Possible FA to solve secondary issues

zimbabwe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Besides praying for Al Harris to have the greatest comeback ever after his form of injury. We are stuck out in the cold.... When it comes to depth in our secondary it doesnt exist anymore.

Even though IMO Underwood is a scumbag but no one is perfect even if they are in the public eye and much is expected. Just like tiger woods i believe he will be suspended and for a franchise like the packers to keep him around is unlikely its bad publicity and his talent isnt proven. So that leaves us with one less CB..

I think guys like Will Allen and Ken Lucas proven vets who are UFA can come in and get it done... Will can play nickel and can make Tramon bring his game to the next level and hold down his starting spot.

What do you guys think?

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ken Lucas was horrible on the Seahawks last season. Without Marcus Trufant or Deon Grant helping him, Lucas absolutely blows his assignment. Picture him as the Jarret Bush for the Seahawks, we don't want 2 Bush's on our team now do we?

Will Allen is under contract with the Dolphins. However if we're going to go with an aged veteran I would like to see us take a chance on Dre Bly. The guy has always been a solid cover guy but never garnered the respect he deserved. He even did well with both the Broncos' and 49ers' transition to the 3-4 defense so he'd be a good fit with us. Also, if we're going by trades I would take a look at Ike Taylor from the Pittsburgh Steelers. I don't know why many Steelers' fans are bashing the guy after the '09 season. Some even want him gone from the team. Maybe it's because he was exposed after the loss of Troy Polamalu but I'd still give him a shot. He'd even come cheap too as Pittsburgh probably won't want much in return.

OP
OP
zimbabwe

zimbabwe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I totally forgot dre. He is a stud just when your playing next to champ its easy to get picked on.... I would love to see dre or will... According to nfl.com hes still a UFA make sense to me since IMO vonte davis and sean smith will be best tandem in NFL next season or the following...

Dre could come in and do well in the 3-4 as will Allen coming from MIA..

Also i brought up Ken because hes flexible and is not shy about tackling.. I rather have a complete defender than one that stays within their comfort zone.. Classic woodson over revis.. LOLOLOL

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I totally forgot dre. He is a stud just when your playing next to champ its easy to get picked on.... I would love to see dre or will... According to nfl.com hes still a UFA make sense to me since IMO vonte davis and sean smith will be best tandem in NFL next season or the following...

Dre could come in and do well in the 3-4 as will Allen coming from MIA..

Also i brought up Ken because hes flexible and is not shy about tackling.. I rather have a complete defender than one that stays within their comfort zone.. Classic woodson over revis.. LOLOLOL

That's a good way of looking at it, look for the guy that fits your scheme the best. That's the way I look at it whenever we discuss a possible FA for the Packers. Take Cromartie for example, almost 90% of Packer nation was on the bandwagon for the trade and once it did happen, people were bashing TT for not making the trade since the asking price was so low. However you can't forget that Cromartie blatantly threw his D-Coordinator under the bus by saying "we played too much zone." The packers do the same thing, so if Cromartie didn't like playing that type of coverage over there, what makes people think he'd like it over here?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me, now that there's a probable problem with our secondary, the answer is trade for someone. And that someone is Richard Marshall...

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lotta good ideas here. I like em all.

But here's the sad reality: Ted will do none of any of your ideas.
Ted will stick with what he has.
He would rather roll the dice on Josh Bell than trade for any of those guys, or sign them even if they were cheap. Ted likes his own fresh meat, not someone elses discarded meat.

There are very few exceptions.

OP
OP
zimbabwe

zimbabwe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me, now that there's a probable problem with our secondary, the answer is trade for someone. And that someone is Richard Marshall...

AMEN!!! I started a thread about that guy... Im all the way for that... And you know what the panthers need linemen, they lost peppers, their franchise NT is mulling an injury and they didnt address their front four in the draft they went all secondary and WR.... I think Pickett or Jolly would go along way for their team. They are built around run defense.. Atari could help them also they lost Harris and need a punishing hitter... OFF lineman Colledge can help them and since hes crying like a baby for having a 1 yr deal it would be win-win for both teams...Hes proven talent with an convenient expiration day..

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can't trade bigby without knowing what kind of investment you have in our other safeties, especially Burnett. Yea he has looked pretty good in shorts and a shirt, but once the pads come on and he has to hit somebody it's a completely different story.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be happy with a trade for Marshall, I woulda also like us to get a nice vet like Dre Bly, I like him a lot, and I think he would do well here..

dtracy7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Underwood will probably get suspended for a game or two. But he is not going anywhere unless he gets into trouble again.

Members online