Predict the 2011-12 NFC Playoff Teams

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its July so its very early but lets see who can predict the 6 NFC playoff teams ( IN ORDER) and then pull up this thread in January and see who got them right!

I'll start...

1.) GB Pack
2.) Philly Eagles
3.) Atl Falcons
4.) Stl Rams
5.) NO Saints
6.) TB Bucs

NFC South.... Very strong this year (minus CAR)
NFC West.... Very weak....again. I think Bradford will get the Rams in at 8-8.

Reaction score
1. Packers
2. Eagles
3. Faclons
4. Rams
5. Saints
6. Bucs

Lions should be pretty close to making the playoffs this year, but I still think their secondary is too weak. I almost cried when I had to put the Rams in the playoffs, but I had no choice.

Edit: Sorry to OP for basically having the same exact list (Not purposely though). I think most people will have a close list because the picture for each division is so clear this year. The NFC East has lost power and the West is the only division that is a real free for all.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Ok, I will mix it up:

1. Eagles
2. Packers
3. Falcons
4. Rams
5. Saints
6. Bucs

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
1. Packers
2. Falcons
3. Eagles
4. Rams
5. Bucs
6. Giants

I think the Giants get back in the playoffs this year and that the Bucs will be the second team in from the NFC South and not the Saints. Saints are getting too old and I their performance in the playoffs is indicitive of things to come. Packers get homefield throughout after finishing 13-3. We win the Super Bowl against the Pats. Repeat baby!

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Its July so its very early but lets see who can predict the 6 NFC playoff teams ( IN ORDER) and then pull up this thread in January and see who got them right!

I'll start...

1.) GB Pack
2.) Philly Eagles
3.) Atl Falcons
4.) Stl Rams
5.) NO Saints
6.) TB Bucs

NFC South.... Very strong this year (minus CAR)
NFC West.... Very weak....again. I think Bradford will get the Rams in at 8-8.

You know how unlikely it is that three teams from the same division make the playoffs. Is that even possible?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) Saints
2) Packers
3) Giants
4) Cardinals
5) Falcons
6) Bears

Have we ever had a dominant regular season under this management? Maybe this is the time we put together, I still think we'll be very good, but the important thing is getting strong late, not early.

I think the Saints will be the winner in the South, but the Falcons are still strong. The Bears still have one of the best D and ST, though I think it'll be close to impossible for them to not have many injuries. I know I've said in the past that they'll be hard pressed to get above .500, but I think they enter the last spo with a 9-7 or 10-6, because the Lions aren't still that great on the backfield, and the bucs will face a much thougher schedule, even though they'll get better, much like the Dolphins last year.

The Giants, I think they have the better overall team than the Eagles, and I think the Eagles trade Kolb, and I don't think Vick will be as effective now that he's figured out, and I don't think he'll stay healthy.

As for the Cardinals, I think they'll be the ones trading for Kolb, and I believe that they have the best team overall in the East.

Of course, almost nothing will come true...

OP
OP
packers020802

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know how unlikely it is that three teams from the same division make the playoffs. Is that even possible?

atl 11-5
no 11-5 (lose tie breaker to atl)
TB 10-6

who else is gonna get the wildcard?!?!
the cowboys?! HA
the Giants?!?! name 1 threat on the Giants!?!? Eli?!? haha
redskins?
maybe the panthers?
or.... cards?

the only other team I can see making the wildcard is da bears..... 'bearly'........

OP
OP
packers020802

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It has happened before (2007 both AFC South and NFC east, 2006 NFC East)!

obviously he wasnt watching football 3 years ago...
probally busy playing guitar somewhere....

LOL
3 in 1 Division.... u heard it here 1st Beavis!

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Division Winners
Packers
Falcons
Eagles
Rams
Wildcard
Lions
Insert (Saints Bucs Giants) whomever can step up and snag a game or two from the division leaders throughout the year

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sam Bradford. He broke multiple records this last season. Most were Peyton Mannings records. They are going to be tough this year.

Peyton went 3-13, and threw 28 INTs his rookie year. Not exactly the rookie campaign you want to emulate.

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's hard to watch all the Falcons "love" here. You may want to see what free agency does to their O Line before picking them. The conventional wisdom is that they will lose 2 and perhaps 3 of their starters.

Turner is getting older, and showed signs of slowing down at the end of last season. Gonzo -- well, he's getting old too.

WR's take time to develop, and the lockout is not going to help Jones.

Best case scenario for them:

@ Chicago, L
Phil L
@ TB L
@ Seattle W
GB L
CAR W
@ DET L
@ IND L
NO L
TN W
MN W
@ Hou L
@CAR W
JAX W
@ NO L
TB L

6 -10. Okay, my hate for all things Atlanta showed through, but I could see them going 4-5 or even 3-6 after their first 9 games.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
It's hard to watch all the Falcons "love" here. You may want to see what free agency does to their O Line before picking them. The conventional wisdom is that they will lose 2 and perhaps 3 of their starters.

Turner is getting older, and showed signs of slowing down at the end of last season. Gonzo -- well, he's getting old too.

WR's take time to develop, and the lockout is not going to help Jones.

Best case scenario for them:

@ Chicago, L
Phil L
@ TB L
@ Seattle W
GB L
CAR W
@ DET L
@ IND L
NO L
TN W
MN W
@ Hou L
@CAR W
JAX W
@ NO L
TB L

6 -10. Okay, my hate for all things Atlanta showed through, but I could see them going 4-5 or even 3-6 after their first 9 games.

To me....6-10 is a stretch. No way they lose to the Saints twice, at Detroit, or at Houston. Very hard to believe they will go 2-4 in their division. The Falcons are a decent team.

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, 6-10 is my hommeristic dream. I do, however, take issue with statements that there is "no way" Atlanta loses twice to NO, or to Houston or to Detroit. You never know.

Members online

Latest posts