Predict the 2013 Packer's season record !

• Thread starter I_am_smoked_cheddar
  • Start date
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

I predict that the 2013 Packers will have a 13 - 3 record this season. I don't expect an undefeated season. I do see them winning the Super Bowl. I looks like all of the pieces are in place this year. :tup:

What do you think ? :cautious:

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if we have average injuries, this is a 12-4 team.
If we have more of our same bad luck, we could go as bad as 10-6.
If we enjoy great injury luck, we could go 15-1 again.
Actually, I think this team if they keep the top 10-15 guys pretty healthy (pipedream), we could go 16-0.
With Perry & Datone & Neal healthy, plus I like Mike Daniels a lot and think Johnny Jolly could provide some nice reps there, we are loaded...... my only roster questions are the ILB's with Jones & Hawk, and of course the OL position.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I predict a 12-4 record.
We will lose against the Giants (as usual :rolleyes: ), 49ers, Cowboys and the Bears (at Soldier Field) :confused:;)

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's be real about this........

HOME: Redskins, Lions, Browns, Bears, Eagles, Vikings, Falcons, Steelers.
AWAY: 49ers, Bengals, Ravens, Vikings, Giants, Lions, Cowboys, Bears.

Nearly all of our away games promise to be difficult with the exception of the Cowboys. All the rest make me uneasy. I don't expect us to lose, per se, but would be more suprised if we won against the 49ers, possibly the Bengals, and the Vikings at their last game in the Dome against us. Not to mention the Giants who always have our number. Also, don't sleep on the Bears. Ever.
So that is 2-3 losses, maybe 4.

Then you look at the home games. Skins will be difficult. I also feel that the Eagles, under Chip Kelly, will be a very "new" look, and we know that the Pack don't always play the best against new looks. I feel that they could be a pretty tough team again this year, maybe 10-6. The Falcons probably have one of the top 3 teams in the NFL and were 10 yards away from going to the Super Bowl last year, only to have a better roster this year.
That's another 3 possible losses.

That said, there are games that we maybe wouldn't be expected to win (like the Texans last year) that we pull out, and games that we shouldn't lose (like the Chiefs two years ago) that we lose.

All said, I think we are a 10-6 team this year and that we win the division.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3-13

I'm building my non-homer street cred

I wasn't going to look at the schedule before making my prediction, but did see it in peteralan's post. For me 10-6 is the minimum, 13-3 is the bar, and 16-0 is the goal.

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Playoff's is the goal. Then we can worry about winning every game. But I agree that 13-3 would be a good number to strive for. Idk about everybody else, but our 15-1 season in 2011 was almost not enjoyable for me because every week I was more stressed, needing another win. Was able to relax more after the KC game.

H

HardRightEdge

I vacillate between 10-6 and 11-5...so put me down for 10-5-1.

I expect only marginal overall performance improvement, while the schedule looks fairly tough. Other than the run game and Datone Jones, I'm seeing status quo with the other groups.

I'll go with optimism rather than excitement over the new additions until some actual football is played. Too often camp warriors turn into mediocrities (or just mistake-prone rookies) when the whistle blows. There is no substitute for game performance.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score

El Guapo: we are predicting the Packer record in this thread. Not the Vikings!

My guess is 11-5. Losses to the 49ers, Vikings, Lions, Bengals, and Giants.

I will be very pleased if the Packers pull an upset in Week 1, but part of me is ok with a loss. Keep the spotlight on the 49ers and keep the Packers humbled and hungry.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Traitors the lot of you ! I predict a 16-0 season, with a 76-0 shut out in the Superbowl with 5, 99yd T.D. passes, 3 interception returns for T.D.`s and the WHOLE squad being inducted into the Hall of Fame......and now I`ll take my meds :tup:.

I think a 12 - 4 season, making the playoffs and then hopes crushed by Giants/49ers :oops:

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm normally the eternal optimist 13-3 kitten but I have to be conservative and realistic. Therefore I think 13 Times Champs has it at 11-5. But, I still think we can win the Superbowl with that record!

The reason I say 11-5 is I still have serious concerns with the O-Line, which puts pressure on our offense whether we have an elite QB or not. A more established run game might alleviate such pressure. I'm also going to say concerns on defense and special teams. A 13-3 record is hard in this league so is 11-5 but I'm also going to say I don't think a 13-3 record is out of our reach, just 11-5 is more realistic.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
14-2. Every year, some of the "good on paper" teams fade so our schedule in hindsight next January will not have been as difficult as it looks now. OL, QB, WR, TE, will not be any worse and I expect RB and ST to be better. DBs should be a bit better and I expect much more from the non-bloodline LB's. The DL should be vastly improved. Another year in the system for the young players should be noticeable. The only major obstacle is getting outcoached in the playoffs again. Minimum NFCCG if not SB.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Well, I predict a 12-4 record.
We will lose against the Giants (as usual :rolleyes: ), 49ers, Cowboys and the Bears (at Soldier Field) :confused:;)

Not so fast! We beat the Giants in the regular season... It's just the playoffs is when they are our Kryptonite.
I say we go 11-5 and make it to the conference championship at worst.

M

mayo44

Improvement and added depth in the secondary. Improved DL. Improved running game. Cobb coming into his own. Finley looking the best he ever has with a lot of work on his blocking skills. Yeah, I'm gonna say 14 wins. 12 at worst.

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

I have said 13 - 3 , with a SB win.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Where are your predictions ?

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Improved O-line, improved running game, J-Mike will need a great year for FA, WR status quo, DL looking better if only because of Jones, OLB thin but strong at starters, ILB ?? - um serviceable, secondary is loaded and likely better than last year. I see no reason not to go 11-5 even with this brutal schedule and as Poppa San noted, a few of these teams will not be as good as they are on paper.
I can't think of any reason not to think they fall short of the SB.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
If in fact we have lost Bulaga for the season I say our record will be 12-4. 2nd seed worst case scenario

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whelp, how one day can change things. No Bulaga at LT. We'll struggle to go 10-6 and win the division.

If the Packers had a solid OL, they could absorb Bulaga's loss a little easier, but this OL is one of the shakiest there is and they just lost 1 of their 2 anchors.

The Packer's biggest weakness just got even weaker.

Unless some minor miracle happens, like Newhouse being better or Baktiari coming in as a rookie and kicking ****.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
El Guapo: we are predicting the Packer record in this thread. Not the Vikings!

My guess is 11-5. Losses to the 49ers, Vikings, Lions, Bengals, and Giants.

I will be very pleased if the Packers pull an upset in Week 1, but part of me is ok with a loss. Keep the spotlight on the 49ers and keep the Packers humbled and hungry.

I change this to 10-6 (or worse?) now that Bulaga is gone. Good DLs are going to continue to destroy our OL.

Members online

Latest posts