Reaction score
Really happy with the kids in the secondary

Lang did a great job in replace of Bulaga

Cobb and Jones. Outstanding

Running game appeared

Bye week comes at a great time for us

Negatives:

Injuries...again

Play calling. Can we get a third and 1 call that works?

Crosby missing again

All in all we are 6-3. Lot's of guys in sick bay.
Studs I am agreement but__ Duds needs additions----too this..
(1) D-backs (always predictable, and always giving up big plays at the crucial times)
(2)D-Backs Coach (Does anyone teach TACKLING anymore (3)The play calling on (2) third down plays, when the run game may of gained a first down.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: the First Half, Randall Cobb, James Jones, the running game of Rodgers/Cobb/Green/Starks

Duds: the Second Half, MM's insistence on going conservative int he 2nd half with a lead, the non-existent pass rush after Clay went out against the worst OL in the NFL, Mason Crosby

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
^ I agree with you.

MM takes his foot off the gas way to often. I don't understand that.....is he trying to be sportsman like? That crap is for pee-wee football.....once we have a foot on their throats, keep pushing down !!!! end of the game and your going to kneel it down from 2 yard out.....3 times....C'mon man....Punch that into the endzone and drive that dagger in deeper. We were given a gift with that muffed punt, cash in I say.

Think it was a dumb idea to start Nelson, now he has a new injury to deal with.
Crosby needs to be put under the microscope.....that's how many games in a row??
Arod was a stud, 4 TD game
Cobb, are we lucky to have this guy or what?
J Jones, wow, wht a catch, he has really stepped up.
Our D line really doesn't do jack **** without clay in there, zero pressure with him out

Overall happy with the results, should been 41 - 17 but a missed FG and some crazy kneel downs at the goal line took that away.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^ I agree with you.

MM takes his foot off the gas way to often. I don't understand that.....is he trying to be sportsman like? That crap is for pee-wee football.....once we have a foot on their throats, keep pushing down !!!! end of the game and your going to kneel it down from 2 yard out.....3 times....C'mon man....Punch that into the endzone and drive that dagger in deeper. We were given a gift with that muffed punt, cash in I say.

Think it was a dumb idea to start Nelson, now he has a new injury to deal with.
Crosby needs to be put under the microscope.....that's how many games in a row??
Arod was a stud, 4 TD game
Cobb, are we lucky to have this guy or what?
J Jones, wow, wht a catch, he has really stepped up.
Our D line really doesn't do jack **** without clay in there, zero pressure with him out

Overall happy with the results, should been 41 - 17 but a missed FG and some crazy kneel downs at the goal line took that away.

Its not like he re injured his old injury. If he reinjured the hammy then I would say its a bad idea. But you would rather not play a healthy guy to avoid him getting hurt in the middle of the year? It was a freak thing where he rolled his own ankle. They didn't send him in for xrays and he was back in cleats walking around after his first round of ice. You cant play this game trying not to get hurt.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud jBush for getting muffed punt,D-line without Clay I thought did okay they kept them from scoring in the end,I agree about Crosby he needs to fiqure out what he is doing wrong even the kicks he scores on you never know there so close to being knocked out,by the hitting the post does he close his eyes or something maybe he needs glasses.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another win with a mediocre performance, and ugly wins count just as much as pretty ones. The offense better get it together if the defense is going to give up 300+ yds/game to terrible QBs. Bottom line: we will win the division and hope we're clicking on both sides of the ball at playoff time.

Reaction score
My studs and duds from what I saw at the game.

Studs-
Aaron Rodgers- was on and off with throw accuracy but he made up with it with some sweet touchdown passes.
Running Game- Hats go off to everyone. Starks and Green totaled up and combines to be a 100 yard rushed. That is all I could have asked for
Cobb- All purpose today. Just awesome
James Jones- Did great today
Brad Jones- Awesome stopping the run bad at covering. Since he is usually a backup he gets a break he is a stud today
D-Line 2 sacks from neal and mike daniels and stopping the run all game
Hayward- Broke up a couple passes, made some nice tackles and popped the ball in the air for walden to catch
Walden- nice catch

Duds-
Crosby- missed what else can i say
Secondary(overall) I thought they were not good today. Defense stopped them on early downs and had favorable down and distances but could not execute.
3rd and short running- Got stuffed. Didn't execute

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

James Jones - he keeps getting open and catches the ball. You have to hand it to the guy, he is definitely patient.

Rodgers - the heads up fumble recovery was a key turning point. Pin point accurate most of the time.

Casey Hayward - we are seeing a future probowl corner blossoming. This kid is the real deal.

Clay Matthews - before going out with an injury he was blasting through the line, wreaking havoc.

Evan Dietrich Smith - came in and did a great job in spot duty.

Eric Walden - he continues to play a vital role on the defensive side of the ball.

Cobb - a star is born. This kid has got some serious wheels and hands.

Duds:

Ryan Pickett - with Raji being doubled, he couldnt shed or push one guy to get pressure. Needs to be used only on 1st down, or in running situations, as he has little pash rushing value.

Mason Crosby - at what point do you start to wonder if this is more than just a short term problem. Longwell needs to come out of retirement.

Referees - the helmet to helmet on Cobb was obvious.

Tramon Williams - learn how to cover and tackle.

All in all, it is time to lick wounds and heal. You have to admire how the reserves have stepped up, now get healthy and defensively start looking like a playoff team. With this D in its current state, it could be a repeat of last year in the playoffs. I expect the defense to improve in 2 weeks time. If they do not, it'll be another year of one and done.
First of all, I own the trademark rights to Studs/Duds - my attorney will be in touch.

2ndly Pickett isn't a dud - his purpose is to hold the LOS and he does that very well. I agree he shouldn't be in there in passing downs, but that is a coaching thing.

3rdly: Heyward/Jones. What is funner, seeing a rookie show he's going to be a stud, or a 'good' veteran finally turning it up a notch and becoming impactful? Its good to be a Packer fan.

STUDS: Schedule maker. This bye week is much needed right now.

DUDS: My attorney - said I have no case. Nevermind on the trademark infringement stuff.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Its not like he re injured his old injury. If he reinjured the hammy then I would say its a bad idea. But you would rather not play a healthy guy to avoid him getting hurt in the middle of the year? It was a freak thing where he rolled his own ankle. They didn't send him in for xrays and he was back in cleats walking around after his first round of ice. You cant play this game trying not to get hurt.

I know it's a new injury, but he was already a "game time desicion" to play, which means he was not 100%, now we don't know if this will be a nagging injury as well.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: definitely MM, being conservative will come and bite him in the ****....again. WE have the best qb in the league but he would rather sit on a 14 point lead. Almost cost us again.

Third down defense: It was crappy as usual. What are these guy's doing? i mean seriously? do they wanna come off the field?

Mason Crosby: Not buying any excuses for him, all he does is kick at practice! i just pray we don't need him to win a game. I will have to turn the tv off everytime i see him...he annoys me that much.

Wr's: They catch the tough ones and drop the routine ones. they need to ddicate an attire day to just throwing and catching.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
^ yup!!! That 3rd down "prevent" rush 3 guys crap is getting WAAAAYYYYY to old. Skelton had one of his best days, statistically. That 2 weeks in a row now that a sub-par QB has come in and made our Defense look lost, we got burned badly in the wide open zone scheme.....too many big holes exposed on 3rd and longs. That will kill us against someone like Eli and the Giants.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
^ I agree with you.

MM takes his foot off the gas way to often. I don't understand that.....is he trying to be sportsman like?

Crabs TD was at end of 3rd...I consider that not conservative

1st and 10 on their 42 with 6:30 to go..Almost a 7 step drop and Rodgers threw it about 30 yards in the air

Do you not consider those situations conservative?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The Defense. I agree with the previous poster. Why does the Pack D make mediocre QBs look good?

I think what we see a lot of times from the Green Bay defense is them playing soft, because we have a lead. They don't want to give up the home run and are willing to give up the short (that sometimes turn into long) plays. You may have also noticed that Skelton was excellent yesterday at finding guys that were open and in between our linebackers and safeties, we were just fortunate that Fitzgerald seemed to be the only one who could catch the ball.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^ yup!!! That 3rd down "prevent" rush 3 guys crap is getting WAAAAYYYYY to old. Skelton had one of his best days, statistically. That 2 weeks in a row now that a sub-par QB has come in and made our Defense look lost, we got burned badly in the wide open zone scheme.....too many big holes exposed on 3rd and longs. That will kill us against someone like Eli and the Giants.

I pointed this out during the game yesterday. It was 3rd and 7 and we were lined up in a way that at least showed that pressure was coming. Ari false start 3rd and 12. The pack comes back out lines up and rush 3 guys and voila there just happens to be a gaping hole in the zone right at the 1st down line. Its a strange feeling to think that your teams has a better shot of stopping 3rd and 4 - 3rd and 8 than 3rd and 10+

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I pointed this out during the game yesterday. It was 3rd and 7 and we were lined up in a way that at least showed that pressure was coming. Ari false start 3rd and 12. The pack comes back out lines up and rush 3 guys and voila there just happens to be a gaping hole in the zone right at the 1st down line. Its a strange feeling to think that your teams has a better shot of stopping 3rd and 4 - 3rd and 8 than 3rd and 10+
it's like that stupid psycho formation we used in some playoff game (cant remember what game) where we only rushed 1 or 2 and dropped everyone else back and the other team converted 3 and long.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
(2)D-Backs Coach (Does anyone teach TACKLING anymore?)
We talking CB or S? We have a different coach for each. S coach Perry is more than solid, he coached some of the best safeties in the league (Polamalu, Branch) their first few years. CB Coach Whitt teaches batting the guys legs SMH.

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crosby has had a slump before. I think he can come out of this. Are both his holder and snapper the same as last year? That can make a big difference.

Members online

Latest posts