Predict the 2011-12 NFC Playoff Teams

VBJunkie

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AllouezPackerFan
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
You know how unlikely it is that three teams from the same division make the playoffs. Is that even possible?

Originally Posted by rawalabhay
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
It has happened before (2007 both AFC South and NFC east, 2006 NFC East)!

obviously he wasnt watching football 3 years ago...
probally busy playing guitar somewhere....

LOL
3 in 1 Division.... u heard it here 1st Beavis!

Or last year. Tampa Bay had a good chance to get into the playoffs with Atlanta and the Saints (beating out the Packers & Giants). All they had to do was run the table.. but they lost to the Detroit Lions in Week 15. With that win they would have been 11-5 instead of being 10-6 and losing on the threeway tie on Strength of Victory.

Green Bay is the No. 6 seed over the N.Y. Giants and Tampa Bay based on strength of victory (.475 to the Giants' .400 and the Buccaneers' .344).

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's hard to watch all the Falcons "love" here. You may want to see what free agency does to their O Line before picking them. The conventional wisdom is that they will lose 2 and perhaps 3 of their starters.

Turner is getting older, and showed signs of slowing down at the end of last season. Gonzo -- well, he's getting old too.

WR's take time to develop, and the lockout is not going to help Jones.

Best case scenario for them:

@ Chicago, L
Phil L
@ TB L
@ Seattle W
GB L
CAR W
@ DET L
@ IND L
NO L
TN W
MN W
@ Hou L
@CAR W
JAX W
@ NO L
TB L

6 -10. Okay, my hate for all things Atlanta showed through, but I could see them going 4-5 or even 3-6 after their first 9 games.
Lofty hate...

I don't see them winning the division, I think you guys are a better team, but IMHO Atlanta will go at least above .500, 9-7 is the worst I can see them going.

I don't see them losing to TB twice, I don't see them losing to Houston, I think they win against PHI at home, and I think they win against Indy.

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1 Saints are getting too old and I their performance in the playoffs is indicitive of things to come.

Not to argue over opinions, but what I believe to be the most recent list shows that the average age of the Saints players is less than 1/2 year greater than GB.

If you saw an older list then the average age was a little misleading since we had a few aging vets that were ancient -- John Carney (K) 40ish, perhaps Brunell (backup QB) 40ish. Add in there Sharper 35, Kyle (LS) 39, and we really shoot up the rankings.

I think the Seattle game for the Saints was somewhat like the AZ game was for GB the year before. Neither team was well rested and it took a toll. And I have to hand it to Seattle, that whole city was pumped like it was the Super Bowl and the team played like it. It was just one of those things.

We'll see though.

cupacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. GB
2. Falcons
3. Giants
4. Rams
WC 1. Bucs
WC 2. Lions

Giants and Bucs tied our regular season record, and i think it's obvious the bucs are on the upswing. As for the NFC East, the cowboys and redskins will not do anything, and I think teams will get much better at stopping Vick.

The Lions are a popular dark horse, I know, but as long as Stafford stays healthy (which is like asking Favre to not throw picks) they will be pretty good.

I think the Saints are getting too finesse and may be this year's Chargers, really good offense and qb but WAY too many turnovers.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Eagles (benefit from playing NFC west)
Rams (benefit from playing NFC west)
Packers
Bucs
Giants (benefit from playing NFC west)
Saints

North and South beat each other up and out of the playoffs. Giants benefit from that with the tie breaker. Det and Chicago on the fence.

OP
OP
packers020802

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Kolb gets traded to AZ it will almost automatically put the cards as the favorite in the NFC West.... Kolb and Fitz are both young and very talented and they could carry that team to the playoffs....
but until that trade happens I'm saying STL will make it on the back of SJAX

not much love for Dallas on here.... lol
lots of Lion love though!

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Giants
2. Falcons
3. Packers
4. Rams
5. Buccaneers
6. Eagles

rationale on not picking cardinals: Kolb is nothing special, just a guy. bad road team.
rationale on not picking saints: Brees is the man, but man that D is suspect.
rationale on not picking bears: Last years Cutler meltdown will have lingering effects.
rationale on not picking 49ers: Good D, but have yet to put it all together. bad road team.
rationale on not picking cowboys: Wasted away again in premadonnaville. lol
rationale on not picking lions: paper champions, will be tough against the run, but vs the pass? Swiss

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I am thoroughly enjoying the picks that involve the Lions getting the wild card. What a slap in the face that would be to Bears and 'queens fans. Dream scenario for sure.

gbsb11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Falcons
Packers
Cowboys
Cardinals
Saints
Eagles

Packers where it counts though!!! SB

I think the Falcons will be regular season champs for a couple years but who the F cares?

And the Lions have passed up the Vikes for sure, the NFC North cellar is a race between the vikes and bears, ill take the vikes.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers
Eagles
Saints
Cardinals
Giants
Bucs/Atlanta

There are so many variables that are up in the air right now, I feel like I am grasping at straws. The FA madness can really shake my picks up before the season starts.

I think GB has the least amount of FA worries. There are a few key guys that could be gone, but not several at each position. I also think the staff has shown the ability to develop young players better than most other NFL teams, so GB gets the top spot.

I think the Eagles are pretty solid. Their Defense is good. I understand the whole "Vick is figured out now" thing, but last year he didn't start the season as the starter. He is the the man in Philly now, and even if he is figured out, game planning for Vick always puts the defense at some sort of disadvantage. I think the Jackson holdout could affect them pretty seriously, especially depending on how the Kolb trade goes.

I'm going with the Saints because I think that with their backfield getting healthy and no real huge losses predicted in FA, I like their chances. Atlanta could be a player here, but that depends on how they fare in free agency. If they lose 3 of their starting OLinemen, they will have a rough start to the season, especially if they can't bring in anyone to fill the gaps. If Atlanta fares better then I think Atlanta could be in.

Cardinals in the West because of the Kolb trade. Other FA moves could put the Rams here but I think a decent QB in Arizona really boosts that team. Seattle is going to have some QB issues to figure out and SF can't seem to build an Offense.

I think the Giants and the Bucs take the wild cards. I think the Giants are in if they can keep FA from beating them up, because their team is pretty solid. I don't think Dallas can get in, especially with their cap woes and player cuts. I think the Bucs get in because they really gelled last year. They have some great young talent and good coaching. Most if not all of those young guys will be better this year.

The two teams I could definitely see taking a spot are Detroit and St. Louis. They are both on the cusp I think. I don't think the Vikes or Bears really have a shot. Although I could see my list change big time by the time the season starts, lol.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
If Kolb gets traded to AZ it will almost automatically put the cards as the favorite in the NFC West.... Kolb and Fitz are both young and very talented and they could carry that team to the playoffs....
but until that trade happens I'm saying STL will make it on the back of SJAX

not much love for Dallas on here.... lol
lots of Lion love though!

I'm not sure I understand the obsession with Kevin Kolb. He hasn't done ANYTHING in the NFL. Here are his career stats He's played in 18 games, 11 touchdowns, 14 Ints, QB rating of 73.2, and he's fumbled the ball 9 times. Not to mention the fact that he's changing systems. Let us also not forget that Anquan Boldin and Steve Breaston are no longer there. Making Fitz the only viable option other than, I guess Early Doucet.

There running game is average with Beanie Wells and Tim Hightower.

With the emergance of the Rams and with some of the moves that the Seahawks made in Free agency I still think the Cardinals finish third in that division. Let's not write the book on Kevin Kolb just yet.

OP
OP
packers020802

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kolb 1st start: 391 Yards TD
Kolb 2nd start: 327 2 TDs

he has comand presense

he is young

he has a young franchise WR to throw to (Fitz)

he plays in a division where 8-8 will get to to the playoffs

There is no "obsession" with Kolb..... he is just a solid starter with lots of upside

buckshotrob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1.packers
2.eagals
3.saints
4.cardinals
5.falcons
6.lions or bears

the giants in the words of eli manning play bad futbaw lol i say they go 6-10

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
remember when the Jets signed everyone and everyone here thought it was a foregone conclusion they would win the SB? then they actually played football? yeah

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Kolb 1st start: 391 Yards TD
Kolb 2nd start: 327 2 TDs

he has comand presense

he is young

he has a young franchise WR to throw to (Fitz)

he plays in a division where 8-8 will get to to the playoffs

There is no "obsession" with Kolb..... he is just a solid starter with lots of upside

He's started 7 games and has more ints than Tds.

Members online

Latest posts