Possible Packer HC?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
SINGLETARY A RISING STAR

pro said:
There's a growing buzz in league circles that 49ers linebackers coach Mike Singletary is garnering more and more respect, and that he's on track to be a head coach within the next few years, if not sooner.

Players respond well to Singletary, who is getting rave reviews for his work with the Niners. Even though he has yet to serve as a defensive coordinator, a move straight from position coach to head coach is not unprecedented. Several years back, Jets coach Herm Edwards made the direct leap from secondary coach with Tampa to top job.

Already a member of the Hall of Fame for his years as a wide-eyed middle linebacker with the Bears, Singletary's genuine Christian values and outlook coupled with fiery intensity could make him a perfect candidate to keep the modern player on track -- and out of embarrassing situations.

Are you paying attention, Zagnut?

Sure would be interesting

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. The Packers would never hire an ex-Bear to coach here. Dumb or not, the rivalry is too intense. Ditka still says he has a hard time saying the word "Packers".

2.I want to challenge the prevailing thinking about the soon-to-be-departing(allegedly) Mike Sherman.

I will do that in another thread.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A radio sports show host was saying the other day how there could be up to 13 coaching openings this coming off season in the NFL. If Sherman were let go, I think he'd easily find another job with his record. And we could have some stiff competition trying to land a coach we wanted.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forget the new Head Coach talk, we are only 5 games into the season. There is plenty time for that in '06 if Packer management feels it is necessary. We have had one Chicago Bear who was hired as Packer head Coach and the was Gene Ronzani. He succeeded E.L. "Curly" Lambeau. He was head coach from 1950-1953. His coaching record was 14-31-1- winning % .315 That makes Mike Sherman five year record of reg. season games is 53-27 -winning % .663 (4th best coaching record in Packer History) look "fairly" good. Update of Mike Sherman coaching record, it is now 54-31. He still ranks 4th best Packer coach in Packer history. There have been 13 Packer coaches in history of the franchise. Every once and a while, I have to do something to justify my position as Packer historian on the Packer forum. Although, anti Sherman fans may not like to hear anything positive about Packer head coach Mike Sherman. But that is their problem. I deal with facts, not opinion.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sorry to disappoint you fella's..

but everybody outside of Packer fantasy land realizes that coach Sherman's winning record is directly related to having a HOF QB on the roster all these years...

How did Miami do once Marino retired...?

and Dallas...San Francisco..etc?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey pack66....what do you think of Mike Sherman? I'd be interested to know what kind of job you think he is doing. Do you feel he has a chance to win Coach of the Year honors this season?

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Sorry to disappoint you fella's..

but everybody outside of Packer fantasy land realizes that coach Sherman's winning record is directly related to having a HOF QB on the roster all these years...

How did Miami do once Marino retired...?

and Dallas...San Francisco..etc?

When did Marino play for Dallas? SF? Where is etc?

Members online

Latest posts