Potential Upsets This Weekend I Need Opinions On

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
But the Patriots hardly lose 2 in a row, they are gonna come out all guns blazing on big mouth and his team.

I think it will be low scoring, but NE will get it together, limit the Jets to a bunch of field goals.

The better team is the Jets. The Jets should win. If they don't they don't deserve the AFC East title.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
The real problem with the Jets is Sanchez. They may have the D, but their QB cannot lead them to the SB.

True, and I love how they would have "won" the Super Bowl last year had they made it against us. If they can pick Big Ben off twice, we probably would have 3, or 4, or 5 interceptions against Sanchez that forces the ball everywhere.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Jets would not have beaten GB but this Jets team does match up well against several AFC teams who often make the playoffs.They are built to deal with the offenses like the Pats or Colts have. (or had)

Niners or Giants? hmm.......I have to say Giants right now. Thoughts? 49ers are going to lose another and this might be the week.

Im taking the Giants.

The Niners could have lost had Washington had a quarterback, and a coach that knows what he is doing. Sometimes Shanahan just kills me. The game has passed him up big time.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Im taking the Giants.

The Niners could have lost had Washington had a quarterback, and a coach that knows what he is doing. Sometimes Shanahan just kills me. The game has passed him up big time.

Yeah I am also taking the Giants right now.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Bogart, your Ravens are doing better then I expected.

I suppose I did not respect them enough. Nobody seems to respect my Jets though yet.

edit: Yikes, Flacco.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
This seriously stinks. I wanted to pick Giants/Bears and my hunch said so. So, I go against both in the end.

I gotta trust my gut more......

I guess the Bears really do have the Eagles number. I don't think the Eagles will make it.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Colts are favored I think early against the Jags. *sigh* Well, who knows. I mean the Colts at home against a team they CAN beat. I am not sure I can do it though. I have picked the Colts to lose every game this year. The Jags have a decent D, have hung with/beaten a few decent teams and also MJD owns the Colts.

You know whats nuts? This entire weekend was almost dominated by road teams.

Bears or Lions? I think the Bears can win. If not for a few big plays the Lions may not have beaten them the first time.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The Jags D looked damn good against the Ravens. (Only time I've watched them this year). Maybe they stepped it up for primetime?

Lions can actually get pressure on Cutler like the Eagles couldn't. If I were betting I'd take the Lions. And Cutler.. 2 decent games in a row? Ha!

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I ended up going with the Giants losing this past weekend. I was right on them, wrong on the Jets. Although the Jets were favored. My upset was the Raiders over Chargers and I did not even think I would get that right but I thought it was time for Palmer to get a win.

This weekend looks painfully predictable. Any good upsets to anyone out there?

Could the Broncos upset the Jets on a short week in Denver? Ldt is out. The Jets did lose a week after the SNF game to the Pats last year. Let down against Miami.

Can the banged up Chargers end their losing skid in Chicago?

Can Buffalo get back on track in Miami?

Can the Titans win in Atlanta?

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Could the Broncos upset the Jets on a short week in Denver? Ldt is out. The Jets did lose a week after the SNF game to the Pats last year. Let down against Miami.

Even though the Jets look like garbage, the Broncos and Tebow are in a different class of garbage. Last year Broncos narrowly beat the Jets if you remember but at the point they actually had some good receivers, now they have Eric Decker and that's about it. Their running backs are beat up. Tebow is terrible and I can't see him working over this Jets defense as bad as they've been.

Jets should win this game in pretty convincing fashion

Can the banged up Chargers end their losing skid in Chicago?

Bears look like they are hitting their stride now and playing good football. But at the same time as bad as Rivers has been, he could have a big day against this rather Vanillas Tampa 2 Bears defense.

This secondary of the Bears against the big receivers of the Chargers is a mismatch, IMO.

But I think the game is a toss up. Depending on how smart Rivers is with the ball and how the Bears decide to play this game on offense.

Can Buffalo get back on track in Miami?

Yes. I'd take Buffalo all day. Miami can't seem to win at home for some reason

Can the Titans win in Atlanta?

Not sure about that one, tbh. I'd think atlanta will be motivated to win this one but Titans are very solid up front which can keep Atlanta from getting Turner going and Hasselbeck has been playing pretty damn good football. And Chris Johnson finally had a solid game last week so if they can get him going again they have a chance. I think this one is a toss up too, but gun to my head I'd take Atlanta @ home.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Tough weekend to find an upset. Could the Lions continue to slide? They have not been very good outside of beating up on Tebow.

I also read this on another site:

Teams are 1-7 against the spread this year prior to battling the defending Super Bowl champs. This makes sense because teams understandably have to gear up to beat the Packers.

Detroit is a disgraceful 0-6 against the spread prior to its Thanksgiving game since 2005.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Even though the Jets look like garbage, the Broncos and Tebow are in a different class of garbage. Last year Broncos narrowly beat the Jets if you remember but at the point they actually had some good receivers, now they have Eric Decker and that's about it. Their running backs are beat up. Tebow is terrible and I can't see him working over this Jets defense as bad as they've been.

Jets should win this game in pretty convincing fashion

Bears look like they are hitting their stride now and playing good football. But at the same time as bad as Rivers has been, he could have a big day against this rather Vanillas Tampa 2 Bears defense.

This secondary of the Bears against the big receivers of the Chargers is a mismatch, IMO.

But I think the game is a toss up. Depending on how smart Rivers is with the ball and how the Bears decide to play this game on offense.

Yes. I'd take Buffalo all day. Miami can't seem to win at home for some reason

Not sure about that one, tbh. I'd think atlanta will be motivated to win this one but Titans are very solid up front which can keep Atlanta from getting Turner going and Hasselbeck has been playing pretty damn good football. And Chris Johnson finally had a solid game last week so if they can get him going again they have a chance. I think this one is a toss up too, but gun to my head I'd take Atlanta @ home.

Miami just won at home this past weekend. This is a tough one to me. I am not sure how much faith I have in the Bills anymore. I had them losing the last two weeks but this is a division rival who should be the weaker team in the Dolphins but the Bills have been playing like hot garbage.

I think I will go with the Falcons at home though. Titans can run the ball against a bad Panthers run D but the Falcons are tougher up front. And losing two in a row at home for Atlanta seems risky.

I still wonder about the mentality of this Jets team. The game against NE was supposed to be the game and they got embarrassed. Just like last year on SNF and then they followed it up with a clunker against an inferior Miami team. I can see Sanchez having a lot of pressure on him against Denver again. They can sack the QB. If NE can sack Sanchez that many times I think Denver (who is playing good defense) can also.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Tim Tebow is going to blow it against the Jets, and that will be ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL we hear about, but he won't be the only one that chokes. Mr. Sitting on the bench while the defense is on the field sure feels great Mark Sanchez won't be doing anything against those blitzes.

I knew the Jets would blow it against NE, because he sucks. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he plays poorly again. The Jets defense is what wins for them, not Sanchez. That's the factor here, can they stop Denver's run every down until we injure the entire offense play scheme? Or are they going to let them run all over them?

I have money on this game that Tebow don't complete 50% of his passes.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Jets losing to NE was the first game I got wrong on them this year and now I have serious doubts....

Thats the thing; Mark Sanchez. Sure pick on Tebow all you want but the Jets don't have a very good pass rush and they might have a let down game after getting beat up by NE. Hell, OchoCinco had a big gain on them at one point in the game. That alone should make you feel like crap. But no.......Revis today. Talking smack again. Jesus what is wrong with that team?

Mark Sanchez could not even do anything against the practice squad aka the Patriots defense.

Plus it's a long flight across the country after getting embarrassed by the Pats and is in high altitude. Jets got run over by the Raiders already this year.....can Denver do the same?

Not saying I am picking the Broncos yet but this game does not feel right to me ATM for the Jets either.

Is there ANY good upset this weekend?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
If you want to be daring pick San Diego over Chicago or Philadelphia over the Giants. I could see either one happening quite easily. For the obscure upset of the week; Minnesota over Oakland. The Vikings have got to be p.o.'d after their loss to the Pack and they want to take it out on someone.

SyX

Stranger in a strange land
Reaction score
Tough weekend to find an upset.

I've heard the bye is favored by 3.5 over the Colts this weekend. I'm really on the fence with that one.

I have the Jest winning late in Denver unless they can force Tebow to throw, then it will be over by the half. Cincy / Baltimore is interesting to me. I think the Ravens can win, they are home, it is an early game (they don't play well later this year), and it is a divisional opponent, but Cincy is playing well. I think Dalton is going to have trouble with Suggs and Jarret Johnson, so I'll go home team. Jax / Cleveland, really? Umm, yeah... I see Detroit beating Carolina. They'll pressure Cam, and there's footage out there now to figure him out.

Then there's Tampa Bay vs, Green Bay. Call me captain obvious, but I think the Packers have a really good chance here. They are starting to play well and are putting together a couple of wins. I think this upstart team will come through in the end with another win, and it may be the start of something good for them.

Miami beats Buffalo late, Oakland pounds Minnesota, the embarrassment continues for the Redskins. Arizona wins late at the Niners, Rams win against the Seahawks, and to close it out, I have the home teams winning the other games as well.

Going on my track record, I'll be wrong on a lot of these.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Well for Gods sake Niners fan get a move on it and let me know.

Nice opinions guys. Now my head is swimming LOL. This weekend looks a bit predictable which is scary. The last two weeks we have also seen a ton of homes teams losing. The only certains this year to me have been checking off the Colts to lose and checking off the Packers to win. The most reliable teams in the league.

My mother told me she thinks the Broncos will win and I should pick them. Crap. She often is right with her "hunches." I guess if I go Denver then it's her fault if they lose. I mean the Jets D is built more for high passing attacks like the Pats/Colts not so much Denver gimmick crap. And the Jets offense might miss LT and his pass protection/catches. We'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Another one that interests me is Titans/Falcons. Falcons should win at home but the Titans are no pushovers at times. They are excellent against NFC teams as well and are 5-0 in their last 5 games against Atlanta. It depends...I honestly am not sure either team will run the ball great in this game. Julio Jones is hurt again I think.

I can't believe SD might be losing yet again but this is a tough break for them. Rivers has tended to play well vs. Cutler though so it makes me go hmmm.....those two hate each other. Rivers has also been effective in the past against the Tampa 2. Granted the Bears D is better then the Colts but I can see them taking advantage of the Bears DBs.

I have seen some bold enough to pick Carolina over Detroit. I can't do it right now. This is a total must win for the Lions before the Packers/Saints games which I think they lose in both. Carolina can't stop the run so whatever pathetic run game the Lions have may work in this one. Cam can be tricky though but turns it over more now.

So I have narrowed it down I guess to 3 potential good upsets; Denver over Jets, Chargers over Bears and Titans over Falcons. I may go with one or two of these. A game like Vikings over Raiders is simply not **** enough and the Vikings should be more effective then against GB and they are tough to run on at times. Jared Allen could get after Palmer but he may not be as motivated as he was against Rodgers. Oakland can also give Ponder some fits up front IMO. I'll go Raiders.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, my three upsets for this weekend. Mostly this is just gut feeling kinda stuff here.

Cincinnati over Baltimore
I'm not a big believer in the Ravens anymore and I think Cinci will want it more.
Tennessee over Atlanta
I dunno why... just because.
San Diego over Chicago
Just cuz I've got a feeling their passing game will show up. It might even be a blowout.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
OK, my three upsets for this weekend. Mostly this is just gut feeling kinda stuff here.

Cincinnati over Baltimore
I'm not a big believer in the Ravens anymore and I think Cinci will want it more.
Tennessee over Atlanta
I dunno why... just because.
San Diego over Chicago
Just cuz I've got a feeling their passing game will show up. It might even be a blowout.

Not bad. I am liking Chargers over Bears myself now. Really the Bears certainly look better and all. Chargers are still banged up. But, I still remember how awful Cutler used to look against SD when he was with Denver. Rivers hated Cutler so I can see him maybe showing up in this one.....

I thought about Cincy over Ravens. Always a tough game for Baltimore. But, Baltimore is at home and tends to play to the level of their competition. Also, team who play Pittsburgh this year tend to lose a week later or struggle.

Titans over Atlanta is a confusing one. I go back and forth on it. I tend to think the Falcons are the better team and will win at home. Then again TN has a very good record vs. NFC teams over the years. Matt Ryan is starting to bug me as well.

Will have to think about these more tonight and early tomorrow. Last week on Thursday I had a hunch the Raiders would win so we'll see how I feel later...

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By the way, just cuz I picked Cinci over Baltimore doesn't mean I really hope it happens. I don't want the Ravens to be too fired up and desperate to win on Thanksgiving!!

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I ended up picking Denver and got it!! (Yesss!!!!) I thought I was crazy lol.

My picks this week btw:
NY Jets @ Denver
Carolina@ Detroit
Cincy @ Baltimore
Oakland @ Minnesota
Buffalo @ Miami
Tampa Bay @ GB
Dallas @ Washington
Jacksonville @ Cleveland
Seattle @ StL
AZ @ SF
Tenn @ Atlanta