1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Possible Packer HC?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    SINGLETARY A RISING STAR

Sure would be interesting
  2. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +45 / 19 / -0
    1. The Packers would never hire an ex-Bear to coach here. Dumb or not, the rivalry is too intense. Ditka still says he has a hard time saying the word "Packers".

2.I want to challenge the prevailing thinking about the soon-to-be-departing(allegedly) Mike Sherman.

I will do that in another thread.
  3. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    A radio sports show host was saying the other day how there could be up to 13 coaching openings this coming off season in the NFL. If Sherman were let go, I think he'd easily find another job with his record. And we could have some stiff competition trying to land a coach we wanted.
  4. PWT36

PWT36 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Forget the new Head Coach talk, we are only 5 games into the season. There is plenty time for that in '06 if Packer management feels it is necessary. We have had one Chicago Bear who was hired as Packer head Coach and the was Gene Ronzani. He succeeded E.L. "Curly" Lambeau. He was head coach from 1950-1953. His coaching record was 14-31-1- winning % .315 That makes Mike Sherman five year record of reg. season games is 53-27 -winning % .663 (4th best coaching record in Packer History) look "fairly" good. Update of Mike Sherman coaching record, it is now 54-31. He still ranks 4th best Packer coach in Packer history. There have been 13 Packer coaches in history of the franchise. Every once and a while, I have to do something to justify my position as Packer historian on the Packer forum. Although, anti Sherman fans may not like to hear anything positive about Packer head coach Mike Sherman. But that is their problem. I deal with facts, not opinion.
  5. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    Sorry to disappoint you fella's..

but everybody outside of Packer fantasy land realizes that coach Sherman's winning record is directly related to having a HOF QB on the roster all these years...

How did Miami do once Marino retired...?

and Dallas...San Francisco..etc?
  6. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey pack66....what do you think of Mike Sherman? I'd be interested to know what kind of job you think he is doing. Do you feel he has a chance to win Coach of the Year honors this season?
  7. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    When did Marino play for Dallas? SF? Where is etc?
  8. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    Aikman...and Young...