Post-game thread: Packers beat Redskins! [Merged Threads]

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Post-game thread: Packers beat Redskins!

pack_in_black said:
shanks2122 said:
i was not to happy with mcarthy last week at halftime but this week he must have really layed into the defense i dont know the complete stats but clooey only had i think three catches in the second half compared to i believe 7 in the first

Cooley had 2 catches for 8 yards. He put Hawk almost exclusively on Cooley in the second half. I was watching that matchup specifically because Cooley was burning us bad.

Thx for the info, Cory.

Hawk also had fumble recovery. Now maybe we'll see a few less "what happened to AJ Hawk?" threads. The guy is a stud- he never blows an assignment, and does a billion different duties, and recovers fumbles.

That's where AJ Hawk is.

He also forced a fumble that was recovered by washington. He's doing fine.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't underestimate this offense !!!

Give us the TD that was called back by a penalty

Give us the TD that was not called a push out

Give us a TD if Lee had managed to run a couple more yards

Bottom line, give us any of the three potential TD's here against the best D we have faced this year ( a game where we knew that passing was going to be tough ) and we win by at least 7 more.

Or give us the two missed field goals and we win by another 6.

This offense is really surprising me ( even in this game ). The ball starts rolling our way in these situations and we are looking good. What amazes me is we are doing this without the running game.

It is looking better than the final score gents, it's almost there !!!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't underestimate this offense !!!

The Packers DID get the TD after Lee's long pass reception. Wynn ran it in from the 3 yard line.

I agree that the offense has been pretty good overall, though.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Don't underestimate this offense !!!

Greg C. said:
The Packers DID get the TD after Lee's long pass reception. Wynn ran it in from the 3 yard line.

I agree that the offense has been pretty good overall, though.

Whoops,

I was so happy about this win and going 5-1 that I somehow missed that Greg,

Cheers friend !!!

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
AADP... 2 weeks in a row lost a long post to a merged thread... arghhhh!

:) all good... the error given was "post doesn't exist"... I think somehow posts in process need the GUID reassigned to the merged threads GUID.

Pack.. wins. Done posting for day :)

packman31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Win

I guess it wasn't a pretty win but none the less it's a win. Sometimes you win by offense and others defense or special teams. Look at the way Dallas won last week by beating Buffalo on the last play of the game and they are supose to be the best in the nfc.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Did they stop the game when Favre got the interception record at #278?

Did George Blanda come on to congratulate Favre?

Did they guard the "Intercepted Ball" to be enshrined in Canton?

Just curious.......... :p

Did the vikings get their SB trophy sent to HOF? Wait..no...

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone else think Jennings had an off day.

Did not seem to get loose and did not fight for the one pick even though it was underthrown.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Re: Post-game thread: Packers beat Redskins! [Merged Threads

Did not seem to get loose and did not fight for the one pick even though it was underthrown.

After reviewing the game Jennings was open a couple of times, but the ball was thrown badly.

It would've been tough for him to fight for the ball right after adjusting to make a play on the ball.

In other words, Taylor has such great range that it isn't as if Greg could have known Taylor would get to make a play on the ball from the position he was in.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Win

I guess it wasn't a pretty win but none the less it's a win. Sometimes you win by offense and others defense or special teams. Look at the way Dallas won last week by beating Buffalo on the last play of the game and they are supose to be the best in the nfc.

it was cold and rainy. you're not gonna get a clean and precise football game in that kind of weather. we won baby! 5-1!

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Did they stop the game when Favre got the interception record at #278?

Did George Blanda come on to congratulate Favre?

Did they guard the "Intercepted Ball" to be enshrined in Canton?

Just curious.......... :p

none of that happened.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Post-game thread: Packers beat Redskins! [Merged Threads

This time, Favre was to blame. Jennings was fine. Favre just kept missing him.

jessefly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bubba Franks catch

I deffienately think bubba scored that TD, he had one foot in and was forced out with control of the ball.....i guess its not challengable....i couldnt listen to the commentators cuz i was at work so i had the tv muted.....did they say why MM didnt challenge

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Bubba Franks catch

I deffienately think bubba scored that TD, he had one foot in and was forced out with control of the ball.....i guess its not challengable....i couldnt listen to the commentators cuz i was at work so i had the tv muted.....did they say why MM didnt challenge

MM didn't challenge, but watching the replay, it looked like a TD. That really irked me.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bubba Franks catch

Zero posted this after the Bear game

The NFL replay system currently only covers the following situations:

* Scoring plays
* Pass complete/incomplete/intercepted
* Runner/receiver out of bounds
* Recovery of a loose ball in or out of bounds
* Touching of a forward pass, either by an ineligible receiver or a defensive player
* Quarterback pass or fumble
* Illegal forward pass
* Forward or backward pass
* Runner ruled not down by contact
* Forward progress in regard to a first down
* Touching of a kick
* Other plays involving placement of the football
* Whether a legal number of players are on the field at the time of the snap

~~~

now the bubba ( non td ) falls under a few of those, but my question is....

Can a "force out" be challenged? Or is that strickly a judgment call

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Bubba Franks catch

A force out can not be challenged.

Remember last week when Olsen or someone was called forced out and they got the TD? That couldn't be challenged because it is a judgment call.

Same thing would apply to this. You can not challenge the play in hopes of the result being a TD due to being forced out because its a judgment call.

Replays have to be ... this sounds oxy moronic ... have to be based on factual information provided through the video screen they are viewing.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bubba Franks catch

The Bubba play met the absolute definition of what a "push out" is. I couldn't believe the non-call. If we woulda followed it up with a score then it's not as big a deal, but my God, we choked it after that play. I mean, he went up, had possession, got one foot down and the second one would have undoubtedly gone down had he NOT BEEN PUSHED OUT! Seriously terrible non-call.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bubba Franks catch

To make matters worse, Bubba left with an injury on the play.

Does anybody know his status?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Bubba Franks catch

No touchdown this time

The Packers didn’t get a touchdown on a play, and an official’s call, that was similar to one that went against them last week against Chicago.

Last week, Bears tight end Greg Olsen caught a pass in the end zone but landed out of bounds along the sidelines. However, the nearest official ruled Olsen would have come down in bounds if not pushed by Bigby, so he gave the Bears the 19-yard touchdown.

In the fourth quarter of Sunday’s game, the Packers led 17-14 and quarterback Brett Favre threw a pass into the right corner of the end zone to tight end Bubba Franks.

Franks made the catch and came down with one foot in bounds and the other out of bounds. However, it appeared that cornerback Fred Smoot pushed Franks while he still was in the air, and that Franks would have landed both feet in bounds if not for the push.

However, the nearest official didn’t see it that way and called the play an incompletion. The push-or-no-push reception is not reviewable, so McCarthy could not challenge it.

“The other team last week got that call, but that’s just the way it goes,” McCarthy said.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bubba Franks catch

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

why do you guys think mcarthy is so skidish to run the ball i thought wynn was running tough. it dosent show one the stat sheet though and thats the only place it matters i guess

It's because of Wynn. He's awesome, but has no lungs. He can't last a whole ball game. They have to keep taking him out. It's too bad because he's by far the best RB we have.

Gattocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I was watching the game with my father and the thing i said before the game was "watch the skins TE Cooley, he's gonna have a big day" Boy was i correct. I was being very negative toward are bend but not break defense today, but they made some adjustments and held the skins to 0 points in the second half. We have such massive potential on our defense to be a playmaker and turnover defense, i hate seeing them play so soft alot of times. But our defense really bailed us out on this one, Brett threw some nasty passes today.

I am suprised James Jones wasnt involved in the game plan this week. He is really good. He may have had two fumbles last week but both those fumbles were caused by the defense, not Jones having butter fingers.

We needed this win to go into the bye week. Even though it was ugly i will take it. If we make it to the playoffs, the only way i see us going deeper in it is playing perfect football and not turning over the ball.

Members online

Latest posts