Predict the Score.

• Thread starter I_am_smoked_cheddar
  • Start date
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

This is the thread where weekly game predictions may be posted.

Last edited by a moderator:

12theTruth

No dramatic ending I'm afraid as the Packers fall 27-16. Game is tied 10 all at halftime as the Packers D shows much improvement from last seasons playoff loss. The Packers offense struggle to finish off drives and have to settle for 3 short Mason Crosby FG's. 49ers have a decisive time of possession advantage which ultimately takes a toll on the Packers D in turn allowing the 49ers to pull away in the 4th quarter.

Might I add there is already a game thread for the Packers-9ers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vladimirr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The chip on the team's shoulder has grown to a 2x4. Just before the half, Caepernick tries one of his fancy roll-and-runs and promptly gets sandwiched between Datone Jones and Nick Perry, making him think twice about future rush attempts.

Meanwhile, the team has been hiding their secret weapon all preseason; Aaron Rodgers has actually gotten better. He leads the team to a vengeance-fueled season opener.

31-17 Packers

12theTruth

The chip on the team's shoulder has grown to a 2x4. Just before the half, Caepernick tries one of his fancy roll-and-runs and promptly gets sandwiched between Datone Jones and Nick Perry, making him think twice about future rush attempts.

Meanwhile, the team has been hiding their secret weapon all preseason; Aaron Rodgers has actually gotten better. He leads the team to a vengeance-fueled season opener.

31-17 Packers

Reasons Aaron Rodgers will be better

1. JerMichael Finley in a contract year
2. Eddie Lacy
3. Either Sherrod or Tretter come off PUP to provide better depth near mid season

Reasons Aaron Rodgers will not be better

1. Rookie Left Tackle will struggle and eventually hit his rookie wall
2. Statistically he can surpass last season but not from two years ago with his out of this world stats.
3. The offensive line is still finesse, most of the same moving parts and same ineffective O-line coach

Probably see more 3 steps drops then ever this season and if I'm not mistaken weren't they giving Barclay a TE help for protection quite a bit last season. So you have that plus now a rookie 4th rounder as a left tackle. I can't for the life of me see how Ted thinks were fine on the offensive line.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Damn smokey, that sounded like some sort of fevered dream you had....lol

I am a big pack fan, but I am not confident we have improved enough to take out the 9ers....yet.

37 - 24 49ers win ( hope i am wrong )

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope I will see a better effort than I saw the last time. Losses are always tough but when you lose like we did the last time it is unacceptable. I'll be very disappointed if we don't play a better game.

Whiners 27 - Pack 23

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers 31
49ers 18

Lacy has a good game - popping a couple big uns early. AR is excellent. Kaep has a rough go of it and the Packers come away with 3 picks.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers 34
Whiners 24

1st Quarter:

TD Kapernick 12 yard run out of a scramble situation (shoutbox begins imploding early)
FG Crosby 44 yards
FG Dawson 40 yards

2nd Quarter

TD Rodgers 32 yard pass - Jones
TD Lacy 8 yard run

3rd Quarter

TD Gore 2 yards
FG Crosby 33 yards

4th Quarter

TD Kapernick 12 yard pass - Boldin
TD Rodgers 22 yard pass - Cobb
TD Shields 48 yard INT return

I have seen and I have spoken.;)

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All of this has about as much relevance as Mel Kiper wasting air trying to predict the draft.

I can't see but I've still spoken ;)

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have to believe that the entire NFL is giving the Packers an "L" in this game! Exactly what our Cali-QB thrives on: being underestimated!

I see Mason Crosby lining up for a game winning 52 yarder. The kick is off, it looks like it has the distance and "DOINK" it hits the upright! The football gods (being just and making up for the Jerry Rice fumble!) send a well timed gust of wind and the football dribbles over the cross bar scoring 3 for the Packers! The Packers pull out a huge miracle 30-27 win. All is well in GB for another week. :)

Barking Pumpkin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SF 34
GB 27

I most want to see a good and fair game fueled with tension throughout the entirety, of course it's gotta be unsloppy, with few penalties but solid, fair, and unobtrusive refereeing, and no injuries. I think all of us Packers fans need to coordinate and agree on a "thing" we all do whenever Crosby is about to kick a FG or PAT. I propose we all pretend we're doing the hara-kiri! And IF he misses, we all yell, "You're freakin' killing me!"
!

Last edited:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow!
So much doom and gloom and Debbie and Donald Downers!
C'mon Packers fans!
These are the Green Bay Packers!
Not the Detroit Lions or the Cleveland Browns.
These scores are ones I would expect on one of those boards!
It's a brand new season and the Packers has made changes and is a new team.
Plus, have you forgotten who we have as our Quarter Back?
THE BEST offensive player in the whole of the NFL according to multiple experts who KNOW football.

Not a big blow out (Would be nice) but a comfortable final winning score for our boys.
Packers 30
Old Timers 20

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Trust me, I would love nothing more than a victory over the 49ers, as revenge and to shut up their trolls. I just don't share the optimism that some of you have and I know some agree with me. I am more of a realist.......I know we have a better QB, but the QB does not play every position and we are outmatched. The 49ers have a damn good team and I can see that for what it is. We have a good team, but we have more holes here and there and I honestly think that they will continue to exploit those holes and pull off a win. I am not looking forward to this game......wish we opened up vs the Bears.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trust me, I would love nothing more than a victory over the 49ers, as revenge and to shut up their trolls. I just don't share the optimism that some of you have and I know some agree with me. I am more of a realist.......I know we have a better QB, but the QB does not play every position and we are outmatched. The 49ers have a damn good team and I can see that for what it is. We have a good team, but we have more holes here and there and I honestly think that they will continue to exploit those holes and pull off a win. I am not looking forward to this game......wish we opened up vs the Bears.
Fair enough.
We all have our differences of opinions and feelings on this game which is how it should be.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts