Predictions

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lot's of feelings and emotions about this issue and there's no question Brett's possible return creates a dilemma.

Now it's time to put yourself in Ted Thompson's shoes and come up with the way you expect this unfolding story to turn out.

Here's my prediction.

Ted Thompson WILL accept Brett back in the fold, however, because Brett had called it quits and ARod was the MAN during spring traing Thompson will declare the competition open and makes sure Brett understands those are the terms.

I think it's the cleanest option TT has in this case.

What's he gonna do guys?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have NO idea. Alot depends on if Favre is serious, or just playing games. Who really knows........except him.

OP
OP
W

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have NO idea. Alot depends on if Favre is serious, or just playing games. Who really knows........except him.

I doubt Bus would be letting it be known he intends to withdraw the paperwork if this wasn't real. C'mon Cheese. Come up with what you think. Maybe it's "Ted won't have to do anything because Brett will change his mind and not withdraw his retirement status after all."

There's a lot of ways this thing could go.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Agreed, an open competition makes the most sense overall. There is no doubt that Rodgers might feel like he has lost all the way around on this one, being forced to earn the job after having it handed to him, but for the Packers, it seems like the least to lose option out there.

If I was Thompson, I would have been in MS last night and on Brett's doorstep this morning with a cup of joe in hand. Talk to him as a man, find out from him, not others than might have personal motives in play; what Brett truly wants to do. Does he want to play ball again or not.

Dependant on that answer, I establish a clear and conceice mandate that you have to be clear on your decisions here on out, you avoid talking to the media about your intentions, and we start to work out a plan that accomplishes a happy medium for all.

But no matter what, this friggin game has to stop, too many resources are wasted with this type of crap. You can't stop the media from printing their BS... but no one from the Favre camp needs to give them any ammo. Especially his agent, or if he keeps yapping.. possible former agent.

Enough is enough already.. or maybe just maybe, I would just pull the trigger on the release and pray my vision of what Rodgers can do for this team is correct. Let him choose on his own accord without the Packers attached so to speak, then I would go out, get a pair of sound ear muffs, a staff of guards and start ordering all my food in.. :lol:

TheEngineer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre will come back. However, he'll shock everyone by lining up as a WR in the Packers massive 7 WR set.

(Now where's that damn picture of Favre as a WR...)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well....being as you asked........i think Favre will open a chain of "Waffle House" restaurants.

Ted Thompson will be get death threats, and end up in Afganistan hiding in a cave.

Bonita Favre will get her own "talk show", replacing Jerry Springer as host.

Bus Cook will team up with Drew Rosehhaus, and combine to make the most hated agent one/two punch.

Mike McCarthy will quit in disgust as the Packers coach, and start selling 8x10 photos of his hot daughter. Trom already has his order in.......for 500 copies.

Aaron Rodgers will play one game for the Packers, and retire, saying "I've given all i have to the Packers.......I can't do it anymore".

BlueMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have two predictions.

1. TT will trade Brett to a team outside the NFC North.
2. We will look back on said trade 5 years from now as a wise decision for all involved.

Oh...a third prediction.

3. The issue of Favre's retirement will be in the headlines this time next year too.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is reinstated.

Packers tell Favre to give them a list of teams not in the NFC North that he'd like too play for. Favre does just that.

Cook and Favre calls those teams along with the Packers. The parties work out a trade agreement to send Favre to one of those teams.

I think this for two reasons

1. Favre doesn't want to play for the Packers because

A) He won't compete for the starting job.

B) He doesn't feel wanted.

2. Packers have moved on with Aaron Rodgers

EDIT:

This is what I think will happen. Not what I would do.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

Alan it is ALL very serious...
I take it this is from the all knowing all seeing David?
I'm not picking on you LT.........it just seems every time something happens, Favre's pilot seems to think he knows everything thats going on in Brett's mind. And as i remember, it's not always accurate. Like with the retirement thing, and the day we were supposed to hear the big breaking news. I have friends, and if i was famous i bet they would all think THEY knew what i was gonna do. Sometimes they would be right, sometimes not.

Oh....and if it IS serious, why is Favre himself constantly denying it?

McMVP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre's got TT by the balls.

I don't think he should've had the whole retirement charade so soon after the season. He said things that people will remember and question...sort of makes him look foolish.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is done in Green Bay, period. There is no good way to have him come back at this point in time.

Green Bay will NOT release his rights.

50/50 on a trade to a team outside of the division.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Favre is reinstated.

Packers tell Favre to give them a list of teams not in the NFC North that he'd like too play for. Favre does just that.

Cook and Favre calls those teams along with the Packers. The parties work out a trade agreement to send Favre to one of those teams.

EDIT:

That is the wild card in this whole thing.. and if you are correct, then I agree the chips will be in play to trade him out of Green Bay, and my respect for Favre will have fallen.. If that is the primary reason he wants out of GB at that point.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre will come back. However, he'll shock everyone by lining up as a WR in the Packers massive 7 WR set.

IN THE YEAR 2000!!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

but seriously... TT brings Favre in lays out the options... Trade or Earn the spot back. Brett decides neither is in his best interest, and doesnt have the desire to do either. So he makes a public statement saying that it was all just an itch that started a rumor that grew legs and that he intends on staying retired.

OP
OP
W

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is reinstated.

EDIT:

I think he does want to play for the Packers Pork. He KNOWS how good they are and he definately wants to win if he's going to play.

Unfortunately, I think your right about the Packers not wanting this to happen but not because of any personal Favre stuff or a bad relationship with TT. His retiring WAS, IS, and it looks like now WILL BE inevitable.

You PREPARE for the inevitable and you PUMP UP what you NOW HAVE and not what WAS and begin to install as much confidence in where you are NOW GOING as you possibly can.

And then it all changes and people say "why do they want Favre out?"

It's not a personal vendetta against Favre. It's preparation for the inevitable.

packedhouse

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is what I hope:

Favre commits for two years, they trade Rodgers away for Jason Taylor and Brohm will be ready in two years to take over.

pigeo000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Favre wants to come back and TT says no or Favre doesn't start the fans will run TT out of town

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
cheesey said:

Alan it is ALL very serious...
I take it this is from the all knowing all seeing David?
I'm not picking on you LT.........it just seems every time something happens, Favre's pilot seems to think he knows everything thats going on in Brett's mind. And as i remember, it's not always accurate. Like with the retirement thing, and the day we were supposed to hear the big breaking news. I have friends, and if i was famous i bet they would all think THEY knew what i was gonna do. Sometimes they would be right, sometimes not.

Oh....and if it IS serious, why is Favre himself constantly denying it?

As you say what is going through Bretts mind, yes then he is giving his OPINION....and it can be wrong

but when it comes out as specific things ( texting people) and actual events that are said, and then days later hear same thing in the media, ther eis no denying that he does know for a FACT

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK. I am TT (not really, but let's just pretend).

This is what I do...

I welcome Favre out of retirement. Shake his hand in front of all the media cameras.

In front of the media cameras, I tell Brett Favre that I sincerely think he's the best QB who ever played the game. No, not just an HoF'er, but the BEST EVER. But then, I tell Brett Favre that since he has come out of retirement, he's going to have to fight Aaron Rodgers for the #1 spot, because since I am GM, I have to do what is best for the team, not what is best for me. And of course, MM is the ultimate judge who is #1, not me, not Favre, not the fans, not Rodgers, it's the Coach.

OP
OP
W

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK. I am TT (not really, but let's just pretend).

This is what I do...

I welcome Favre out of retirement. Shake his hand in front of all the media cameras.

In front of the media cameras, I tell Brett Favre that I sincerely think he's the best QB who ever played the game. No, not just an HoF'er, but the BEST EVER. But then, I tell Brett Favre that since he has come out of retirement, he's going to have to fight Aaron Rodgers for the #1 spot, because since I am GM, I have to do what is best for the team, not what is best for me. And of course, MM is the ultimate judge who is #1, not me, not Favre, not the fans, not Rodgers, it's the Coach.

One other angle I have not seen here on any thread, but then again I haven't read them all, is how handling all this will affect the players who would not mind seeing Brett back at all. And there are definately some of those.
I think those guys will be watching how this unfolds very anxiously as well and I am quite certain there are several players convinced it would be Brett that could take them further right now.
Not giving him the chance you speak about here will not sit well with those I mention above.

OP
OP
W

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will also predict HOW BRETT FAVRE WILL LET TT OFF THE HOOK.

Ready for this........drum roll please............

Brett will come out and go on record that he fully understands that he was not a part of the spring practice therefore preparations were made to go in another direction deserving consideration and he fully expects to have to compete for the starting job....

.......and THEN he will go out and wax ARods ***.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bonita Favre will get her own "talk show", replacing Jerry Springer as host.

I think Brett's going to have his own talk show, replacing Jerry Springer.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts