Predict the game plan

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's hear what you think the game plan will be, offensively, for the Packers.

I'm thinking we will see something like 4 and 5 wides early and often. If they run it will be out of a spread type set, no sense in lining up in an I frequently as that feeds right into their strength. New England and New Orleans both threw a lot against this team, and those were the only 2 teams they played that had a passing game that could rival Green Bay.

Do you see them running much? I just can't see it happening, spread them out and take advantage of their weakness. Yes that exposes Rodgers but he's as good as it gets against the blitz and gets the ball out quickly.

We will see some running thrown in of course, but I figure Rodgers will have at least 35 drop backs, possibly more.

brett2520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that is the only way to go is to make them either put a LB or a 3rd or 4th string DB on one of our WRs. We have to throw early to weaken their pass rush. Quick throws then get a weak CB on Jennings and let it fly. WE HAVE so get up on them early. We can get into a shootout, but a shootout when we are winning is much more favorable to us.

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Steelers game plan:
We will field 2 completely different teams. One will be super-human while the other will be completely inept.
One will appear in the first half and the other will appear in the second half.
The game will seem to be a foregone conclusion at halftime, but will come down to the wire within the last 2 minutes.

Why, you may ask? Because the object of the game isn't necessarily to win, but rather to see how high they can raise my blood pressure. :D

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Prediction????

well not sure about any game plans but.....

heres a prediction FOR THE Steelers:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJnKm6ftPu0]YouTube - Rocky 3 - Mr. T - I pity the fool[/ame]

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just curious

Why couldnt this have been put in the "official game day thread?"

http://www.packerforum.com/f8/offic...bowl-xlv-packers-vs-steelers-2-6-a-26477.html

I would say because having one "catch-all" thead releated to the game becomes a mess where 20 different discussions end up going on all at the same time. Second, because this particular topic could result in some involved discussion?

That said, Donald Lee absolutely MUST be incorporated into the game plan. Quarless and Crabtree just haven't gotten it done and the Super Bowl is no place for young guys to get experience. Quarless has dropped a potentially crucial pass in each playoff game so far. We don't need that this time.

missinghoagies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's hear what you think the game plan will be, offensively, for the Packers.

I'm thinking we will see something like 4 and 5 wides early and often. If they run it will be out of a spread type set, no sense in lining up in an I frequently as that feeds right into their strength. New England and New Orleans both threw a lot against this team, and those were the only 2 teams they played that had a passing game that could rival Green Bay.

Do you see them running much? I just can't see it happening, spread them out and take advantage of their weakness. Yes that exposes Rodgers but he's as good as it gets against the blitz and gets the ball out quickly.

We will see some running thrown in of course, but I figure Rodgers will have at least 35 drop backs, possibly more.

I am hopeful the Pack is in 5 wides for a good amount of the game maybe 35%, you can always motion someone like Lee or Quarless into the backfield for additional protections. Rogers should thrown the ball 40 plus times. Spreading them out will help to identify the blitzes. I also believe they should consider going hurry up, well not hurry up put calling plays from the line, watched the 2008 SB and the Cardinals starting having success when they went to the hurry up. defensively lots of blitz, fill every gap, take away the easy throws and hit Big Ben. Need to take care of Wallace as a deep threat, and take care of Miller with Woodson or Collins, and Ward with Woodson or Williams, in 3rd down situations...

L

Lunchboxer

If we go up on the steelers MM will go super Conservative with the play calling.

You can bet on that with a Dollar.

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Steelers game plan:
We will field 2 completely different teams. One will be super-human while the other will be completely inept.
One will appear in the first half and the other will appear in the second half.
The game will seem to be a foregone conclusion at halftime, but will come down to the wire within the last 2 minutes.

Why, you may ask? Because the object of the game isn't necessarily to win, but rather to see how high they can raise my blood pressure.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Did I call it, or did I call it? ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts