Ponder to start against the Packers

tstej

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After watching Ponder play vs the Bears, I think the Vikings are better with Ponder at qb. With McNabb I guess that isn't saying a whole lot though.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think he will be as good as McNabb could be or as bad as McNabb could be. McNabb could be lights out or a total dog...you just never know. Probably not going to be a great day for Ponder though.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
poor Ponder mince meat after the d-line has its way, my guess is he will be giving AP the ball a lot, so he doesn't get crushed.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Bad move, I think McNabb is a better Packer counter, but he can ponder why he was benched while the Packers blow past Ponder.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I don't think he will be as good as McNabb could be or as bad as McNabb could be. McNabb could be lights out or a total dog...you just never know. Probably not going to be a great day for Ponder though.
You obviously didn't watch the game Sunday night. McNabb throws balls into the ground in front of his WR's.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of the 3 QBs from the Bears game, Ponder did the best. I like McNabb, but even I have to admit he's not doing well with the Vikings. Maybe the Vikings are starting Ponder because they think he'll give them the best chance. Hopefully he doesn't get munched out there.

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, Capers is going to rush the rookie alot. This may be a big game for clay.

Especially with the O-lineman going down. Poor Vikings. Ponder is quick, though, so look for him to get some rushing yards. I'm curious if he has accuracy on the run. If he does, this may create some problems--until the 2nd quarter and on, when Capers dials up a new plan and we destroy them both defensively AND offensively.

I am going to be at this game with my wife (her first Packers game). She is concerned that it will be boring because it will be a blowout. I ensured her that I have been to blowouts and as long as you're on the winning side, it just seems to get sweeter and sweeter.

Reaction score
"McNabb throws balls into the ground in front of his WR's". He has been doing this throughout his 12 years in the league.
He has only had 3 better passing percentage years than this season (this season so far). What was Minnesota thinking?
Donovan was immediately going to be great because he is now a Viking. LOL they actually do believe this!
Trapped

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
"McNabb throws balls into the ground in front of his WR's". He has been doing this throughout his 12 years in the league.
He has only had 3 better passing percentage years than this season (this season so far). What was Minnesota thinking?
Donovan was immediately going to be great because he is now a Viking. LOL they actually do believe this!
Trapped

That is true of McNabb. He did it in Philly and it drove me nuts. If he got nervous, hurried or harassed, he'd just ground the ball on the field. He did it to the Redskins, I remember watching one of the games and hearing the commentators remark on it.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Talk about throwing him into the lions den. (That would of been punny had he been playing the lions)

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I don't understand this.

Why do you start a rookie against a divisional opponent that's undefeated and the defending Super Bowl Champions at that, just to make your fans happy?

That's also the problem in Denver. If you look at Tim Tebow WITHOUT his college stats, personality, and all that, he deserves to be a 3rd string quarterback. Instead that kid has such a massive fan base that just demands him to be the starter because, well they think he is god like, and by the looks of it in Denver, they obviously are only starting him for that one reason; since he's not an accurate passer.

McNabb did not do that bad vs the Bears, without much protection, he was 19/24. Ponder was 9/17 which is barely 50%.

Dumb move I think. The kid needs more time on the bench to learn, but I want to thank Minnesota for throwing him out to a team that is going to slaughter him.

D

Derps

I don't understand this.

Why do you start a rookie against a divisional opponent that's undefeated and the defending Super Bowl Champions at that, just to make your fans happy?

That's also the problem in Denver. If you look at Tim Tebow WITHOUT his college stats, personality, and all that, he deserves to be a 3rd string quarterback. Instead that kid has such a massive fan base that just demands him to be the starter because, well they think he is god like, and by the looks of it in Denver, they obviously are only starting him for that one reason; since he's not an accurate passer.

McNabb did not do that bad vs the Bears, without much protection, he was 19/24. Ponder was 9/17 which is barely 50%.

Dumb move I think. The kid needs more time on the bench to learn, but I want to thank Minnesota for throwing him out to a team that is going to slaughter him.

I agree with this take. Although I think the Vikings are doing this just to see what they have in Ponder....they are already looking at next years draft.

Furthermore you should never bow down to the fans...like the Packer fanbase who wanted TT and McCarthy fired and booed Rodgers in traning camp. Now they leap to their defense at the slightest attack. Packers orginzation did it right not listening to the fickle fanbase.

Members online