Predict the Score.

• Thread starter I_am_smoked_cheddar
  • Start date

Shanghai Pack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's another ugly win. The Ravens are struggling to run the ball with the third lowest YPC in the whole NFL. They're forced to stick with the run though to open up the deep ball. Flacco's much more effective throwing deep on about 30 throws a game than he is throwing it 50 times and trying to control the game with short throws. Our defense has been okay against inside runs and very good against outside runs thus far in the season. If the Jones/Hawk/Raji trio can stuff Rice in the middle, it'll allow Burnett to play back more and help Shields on the deep balls they'll throw to Torrey Smith, the Ravens only real offensive weapon at this point. If we can stop the inside runs, that alone will reduce the Ravens point potential by 10.

On the other side, the Ravens do actually have three solid corners and so I think they'll try a lot of nickel man coverage which will be responded to by the Packers with another high dosage of Eddie Lacy. I think it will be another 20+ carry day by Lacy, but this time I think he just slips over the 100 yrd mark. I do think though that our passing offense will continue to struggle to score TDs in the red zone and we'll be left with a bunch of FGs again.

Prediction: Packers 23, Ravens 14.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1st Quarter:

Rodgers 22 yard TD pass (Nelson)
Lacy 13 yard TD run

2nd Quarter:

Rodgers 30 yard TD pass (Finley)
Tucker 48 yard FG
Crosby 50 yard FG

3rd Quarter:

Crosby 33 yard FG
Flacco 66 yard TD (Smith)

4th Quarter:

Rodgers 58 yard TD pass (Nelson)
Flacco 17 yard TD pass (Smith)

Packers 34
Ravens 17

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Our defense has not been up to par with getting INT's so far this year.....I say that will change with the Ravens. Flaco has been sketchy lately and has had a bad rash of INT's. I think we will win by our run game combined with some added turnovers. Our offense will continue to march on, but the Ravens D gets after the QB very well and that will cause issues with the passing game...not to mention the weather forecast for Baltimore is 67* and rainy, not constructive passing weather.

A low scoring game that is a grinder to the end:

16 - 10 PACK WINS !!!

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Go long, their corners are playing to lose !

12theTruth

Dumervil and Suggs = TOO MUCH for the Packers O-line to handle

Ravens 28 Packers 20

Last week the Lions didn't present any elite pass rushers, the Ravens have two.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dumervil and Suggs = TOO MUCH for the Packers O-line to handle

Ravens 28 Packers 20

Last week the Lions didn't present any elite pass rushers, the Ravens have two.

Lions have Suh (this year one of the top 3 pass rushers from DT) and Willie Young who has performed like a top-15 guy rushing the passer at DE. Suh has been better than either Suggs or Dumervil to this point rushing the passer. Having said that, the pressure from the Ravens will come from the edges, not the interior. Makes it easier for Rodgers to avoid but also makes it much tougher to help. Might see more chipping from the TEs. Plus, new emphasis on running the ball will probably slow those pass rushers down.

Either way, the Ravens offense is just too anemic right now to scare me. I say 23-10

12theTruth

Dumervil, Suggs, Nghata (sp?) They have 3 big time pass rushers.
Lions have Suh (this year one of the top 3 pass rushers from DT) and Willie Young who has performed like a top-15 guy rushing the passer at DE. Suh has been better than either Suggs or Dumervil to this point rushing the passer. Having said that, the pressure from the Ravens will come from the edges, not the interior. Makes it easier for Rodgers to avoid but also makes it much tougher to help. Might see more chipping from the TEs. Plus, new emphasis on running the ball will probably slow those pass rushers down.

Either way, the Ravens offense is just too anemic right now to scare me. I say 23-10

I guess I should have been more specific. I was concerned about the Ravens and the pressure they can bring from the edges as you mentioned in your post. I don't know with a good QB in Flacco, Ray Rice, and WR Torrey Smith has 13 plays of 20+ yards. I'd say they won't be anemic against our short handed defense.

Harbaugh and Co. has won 10 straight games against NFC teams at home. I think that streak continues.

Reaction score
So difficult to win on the road. Both road losses were winnable games, as is this one. Lack of consistency in putting
up "7's" in the red zone has got to end.

Will we get our first win away from Lambeau? I think we will, but it may not be pretty.....again!

Here's hoping Mason has another good performance.......Pack 26-24.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I should have been more specific. I was concerned about the Ravens and the pressure they can bring from the edges as you mentioned in your post. I don't know with a good QB in Flacco, Ray Rice, and WR Torrey Smith has 13 plays of 20+ yards. I'd say they won't be anemic against our short handed defense.

Harbaugh and Co. has won 10 straight games against NFC teams at home. I think that streak continues.

Had we been playing the Ravens offense of two weeks ago, I might agree. However, it seems like the Ravens have been talking about getting Rice more involved and they looked like they were going to run first, second and third against the Dolphins for most of the game (rice had 27 rushing attempts against the Dolphins, previous high had been 13). If the Ravens stick to that offensive model, I'll take the Packers every time.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've had an uneasy feeling about this game all week. If Matthews was playing I could see a 16-13 defensive game with the outcome determined by a turnover, coaching gaffe or an outstanding individual effort on either side. Without Matthews, I'm afraid we're relying on too much youth on that side of the ball. I think that's something we could overcome at Lambeau, but not so much on the road. I can see one of those "sudden change" plays, similar to Franklin's fumble against the Bengals, breaking open a close game and the Ravens coming out on top 24-13.

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Packers - 27 Ravens - 24
I agree, but it takes careful aim !

Reaction score
Wow I was off by one point!!! (and got the OT part wrong) But good enough!

One more TD by each team and I would have hit my prediction right on the head......26-24. That's assuming both PAT's would have been made and you never know anymore;) I said we may need another good performance from Mason and he hit on 4 of 5 today. Good thing.

Another ugly road win, but it's never easy. Just glad we came out of there with a W.

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

I say, this is how you beat them Browns !
Packers - 34
Browns - 17

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

This week the Packers ground game shows it's steady improvement. Again, Lacey shows why he is our #1 running back by gaining another 100+ yds. Aaron Rodgers has a 300 + yd day as all WRs, Backs, and TEs share in the bounty. The Defence rallies to the call and allow only 17 pts. 2 interceptions highlight good cornerback and safety play. Crosby performs well as special teams rebound with better play. Some of the play calling will cause many to scratch their heads, but #12's savvy and quick thinking saves the day !

Packers - 34
Browns - 17

:cool:

H

HardRightEdge

I'd say somewhere between Pack 27 - Browns 17 and Browns 20 - Pack 17, leaning toward the former of course.

If I were a betting man, which I'm not, I'd take the Browns and the 10 points. Weeden should show some aspects of a relief rally just getting out of town.

Reaction score
Let's don't let the fans in the end zones get lonely this Sunday......MORE Lambeau leaps, please, including a pick 6 or

two. The D should be able to hold the Browns to under 15 pts and I think our improved run game is going to be the

difference in setting up the passing game, despite our lacking some key receivers for this game. Lacy breaking off

some nice chunks of yards, some short 10 -12 yard passes in the flats, some screens, Finley over the middle and Jordy on

the bombs. We should be able to dominate the clock with long scoring drives I would think.

Hope it's not ugly........30-13 Pack

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts