practice squad

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers claimed fullback John Kuhn on waivers, placed running back Noah Herron on injured reserve and signed seven players to the practice squad Sunday. The transactions were announced by Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations.

Claimed on waivers from Pittsburgh, Kuhn (pronounced KOON), played nine games with the Steelers in 2006. The second-year pro from Shippensburg (Pa.) spent the 2005 season on the Steelers' practice squad.

Singed to the practice squad were wide receiver David Clowney, wide receiver Chris Francies, tight end Clark Harris, linebacker Spencer Havner, tackle Orrin Thompson, quarterback Paul Thompson and running back Corey White.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers claimed fullback John Kuhn on waivers, placed running back Noah Herron on injured reserve and signed seven players to the practice squad Sunday. The transactions were announced by Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations.

Claimed on waivers from Pittsburgh, Kuhn (pronounced KOON), played nine games with the Steelers in 2006. The second-year pro from Shippensburg (Pa.) spent the 2005 season on the Steelers' practice squad.

Singed to the practice squad were wide receiver David Clowney, wide receiver Chris Francies, tight end Clark Harris, linebacker Spencer Havner, tackle Orrin Thompson, quarterback Paul Thompson and running back Corey White.
GOD BLESS THE NEW THREAD SEARCH FUNCTION!!!!!!!

I was gonna start a new thread about our current practice squad guys to ax you guys if any of you thought any of them might amount to anything, and it found some old threads.

This old thread is even more interesting!!!!! Let me bold the names. Look what happened since then.... Havner was great last year, and Kooooon has blossomed into a fan-favorite, and serious contributor.

Now, I know we only have a few fans here who are college football fans (besides the Baidgers), but does anyone know anything about our current practice squad guys? Do we have any future starters or solid role players here? I bet one makes it for us..... which one though? Curtis Young was almost pressed into duty last week. I think Anthony Levine should already be playing instead of Jarrett Bush. Much stronger. He or Michael Greco would add some strength to our special teams over Bush, IMO.

OT Chris Campbell clearly has some great measurables there.

Practice Squad

# Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Age Exp. College 64 Battles, Adrian G 6-3 31824 R Minnesota State 69 Campbell, Chris T 6-5 32824 R Eastern Illinois 43 Greco, Michael S 6-3 22423 R Central Florida 48 Jackson, Cardia LB 6-1 23622 R Louisiana-Monroe 34 Levine, Anthony S 5-11 19923 R Tennessee State 68 Ross, Jay DT 6-3 30223 R East Carolina 11 West, Chastin WR 6-1 21623 R Fresno State 60 Young, Curtis LB/DE 6-1 27023 R Cincinnati

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Nance signed off Atlanta's practice squad ain't too shabby either!!

aaronqb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nov 29, 2006

The Green Bay Packers Wednesday signed cornerback Tramon Williams
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
to return their practice squad to eight players. Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson announced the signing.
Williams, a 5-foot-11, 182-pound rookie out of Louisiana Tech, originally signed as a non-drafted free agent with the Texans before Houston released him in its final preseason roster reduction. His first name is pronounced trah-MAHN.

Packers Sign Williams, Fill Out Practice Squad

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nov 29, 2006

The Green Bay Packers Wednesday signed cornerback Tramon Williams
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
to return their practice squad to eight players. Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson announced the signing.
Williams, a 5-foot-11, 182-pound rookie out of Louisiana Tech, originally signed as a non-drafted free agent with the Texans before Houston released him in its final preseason roster reduction. His first name is pronounced trah-MAHN.

Packers Sign Williams, Fill Out Practice Squad
Nice find!
I remember that..... isn't it amazing that in Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson's 6 years running this team's draft, that 2 undrafted CB's (Tramon & Shields) are better than ALL THE CB's that he has drafted, combined?

Think about that, and all the time the scouts and him spent on guys like Pat Lee and Brandon Underwood, etc.

Thank God for Tramon, and Sam I am.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice find!
I remember that..... isn't it amazing that in Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson's 6 years running this team's draft, that 2 undrafted CB's (Tramon & Shields) are better than ALL THE CB's that he has drafted, combined?

Think about that, and all the time the scouts and him spent on guys like Pat Lee and Brandon Underwood, etc.

Thank God for Tramon, and Sam I am.
tt is great in the later rounds as well

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well congrats.

I just bumped a 2006 thread and I was locked immediately =/ lol
This bump is a bit different, the ''bumper'' knew it was old but was adding reflection to it; he was going to flack for bumping or not searching. The post you made could've been a completely new one ha it been more fleshed, not to mention that bump was convoluted as far in the season we are now and Drivers production thus far.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
[realpackerbacker]Ted got lucky with all those massively successful practice squad finds. He should still totally be fired for his incompetence. And I wish we still had Brett Favre despite the fact that he's played like **** this year.[/realpackerbacker]

:p

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
[realpackerbacker]Ted got lucky with all those massively successful practice squad finds. He should still totally be fired for his incompetence. And I wish we still had Brett Favre despite the fact that he's played like **** this year.[/realpackerbacker]

:p
This guy is such a Favre homer it's absolutely disgusting.

You'd rather have a losing QB with more INTs than TDs and much less yards, than a QB who is considered one of the best in the league, best in the red zone, and DOES lead clutch drives, only to have the ST **** them away.

He doesn't even have eyes to see through the blinders.

Members online

Latest posts