

As you say what is going through Bretts mind, yes then he is giving his OPINION....and it can be wrong

but when it comes out as specific things ( texting people) and actual events that are said, and then days later hear same thing in the media, ther eis no denying that he does know for a FACT
Did Brett text you? (I'm really asking.....not being a smart you know what)

If it's David letting these "facts" out, i don't understand that. I mean, if you are a famous person, and someone you consider a friend goes blabbing to everyone personal messages you send to them........if it were me, that would be the end of the personal messaging and trust.
But some seem to like being on the "inside", and use stuff like that to show just how much on the inside they are. If i were Brett, that would show me a few things. Of course who knows.........maybe Brett told people to leak this stuff out.
I just don't know who or what to believe about all this anymore.

Stroz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse said:
This is what I hope:

Favre commits for two years, they trade Rodgers away for Jason Taylor and Brohm will be ready in two years to take over.

I second that!

That would be sweeeeeet! This is preditions. I predict that too.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
cheesey said:
longtimefan said:
cheesey said:
I have NO idea. Alot depends on if Favre is serious, or just playing games. Who really knows........except him.

I'm not picking on you LT.........it just seems every time something happens, Favre's pilot seems to think he knows everything thats going on in Brett's mind. And as i remember, it's not always accurate. Like with the retirement thing, and the day we were supposed to hear the big breaking news. I have friends, and if i was famous i bet they would all think THEY knew what i was gonna do. Sometimes they would be right, sometimes not.

As you say what is going through Bretts mind, yes then he is giving his OPINION....and it can be wrong

but when it comes out as specific things ( texting people) and actual events that are said, and then days later hear same thing in the media, ther eis no denying that he does know for a FACT

If it's David letting these "facts" out, i don't understand that. I mean, if you are a famous person, and someone you consider a friend goes blabbing to everyone personal messages you send to them........if it were me, that would be the end of the personal messaging and trust.
But some seem to like being on the "inside", and use stuff like that to show just how much on the inside they are. If i were Brett, that would show me a few things. Of course who knows.........maybe Brett told people to leak this stuff out.

of course he didnt 8)

I just know I have 100% faith in what Davids says..And that isn't becuase I am star struck or impressed..

Events have happened where I can and do trust what he says.

so if he says Ted wont take Brett back I believe it

OP
OP
W

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
longtimefan said:
cheesey said:
longtimefan said:
cheesey said:

of course he didnt 8)

I just know I have 100% faith in what Davids says..And that isn't becuase I am star struck or impressed..

If this guy knows this than he knows this from Brett or Brett's conversations with TT while he was in ear shot. If he knows this it means Brett knows this so what are we having any conversation about?

Because you know this guy had no conversations with TT so....

It means Brett HAS ALREADY BEEN TOLD by TT he doesn't want him back. I hardly believe that to be the case as we sit here today, however, it would be the only way this could actually be FACT. Did we not here that TT has yet to return his phone calls?

I have to say I highly doubt this guy KNOWS as much as he has an opinion of where TT may stand. We all have one of those.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
cheesey said:
longtimefan said:
cheesey said:
longtimefan said:
cheesey said:

of course he didnt 8)

If this guy knows this than he knows this from Brett or Brett's conversations with TT while he was in ear shot. If he knows this it means Brett knows this so what are we having any conversation about?

Because you know this guy had no conversations with TT so....

It means Brett HAS ALREADY BEEN TOLD by TT he doesn't want him back. I hardly believe that to be the case as we sit here today, however, it would be the only way this could actually be FACT. Did we not here that TT has yet to return his phone calls?

I have to say I highly doubt this guy KNOWS as much as he has an opinion of where TT may stand. We all have one of those.

Yup David is just a "guy"

he really only has an opinion

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is done in Green Bay, period. There is no good way to have him come back at this point in time.

Green Bay will NOT release his rights.

50/50 on a trade to a team outside of the division.

This makes no sense to me. If Brett wants to play, then as I understand it, GB has 3 options:

1. Reinstate him to his $12M / year contract and he plays for GB.
2. Reinstate him ot his $12M / year contract and GB trades him.
3. Release him.
Are there other options?

Some questions:
Who (other than GB) has $12M of cap space at this point?
If GB is shopping Favre, that tells me they dont want him. Wouldnt a team just sit back and wait for GB to release him instead of trading for him? That way the new team can sign Brett to a new, cap friendlier contract.

Saying the unthinkable that GB will NOT release him is not entirely true. They may have to.

OP
OP
W

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he gets traded, which teams would be able to afford his $12.5 million salary? Anyone have salary cap info for all the teams?

I think we are forgetting here that Brett does not HAVE to be paid $12. 5 million or does he? Can he not opt to play for less? I doubt at this point it's $12.5 or nothing for him and that the money is actually one of the lesser important factors for him.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
IronMan said:
If he gets traded, which teams would be able to afford his $12.5 million salary? Anyone have salary cap info for all the teams?

I think we are forgetting here that Brett does not HAVE to be paid $12. 5 million or does he? Can he not opt to play for less? I doubt at this point it's $12.5 or nothing for him and that the money is actually one of the lesser important factors for him.

I don't think he would have to be paid that, he can re-work his contract with the team he is traded to..

Maybe his contract states if traded he has to be paid that..But good points from both of you.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted Thompson calls a press conference for 1100 tomorrow. Here's the timeline:

1100: "Thank you all for coming. As we all know..."

1102: "...so it is in the best interest of the team that Brett be given his outright release and is now a free agent..."

{shitstorm ensues}

1105: {after taking a call on his cell phone} "We have just signed Brett Farve to a one-year, $10M contract, saving the team over $2M in cap space..."

1107: "...now can you all please get off my back about never signing big-name free agents? Hey Minnesota, how's your offseason look now? Jared who?"

That's what I'd like to see, I think. ;)

Brett will be our starting QB in 2008. I just don't see it unfolding any other way, unless Brett changes his mind again and states publicly that he doesn't want to play this year.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dd80forever said:
de_real_deal said:
Zombieslayer said:
Craig Nall wins out the job as starting QB and takes us to the SB.

you're officially a Nall-firster

LOL, Good one man.

Not really. Just shows you guys have no clue when people use the term Favre-firster. Live in your ignorance. It entertains me.

Im proud to be a Favre firster. I never would have started watching the packers if not for favre in 1992. He's the only piece left of that team i loved back then. Kind of like my first love. Naturally i'm going to want him to play on as long as he can. In fact, i hope he plays 5 more years. Trade A-Rod now, i dont care if Brett will stay 5 more years. Why not?? He has 2 more great years left in him and a few more decent years left like Montanas last years.

If that makes me a bad guy, so be it. Coming from you, it means nothing.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
dd80forever said:
de_real_deal said:
Zombieslayer said:

LOL, Good one man.

Not really. Just shows you guys have no clue when people use the term Favre-firster. Live in your ignorance. It entertains me.

Im proud to be a Favre firster. I never would have started watching the packers if not for favre in 1992. He's the only piece left of that team i loved back then. Kind of like my first love. Naturally i'm going to want him to play on as long as he can. In fact, i hope he plays 5 more years. Trade A-Rod now, i dont care if Brett will stay 5 more years. Why not?? He has 2 more great years left in him and a few more decent years left like Montanas last years.

I'm going to lose so much sleep over that last line.

Favre was a big reason I became a Packers fan myself. Packers being the key word there.

I just wish this situation would end so we can get rid of you people.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
dd80forever said:
de_real_deal said:
Zombieslayer said:

LOL, Good one man.

thank you for admitting it. now that we all know your a front runner, we can deal with you as such. mostly by ignoring anything you ever say.

Have you bought your Baltimore jersey yet? at the very least you should find a Baltimore Ravens forum to annoy, so that we can get on with our business.

Latest posts