Post-game thread: Packers beat Redskins! [Merged Threads]

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
NFL: Thanks for using refs who make BS calls against Packers

See if it was this game alone, I could let it go.

But it isn't just one game. These bad calls against the Packers seem to increase week after week.

Yes I know we play a bump and run style, but please don't start calling penalties like the other teams WRs are babies. There grown man capable of handling some physical contact.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Post-game thread: Packers beat Redskins!

The Packers are 1.5 games ahead of the Lions and 2.5 games against the 2-3 Vikings.

This was a huge win for us.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Mafia.

A lot of people bet on the Redskins, who were +3.5 in Vegas.

Eventually, the penalties died down AFTER Woodson scored.

In Vegas, the score is Redskins 17.5, Packers 17, so the Redskins betters won.

**** point shaving.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Packers lead the Lions by a game and a half.

This was a sloppy win, but the one thing I really liked was how the defense got stronger and stronger as the second half went on. Not only did they pitch a shutout in the second half, they scored 7 points, got another turnover that would've resulted in 7 points if the referees were not complete idiots (stole a TD from Bubba), and on the Skins' final two possessions they forced them to turn the ball over on downs.

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Post-game thread: Packers beat Redskins!

Did they stop the game when Favre got the interception record at #278?

Did George Blanda come on to congratulate Favre?

Did they guard the "Intercepted Ball" to be enshrined in Canton?

Just curious.......... :p

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score

why do you guys think mcarthy is so skidish to run the ball i thought wynn was running tough. it dosent show one the stat sheet though and thats the only place it matters i guess

I agree that Wynn was doing OK. What annoyed me the most was when we were 2nd and 2 and we didn't run the ball and ended up punting on 4th and 2 mid 4th quarter. I admit that we are having problems running, but at some point we need to give our backs some confidence and our D a break, especially late in the game.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I nevr complained last week but today was just ridiculous. I'm not going to rant on it but Brett's #'s would of looked a lot better with the 2 td's he would of had.
Brett's official #'s. 220 yds 2td's and 2int's

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score

i was not to happy with mcarthy last week at halftime but this week he must have really layed into the defense i dont know the complete stats but clooey only had i think three catches in the second half compared to i believe 7 in the first

Cooley had 2 catches for 8 yards. He put Hawk almost exclusively on Cooley in the second half. I was watching that matchup specifically because Cooley was burning us bad.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score

shanks2122 said:
why do you guys think mcarthy is so skidish to run the ball i thought wynn was running tough. it dosent show one the stat sheet though and thats the only place it matters i guess

I agree that Wynn was doing OK. What annoyed me the most was when we were 2nd and 2 and we didn't run the ball and ended up punting on 4th and 2 mid 4th quarter. I admit that we are having problems running, but at some point we need to give our backs some confidence and our D a break, especially late in the game.

See, this would absolutely change if we had a running game.

The way I look at it, 2nd and short should always be a big passing down, because if you had a good RB, you can easily pick it up on 3rd.

But because we don't, we gotta stay all one-dimensional and **** and throw it to people we still see on the screen.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

2 NEW GUYS STARTING FOR THE O-L.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score

all about da packers said:
What a sloppy game, but I could care less.

At the end of the day, we are 5-1 and I would think almost no one had us at 5-1 going into the bye.

Excuse me, but I had us going 6-0 so I am a bit DISappointed.

Packers rock... Its sweeter to win a lousy, sloppily played game than to win by 5 touchdowns.

Especially since some people had us losing this one.

So, how about those Packers Huh?

15-1, Superbowl!

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I can't wait until mid next week when the head of officials comes to MM and says "our bad, your TE WAS pushed out on that no call". Ahhh yes, vindication just like last week's "our bad".

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score

shanks2122 said:
i was not to happy with mcarthy last week at halftime but this week he must have really layed into the defense i dont know the complete stats but clooey only had i think three catches in the second half compared to i believe 7 in the first

Cooley had 2 catches for 8 yards. He put Hawk almost exclusively on Cooley in the second half. I was watching that matchup specifically because Cooley was burning us bad.

Thx for the info, Cory.

Hawk also had fumble recovery. Now maybe we'll see a few less "what happened to AJ Hawk?" threads. The guy is a stud- he never blows an assignment, and does a billion different duties, and recovers fumbles.

That's where AJ Hawk is.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score

TheKanataThrilla said:
shanks2122 said:

See, this would absolutely change if we had a running game.

The way I look at it, 2nd and short should always be a big passing down, because if you had a good RB, you can easily pick it up on 3rd.

But because we don't, we gotta stay all one-dimensional and **** and throw it to people we still see on the screen.

I agree the normal play is to pass on 2nd and 2, but how bad does it make you feel for the RB's that they don't get a hand-off in these types of situations. Especially when you are leading mid 4th quarter when your best friend is the clock.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree the normal play is to pass on 2nd and 2, but how bad does it make you feel for the RB's that they don't get a hand-off in these types of situations. Especially when you are leading mid 4th quarter when your best friend is the clock.

I don't feel bad for the RB's at all. When they make more plays they will get the ball more. They have to earn it like everybody else.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Did they stop the game when Favre got the interception record at #278?

Did George Blanda come on to congratulate Favre?

Did they guard the "Intercepted Ball" to be enshrined in Canton?

Just curious.......... :p

Did your boss stop the fast food line when you set the record for most orders missed?

Did the previous record holder come out and hand you the french fries?

I didn't think so!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Greg C. said:
The Packers lead the Lions by a game and a half.

This was a sloppy win, but the one thing I really liked was how the defense got stronger and stronger as the second half went on. Not only did they pitch a shutout in the second half, they scored 7 points, got another turnover that would've resulted in 7 points if the referees were not complete idiots (stole a TD from Bubba), and on the Skins' final two possessions they forced them to turn the ball over on downs.

I think this was an example of two good defenses going at it and which one would make the most big plays. The Packers D did this. I don't think it was a sloppy win because the defense played so well in the 2nd half. Offensively it wasn't good but we aren't used to seeing Green Bay win like this with Favre as the QB. For me it feels just as good.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Someone should find the stat of how many LESS attempts Blanda had than Brett has had. That gives you better perspective on the whole record there hehe.

Crazy crazy game I would say. I am glad we won going into the bye. The Packers will only improve over the two weeks. Horray!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I can't wait until mid next week when the head of officials comes to MM and says "our bad, your TE WAS pushed out on that no call". Ahhh yes, vindication just like last week's "our bad".
LOL! I said the same thing in a different thread.....but you said it first!
Bubba was SOOOOOO forced out. It was even more evident then the one they called on us last week.
I'll tell you.....i can't help but wonder if these refs are "betting men!"
MM can't say it, but i sure will!!!

Members online