Posted several days ago - USAtoday/Packers

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
right...like Aaron Rodgers will be serious competition for Favre...HA HA HA!

Writers! Always trying to stir things up. I'm sure Brett stays awake nights worrying about losing his position. :wink: :lol:

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre was throwing TD's when Aaron Rodgers was still poopin' yellow in his diapers! There won't be any competition at the QB position UNTIL Favre decides it's time to move on. I hope we don't lose Rodgers to free agency in the meantime because I think he could be the next in line.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Writers need a story. There is none between Brett Farve and Aaron Rodgers. Brett is the master, Aaron is the pupil. Aaron knows it and has said it. He can't wait to meet Brett. Looks like that will happen at June Mini camp. All that 4-5 year play of Brett was to defuse the Brett retirement talk that writers like to stir up every year for the last couple of years. If Brett was going to play 4-5 years , the Packers would not have spent a first round draft choice on Aaron Rodgers.If Farve stuck around that long, Rodgers would be gone after his contract ran out.I have seen none of this in the local Green Bay media, it wouldprobably be good for a big laugh by the local fans. The Packers will not lose Aaron Rodger! This is the first time since 1983, the packers have had a chance to get one of the two highly rated quarterbacks in the N.F.L. draft. Last time H.C./G.M. Bart Starr took Q.B. Rich Campbell. MISTAKE, big Time!!! Ted Thompson and the Green Bay Organization knows it is 1 or 2 years for Brett. Probably will take take at least two years for Aaron Rodgers to be ready for the big time. I think Brett is here for two years. he will make sure the Packers have Q.B. in place who is run the team. There are at least 4 things that could happen that could changes things. Brett's health, His wife's health and other family problems ,if his skills erode or if Brett feels it is no longer fun to play. Hopefully things stay the way they are right now and you Green Bay Packer fans can sit back and watch "Good ole # 4 work his magic. If he does only Good things can happen the next couple of sesons for ther Packers!!

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys - I vote for Sherman & Co to allow Rodgers on the field any time we're way ahead or definitely going to lose the game, no matter what. He needs some real time on the field in a regular season game - like Craig Nall got last year, finally.

Also - I would vote for Green Bay to get their Training Camp & Pre-season schtick together in the same mode as the Miami U Alumnus are doing this Off-season down in Florida. I think it's time to step it up and Green Bay should lead the way, not some College frat club type setup. It would make all the diff...

One thing you can tell about Rodgers - He "is" focused.... whereas you're not hearing any comments all that much about Nall or Sullivan being seen that way. Not with the same intensity - Course, that could be just because the Media's out there with the.. "heir apparent" ..storyline! But, we'll see! It'd be interesting to get a summer gig working at Lambeau,.....eh?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts