Ponder’s mindset is to take starting job

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
It sounds like Cam Newton is working like crazy at the IMG Training Academy, but he made a point to say he has no timeline about earning Carolina’s starting job. Vikings rookie Christian Ponder doesn’t feel the same way. “My view is that I was picked No. 12, they believe in me, and I believe…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
It sounds like Ponders has a "winning" mindset. I wonder how long it will take for that to die in Minnesota.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
As insane as it sounds to start him, I honestly don't see the Vikings having much of a choice. Who the hell are they going to get to play QB? What are they gonna try to lure Favre back? They could of drafted a veteran or at least a QB with a little more experience but I think they actually made the right choice here. They have to think long term goals instead of the present, here and now, a methodology that has failed them for years. Ponders first few years may be rough, he will be introduced very quickly to the defenses of the NFC north, none the least of which are the Packers. But I think, long term, Ponder is their guy. It will be fun to watch our D have some fun with him first, though! ;) Welcome to hell, Ponder. Enjoy your stay!

Members online