Poor, poor Stealers

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
With the way this game is going in New England, I wonder what the Stealers are thinking right now. They were only one play away from a match-up with the Patriots. Do you suppose they're thinking they would have been better opponents for Brady and Co?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the way this game is going in New England, I wonder what the Stealers are thinking right now. They were only one play away from a match-up with the Patriots. Do you suppose they're thinking they would have been better opponents for Brady and Co?
I suspect that they are probably thinking of this season behind them and are thinking about next season instead or thoughts along the lines of "If only I had done this play differently..." of the Broncos game.

I would have expected the Pats to beat the Stealers and would have been surprised, as I was at the Bronco's OT win, if the Stealers would have won.
49ers showed they wanted it more.
Broncos did against the Stealers and the Pats are just showing, as always, who is best in the AFC.

I'm still not sure who would play the Pack but a Brady/Rodgers matchup could be epic if the Packers won.

DOCTORAPK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. I think Packers/Packers match would be great. I was just thinking how sad the Broncos looked tonight and wonder if the better team in fact advanced.

I don't know if the better team won...but what matters.....
...is that the team that scores the most points and wins the game advances...

....and good ole'Tebow and the boys beat 'em.

If you get on NFL.com check out Ben Roethlisberger's post-game news conference. He's wearing this hat straight out of the 50's that looks like it belonged to a 10 year old kid before he got a hold of it. Anyways, Big Ben seems to be having a hard time saying that Tebow beat them. It's like he's saying that "we beat ourselves."

...well, in a fashion...you could say that...

...but Ben ....it was the Denver Bronco players who were scoring Denver's points....

DOCTORAPK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suspect that they are probably thinking of this season behind them and are thinking about next season instead or thoughts along the lines of "If only I had done this play differently..." of the Broncos game.

I would have expected the Pats to beat the Stealers and would have been surprised, as I was at the Bronco's OT win, if the Stealers would have won.
49ers showed they wanted it more.
Broncos did against the Stealers and the Pats are just showing, as always, who is best in the AFC.

I'm still not sure who would play the Pack but a Brady/Rodgers matchup could be epic if the Packers won.

oooohh FF...be careful what you might wish for ...it could happen...

Personally I think a match-up between Rodgers and TJ Yates would be more to my liking:cautious:

OP
OP
GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
I don't know if the better team won...but what matters.....
...is that the team that scores the most points and wins the game advances...

....and good ole'Tebow and the boys beat 'em.

If you get on NFL.com check out Ben Roethlisberger's post-game news conference. He's wearing this hat straight out of the 50's that looks like it belonged to a 10 year old kid before he got a hold of it. Anyways, Big Ben seems to be having a hard time saying that Tebow beat them. It's like he's saying that "we beat ourselves."

...well, in a fashion...you could say that...

...but Ben ....it was the Denver Bronco players who were scoring Denver's points....
Ben's season was sort of like a slow train wreck. Maybe his team would have done better if he would have sat on the bench and tended to his ankle rather than his pride.
Anyway, Ben is now history for another season.
And as for his fashion sense? You can put lipstick on a pig....

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Even though I think it could have been a blown call on the Tebow TD in the Steelers game, I think it was KARMA hitting the Steelers back. No team in the last decade has had more calls go their way than Pittsburgh...

Some people argue New England, but the Pats didn't have the refs to pull them out of a Super Bowl they were bound to lose. There is NO WAY IN HELL Pittsburgh would have beat the Seahawks without the help of the officials blowing calls in that game. Anyone that reads stat books knows that for a fact. I also think the Steelers had a lot of help beating a 9-7 Cardinals team that they were heavily favored against. 11 penalties for 105 yards, don't think that didn't help the Stealers beat Kurt Warner in the twilight of his career.

I have never in my life seen a team get more calls their way than Pittsburgh. Even last year I felt the refs were coming out of the woodwork to screw Green bay after the 14-0 point lead, IMMEDIATELY after that play, flags were everywhere. The refs also helped them beat a crappy Dolphins team that year and without that win, Baltimore would have won the division.

I'm probably the worst person on this board as far as hating all the hype Tebow gets, but it's about ******* time that the Steelers get screwed by the refs so their arrogant classless fans know how every fan in the NFL feels when they see the Pittsburgh get lucky with every call, including 2 Super Bowls.

Members online

Latest posts