Poppinga Remains

Status
Not open for further replies.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are saying that Poppinga will maintain his starting linebacker position even though he has struggled in pass coverage.

This does not bode well for Mondays game against the Eagles.
The top two receivers for the Eagles are their Tight End and their Running Back.

I'm thinkin Popp is going to get picked on pretty regularly in this game and if he is not up to the task, every game from here on out.

Hopefully Brady can turn things around regarding his pass coverage problems this week. If he does this will help the Packer defense immensely and will be another positive step forward.

This kid is one of the hardest working Green Bay Packers and does not accept mediocrity lightly. He has the speed, strength, ability and brains to take a big stride; lets hope that he has a breakout week and helps the Packers beat the Eagles.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moss says Poppinga is loaded with talent and they don't feel he will reach his potential from the sideline. He was not able to practice in the pre-season with the injury so hopefully with each game he will get better. Hawk with the pre-season and three games under his belt is much further along now than he was at the start.

Poppinga has a son. His name is Julius Maximus Poppinga named after the Gladiator.

His had some rough moments but I think he is going to be a great LB for us.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not real sure why you throught the son part in .... but i thank you.

my first born son (even though MGM Grand technically owns the rights to it, and may want naming rights) will be named Julius Maximus. Either that or Magnus Maximus

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
UGGGGHHHHHH

If this is because Popps is starting, I feel ya pain. I think its time to give Ben Taylor a start for atleast a game or two and see the difference. Maybe that'll pound it into Popps head even harder how important pass coverage is as a LB.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
Moss says Poppinga is loaded with talent and they don't feel he will reach his potential from the sideline. He was not able to practice in the pre-season with the injury so hopefully with each game he will get better. Hawk with the pre-season and three games under his belt is much further along now than he was at the start.

Poppinga has a son. His name is Julius Maximus Poppinga named after the Gladiator.

His had some rough moments but I think he is going to be a great LB for us.

I agree with you. Although I think Taylor is currently better, I think Poppinga has a chance to be very solid.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

my first born son (even though MGM Grand technically owns the rights to it, and may want naming rights) will be named Julius Maximus. Either that or Magnus Maximus

Just thought it was pretty cool when I read that. Says something about the guys mind set.

I know the patience is running a little thin but can understand with no pre-season under his belt the mistakes in coverage. I'm sure Moss feels he needs the PT to get where he wants him to be. He obviously isn't going to get better at it over on the sidelines.

There's a guy on the Bears playing LB we obviously gave up on too early that's not bad. Wouldn't want to see that happen again. I just have this feeling that if Moss thought Taylor could do a whole lot better in coverage he would be out there more.
He was on the inside in the 3-4 where he came from. Not sure he could keep up with the TE's. He's obviously not showing it in practice to the extent they want him in there.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
Packnic said:

Just thought it was pretty cool when I read that. Says something about the guys mind set.

I know the patience is running a little thin but can understand with no pre-season under his belt the mistakes in coverage. I'm sure Moss feels he needs the PT to get where he wants him to be. He obviously isn't going to get better at it over on the sidelines.

There's a guy on the Bears playing LB we obviously gave up on too early that's not bad. Wouldn't want to see that happen again. I just have this feeling that if Moss thought Taylor could do a whole lot better in coverage he would be out there more.
He was on the inside in the 3-4 where he came from. Not sure he could keep up with the TE's. He's obviously not showing it in practice to the extent they want him in there.

Than I guess we better find someone who can. I am so tired of seeing Poppinga getting toasted. If Taylor can't fill in get rid of his *** to. We have so many problems on Defense. Manual needs to find a spot on the bench as well, hell the whole secondary should be benched. Wheres all this depth that we supposedly have?

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They're probably gonna start phasing him out a little bit with Taylor.

That's what they said on the radio anyways.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:

Why Phase him out? Yank his *** and give Taylor a chance.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Yared-Yam said:

Why Phase him out? Yank his *** and give Taylor a chance.

Finally, he says something worth reading.

I totally agree. He's had what three games now? Not enough improvement to retain his position. Give a few games for Taylor and see how he improves and use the better of the two for the last half of the season.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Finally, he says something worth reading.

I totally agree. He's had what three games now? Not enough improvement to retain his position. Give a few games for Taylor and see how he improves and use the better of the two for the last half of the season.

They'll probably wait till the Bye week I would think. That's where most stuff happens right? RIGHT?

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now I'm for yanking Manuel and Poppinga. More so Manuel in favor of Culver. Rookie mistakes ya say? Yeah Manuel is making his share of rookie mistakes and he isn't a rookie. At least Culver has the speed to recover whereas Manuel doesn't. I see why they use the nickle packages soooooo much in GB now.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
Right now I'm for yanking Manuel and Poppinga. More so Manuel in favor of Culver. Rookie mistakes ya say? Yeah Manuel is making his share of rookie mistakes and he isn't a rookie. At least Culver has the speed to recover whereas Manuel doesn't. I see why they use the nickle packages soooooo much in GB now.

In the preseason I said that Culver will start ahead of Manuel by week six. Hopefully it is sooner, but I doubt it. TT put alot of money into the Manuel signing. The rest of the league questioned it and I think TT wants to prove he's right, because what I've seen the first 3 weeks Manuel doesn't belong in the NFL.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
I think TT wants to prove he's right, because what I've seen the first 3 weeks Manuel doesn't belong in the NFL.

He cut this years 4th rd pick. I think he would have kept him if thats what his main concern was.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Cory said:

In the preseason I said that Culver will start ahead of Manuel by week six. Hopefully it is sooner, but I doubt it. TT put alot of money into the Manuel signing. The rest of the league questioned it and I think TT wants to prove he's right, because what I've seen the first 3 weeks Manuel doesn't belong in the NFL.

yeah TT wants to prove he's right. He's a very proud man. That's why he cut Cory Rodgers....one of his draft picks from THIS F'N year.

but...good try.

I agree with you, Gak.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, it's either

A. What DePack has suggested

or

B. Poor coaching with an inability to make the needed change.

Whatever the case the guy is a a liability week after week and he keeps starting, similar to Manual

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
or

C. Giving a talented young man a chance to step up his game.

If players didnt produce or do great right away, and were benched, do you know how many great superstars we would have missed out on in sports?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Cory said:

JSOnline article excerpt:

The coaching staff has already made noticeable promotions and demotions with the offensive line.

This week, a veteran fullback, William Henderson, may be asked to pass the baton to an up and coming player. Defensive lineman Colin Cole was the starter in Week 1 and inactive in Week 3.

Such recent team history suggests the Packers are willing to bench anyone. And that says volumes about second-year linebacker Brady Poppinga.

---------------------------------------------------------

But yeah, TT just wants to show he's right...swing and a miss, depack.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
DePack said:
Cory said:

JSOnline article excerpt:

The coaching staff has already made noticeable promotions and demotions with the offensive line.

This week, a veteran fullback, William Henderson, may be asked to pass the baton to an up and coming player. Defensive lineman Colin Cole was the starter in Week 1 and inactive in Week 3.

Such recent team history suggests the Packers are willing to bench anyone. And that says volumes about second-year linebacker Brady Poppinga.

---------------------------------------------------------

But yeah, TT just wants to show he's right...swing and a miss, depack.

No clearly TT is showing desperation. Bringing a guy off your practice squad in week 4 without injuries shows the lack of DEPTH on this team

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
and its said Green Bay Packers have the best fans ... they never read this board before making that statement.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
clearly desperation?

Clearly we have Ben Taylor as well, but clearly they like Poppinga, if you would read that JSOnline article, you would know what I am talking about.

clearly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts