1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Prayers and thanks

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by bozz_2006, Sep 6, 2012.

1. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +627 / 6 / -0
    This isn't Packers related, but I hope that you'll forgive me for posting it here.

If you would pray for me and my family, I would be so grateful. We have a long hard road ahead...

On August 10 I discovered some letters in my wife's drawer as I was putting away laundry. They were sexually suggestive in nature, written to her by one of her female co-workers. I confronted her about it and the story started coming out. She'd been cheating on me with this woman. I asked if this was a mistake. I wanted to get help and try to repair the relationship. She declined. She has since moved out of our home and I've been served with divorce papers. She is now living with this girlfriend in an apartment that my wife has leased.

She has told me she was unhappy, that she'd been unhappy for a while. I know that she has been unhappy. She suffers from depression and anxiety that has been untreated for about 8 years. I have talked to her about seeking treatment, but she insisted she did not need it. I know that she had thought that once she was married, settled with a house and a job, and with kids, that would make her happy. She had all these things, but I think over the last year or so, she's been denying to herself that she was still unhappy. I believe that, unable to face the truth, that she is unhappy with herself, it was easier for her to believe that she was unhappy with me.

She has had a history of distorted thinking, not seeing reality as it truly is, and when the realization that the "reality" she has been living is not true, she engages in self-destructive behavior. She implodes the situation and starts over, convinced that whatever new thing she places her hopes into will be the thing that makes her happy. I thought that she had come a long way from those days, but clearly she has not. That breaks my heart So now, she believes it is this other woman that will make her happy.

She is contending custody of our two young kids, and is seeking primary residential custody. Because I believe her actions were under-taken from a mentally unhealthy place, I don't believe she is capable of properly caring for herself right now, let alone being primarily responsible for two young kids. So I will be fighting her for custody in the days/months ahead.

This has all been like an episode of the Twilight Zone, but I am doing what I need to do for the best interest of my kids. There's more to this story than that, but I just wanted you all to know what has been going on with me. I'm telling you because this community means a lot to me. I want to thank you for that. It's good to come on here and read about football, and share thoughts with each other. I'm not looking for pity, because feeling sorry for myself doesn't help me and it certainly doesn't help my kids. I'm going to be OK. I have lots of blessings; two awesome kids, many people who love and support me, living in the best damn country in the world, cheering for the best damn team in the world, and I'm still alive and kicking. What I am looking for are some prayers, and for you all to keep being the group of people that I look forward to spending some time with every single day. Thanks.
  2. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,377 / 86 / -17
    Packer Fan Since:
    That's a tough story. :( For sure I will remember you in my prayers and I will wish you peace in your mind every day.
  3. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,667 / 62 / -35
    Packer Fan Since:
    And I ditto exactly that but also must add the "holy schit" in there........ this might be a good move over to the atrium where plenty of us with a lot of life experience will do our best to help you out.

Relationships, marriages are harder than hell.

bozz, you have my prayers, and I know you'll get through it. HANG IN THERE!

I hope you get custody of your kids, and you should.
  4. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,028 / 55 / -6
    Packer Fan Since:
    My sentiments too. I sincerelypray your wife has another change of heart and returns. I'm shocked you seem to be holding up this well. I'd have lost myself long ago.
  5. AmishMafia

AmishMafia There's cheese under that hat

Ratings:
    +1,566 / 55 / -5
    Wow.

You have a tough road ahead. The mental disposition of your wife sounds all too familiar. I have a hearing later this month 6 years after I first filed for divorce. Not sure it will ever end.

I definitely will be praying for you.

Remember this: it gets better. There are still very rough days ahead, but eventually things will get better day by day. There are great days ahead for you. Be strong, your kids are counting on you.
  6. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,619 / 77 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    I hope your prayers are answered..You know what i have been thru and it does suck.

I am here for you if you need someone
  7. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +627 / 6 / -0
    Thanks everyone. And thanks Jim. I've actually thought about you a lot since this all went down. I can't change the decisions that Ann has made. I can't make her decisions for her in the future. All I can do is continue to work on being the best ME I can be. I'll get through what I have to get through because, for me, getting through it is the only option.
  8. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,619 / 77 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    You know how to reach me when you need it