Potential Un-Drafted FA's ??

C-Mize

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that the draft is over, who do you guys see as potential undrafted FAs for the Packers ?? Here are some good guys still available:

Josh Huston, (K) Ohio State
Dwayne Slay, (S) Texas Tech
Pat Ross, (C) BC
Charles Gordon, (CB) KU
Justin Wyatt, (CB) USC
DonTrell Moore, (RB) New Mexico
Gerald Riggs, (RB) Tennessee
***Martin Nance, (WR) Miami OH (6-4, 213, 40 time - 4.6)
Hank Baskett, (WR) New Mexico (6-3, 225, 40 time- 4.57)
?? Matt Lentz, (OL) Michigan http://www.footballsfuture.com/2006/pro ... lentz.html

Who do you guys think the Packers may get as undrafted FAs if they get anyone ?

BTW (This made me feel better about not getting Winston Justice
(Si.com) Overrated: Winston Justice, USC
The former Long Beach Poly standout has had a massive rep from the day he walked on campus, drawing comparisons to Trojan legend Anthony Munoz when he started at left tackle. But then he missed an entire season when he was suspended for pointing a plastic gun at a student. When he returned last year, he wasn't all that dominating, and in fact the dirty little secret at Heritage Hall was that Justice, easily the most hyped of USC's lineman, was actually the unit's weak link (relatively speaking). Scouts are enamored with his physical capabilities (6-6, 320 pounds) and athleticism, but in truth he's an extremely risky pick who could easily wind up a bust.

OP
OP
C

C-Mize

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In addition, Tim Day (TE-Oregon ,6 ft 3 , 264, 40-time 4.75). He's the best available undrafted TE.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like them to take a look at Tim Day, Josh Huston, Nance, and one of those running backs.

OP
OP
C

C-Mize

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yah, that's what I am hoping for. I just tossed those other guys in there just to show who else is out there.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know nobody is going to take him, but Marcus Vick is still out there.

I thought it was hilarious when the fans were chanting "MARCUS VICK" during the last 10 minutes of the draft.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
I thought it was hilarious when the fans were chanting "MARCUS VICK" during the last 10 minutes of the draft.

the raiders should have done it to have a sense of humor. i woulda laughed for days if they did that.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
the raiders should have done it to have a sense of humor. i woulda laughed for days if they did that.

Definately. If I was the GM of the Raiders I would've picked him. Then cut him the next day.

Then cleaned out my office because I'd be fired.

And that's why I'm not a GM

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GoPackGo said:
Now that the draft is over, who do you guys see as potential undrafted FAs for the Packers ?? Here are some good guys still available:

Pat Ross, (C) BC
Charles Gordon, (CB) KU
Justin Wyatt, (CB) USC
?? Matt Lentz, (OL) Michigan http://www.footballsfuture.com/2006/pro ... lentz.html

The former Long Beach Poly standout has had a massive rep from the day he walked on campus, drawing comparisons to Trojan legend Anthony Munoz when he started at left tackle. But then he missed an entire season when he was suspended for pointing a plastic gun at a student. When he returned last year, he wasn't all that dominating, and in fact the dirty little secret at Heritage Hall was that Justice, easily the most hyped of USC's lineman, was actually the unit's weak link (relatively speaking). Scouts are enamored with his physical capabilities (6-6, 320 pounds) and athleticism, but in truth he's an extremely risky pick who could easily wind up a bust.

How about kickers? There's gotta be a few good undrafted kickers available.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
GoPackGo said:

Pat Ross, (C) BC
Charles Gordon, (CB) KU
Justin Wyatt, (CB) USC

How about kickers? There's gotta be a few good undrafted kickers available.
Josh Huston, (K) Ohio State <-- here's one!

I hope we get lucky with another undrafted Kicker like we did with Longwell.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea I saw that. He must be the only Ohio State guy that went undrafted. I meant any others. I bet a few teams go after him.

magic_8ball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see matt bernstien sign with the pack. its like having another o lineman except in the backfield. i really don't see vonta leech as our answer at fullback after william henderson leaves the field for the broadcast booth.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
magic_8ball said:
I'd like to see matt bernstien sign with the pack. its like having another o lineman except in the backfield. i really don't see vonta leech as our answer at fullback after william henderson leaves the field for the broadcast booth.

Great call. Bernstein would be that ideal pure hard nose blocking FB like Hendo is for his replacement. I'd like too see him signed to the practice squad at least.

gmann001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was wondering what everyone thought of Ed Hinkel. Some "experts" expected he would go in the 6th or 7th, but no one picked him up.

Any thoughts? Personally, I like him... but being a Hawkeye fan, I'm a bit biased.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Martin Nance is worth a look because he fits our system perfectly,

- Big and physical WR
- Runs precise routes
- Good hands
- Good blockingabillity

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
Martin Nance is worth a look because he fits our system perfectly,

- Big and physical WR
- Runs precise routes
- Good hands
- Good blockingabillity

He was really productive as well.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was productive when Big Ben was the QB, but he hasn't really showed that since Big Ben left and that's a big questionmark, also he was injured in all of 2004.

These are the two main reasons why he wasn't drafted. He was initially first round material after the 2003 season, but not after what he showed in the 2005 season. But he is worth bringing in as an FA.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Martin Nance WR

6'5" / 210 lbs

Positives:

Ideal combination of size and speed, Martin Nance has a tall frame with good hands. He is a precise route runner and always a big play threat downfield. Nance is an amazing athlete with great ability to make the catch in traffic. He has a lot of potential that has yet to be utilized.

Negatives:

Nance has yet to be truly effective without Ben Roethlisberger at the helm. He is coming off a torn ACL injury that kept him out all of 2004. Nance has decent speed, but doesn’t have a good burst off the line and won’t be able to fake out many NFL defenders

Summary:

Martin Nance looked like a first-round prospect his sophomore year, but because of injury and offensive woes for Miami of Ohio, Nance’s stock has fallen quite a bit. He has all the skills that can’t be taught such as size and speed, but needs to get a better grasp on the intangibles of the position. With the right coaching, Nance could become a very effective receiver at the next level.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As of this posting the Packers have signed:

Chris Francis WR UTEP

Montez Murphy DL Baylor

Josh Bourke OT Grand Valley State $10K bonus(same amount as Akili Smith)

Josh Hunter DE Appalachian State

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously sign marcus vick, hes 2-3rd round talent with no brains... someone can whoop him into shape and he might be a freakin star in the making, you never know and it cant hurt to sign him before camp just to make sure your not passing on a possible star.

especially since we have a-rod, ingle martin, tim arth as our depth chart... no guarentees here at all.... i think Vick would give a-rod and ingle a run for their money.

Members online

Latest posts