1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Plussess and Minuses Arizona Game

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by 13 Times Champs, Nov 4, 2012.

1. melvin dangerr

melvin dangerr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +87 / 10 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    Studs I am agreement but__ Duds needs additions----too this..
    (1) D-backs (always predictable, and always giving up big plays at the crucial times)
    (2)D-Backs Coach (Does anyone teach TACKLING anymore (3)The play calling on (2) third down plays, when the run game may of gained a first down.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. melvin dangerr

melvin dangerr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +87 / 10 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    In our Eagerness to draft DB's the coaches forgot to teach them that Xand Os on a playbook doesn't mean hugs and kisses....
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +388 / 7 / -0
    Studs: the First Half, Randall Cobb, James Jones, the running game of Rodgers/Cobb/Green/Starks

Duds: the Second Half, MM's insistence on going conservative int he 2nd half with a lead, the non-existent pass rush after Clay went out against the worst OL in the NFL, Mason Crosby
  4. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan USMC4EVER

Ratings:
    +1,191 / 74 / -16
    Packer Fan Since:
    ^ I agree with you.

MM takes his foot off the gas way to often. I don't understand that.....is he trying to be sportsman like? That crap is for pee-wee football.....once we have a foot on their throats, keep pushing down !!!! end of the game and your going to kneel it down from 2 yard out.....3 times....C'mon man....Punch that into the endzone and drive that dagger in deeper. We were given a gift with that muffed punt, cash in I say.

Think it was a dumb idea to start Nelson, now he has a new injury to deal with.
    Crosby needs to be put under the microscope.....that's how many games in a row??
    Arod was a stud, 4 TD game
    Cobb, are we lucky to have this guy or what?
    J Jones, wow, wht a catch, he has really stepped up.
    Our D line really doesn't do jack sh!t without clay in there, zero pressure with him out

Overall happy with the results, should been 41 - 17 but a missed FG and some crazy kneel downs at the goal line took that away.
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +619 / 14 / -10
    let me bookmark this for the end of the season. chill out broski.
  6. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211 / 7 / -2
    Its not like he re injured his old injury. If he reinjured the hammy then I would say its a bad idea. But you would rather not play a healthy guy to avoid him getting hurt in the middle of the year? It was a freak thing where he rolled his own ankle. They didn't send him in for xrays and he was back in cleats walking around after his first round of ice. You cant play this game trying not to get hurt.
  7. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +47 / 4 / -0
    Stud jBush for getting muffed punt,D-line without Clay I thought did okay they kept them from scoring in the end,I agree about Crosby he needs to fiqure out what he is doing wrong even the kicks he scores on you never know there so close to being knocked out,by the hitting the post does he close his eyes or something maybe he needs glasses.
  8. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +700 / 16 / -0
    Another win with a mediocre performance, and ugly wins count just as much as pretty ones. The offense better get it together if the defense is going to give up 300+ yds/game to terrible QBs. Bottom line: we will win the division and hope we're clicking on both sides of the ball at playoff time.
  9. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154 / 9 / -2
    My studs and duds from what I saw at the game.

Studs-
    Aaron Rodgers- was on and off with throw accuracy but he made up with it with some sweet touchdown passes.
    Running Game- Hats go off to everyone. Starks and Green totaled up and combines to be a 100 yard rushed. That is all I could have asked for
    Cobb- All purpose today. Just awesome
    James Jones- Did great today
    Brad Jones- Awesome stopping the run bad at covering. Since he is usually a backup he gets a break he is a stud today
    D-Line 2 sacks from neal and mike daniels and stopping the run all game
    Hayward- Broke up a couple passes, made some nice tackles and popped the ball in the air for walden to catch
    Walden- nice catch

Duds-
    Crosby- missed what else can i say
    Secondary(overall) I thought they were not good today. Defense stopped them on early downs and had favorable down and distances but could not execute.
    3rd and short running- Got stuffed. Didn't execute
  10. AmishMafia

AmishMafia There's cheese under that hat

Ratings:
    +1,519 / 52 / -4
    First of all, I own the trademark rights to Studs/Duds - my attorney will be in touch.

2ndly Pickett isn't a dud - his purpose is to hold the LOS and he does that very well. I agree he shouldn't be in there in passing downs, but that is a coaching thing.

3rdly: Heyward/Jones. What is funner, seeing a rookie show he's going to be a stud, or a 'good' veteran finally turning it up a notch and becoming impactful? Its good to be a Packer fan.

STUDS: Schedule maker. This bye week is much needed right now.

DUDS: My attorney - said I have no case. Nevermind on the trademark infringement stuff.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan USMC4EVER

Ratings:
    +1,191 / 74 / -16
    Packer Fan Since:

I know it's a new injury, but he was already a "game time desicion" to play, which means he was not 100%, now we don't know if this will be a nagging injury as well.
  12. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +831 / 174 / -43
    Packer Fan Since:
    Duds: definitely MM, being conservative will come and bite him in the arse....again. WE have the best qb in the league but he would rather sit on a 14 point lead. Almost cost us again.

Third down defense: It was crappy as usual. What are these guy's doing? i mean seriously? do they wanna come off the field?

Mason Crosby: Not buying any excuses for him, all he does is kick at practice! i just pray we don't need him to win a game. I will have to turn the tv off everytime i see him...he annoys me that much.

Wr's: They catch the tough ones and drop the routine ones. they need to ddicate an attire day to just throwing and catching.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan USMC4EVER

Ratings:
    +1,191 / 74 / -16
    Packer Fan Since:
    ^ yup!!! That 3rd down "prevent" rush 3 guys crap is getting WAAAAYYYYY to old. Skelton had one of his best days, statistically. That 2 weeks in a row now that a sub-par QB has come in and made our Defense look lost, we got burned badly in the wide open zone scheme.....too many big holes exposed on 3rd and longs. That will kill us against someone like Eli and the Giants.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. burt packerack

burt packerack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    how bout only five yards of penalties for us.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,544 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:

Seriously? WOW
  16. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,544 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    Crabs TD was at end of 3rd...I consider that not conservative

1st and 10 on their 42 with 6:30 to go..Almost a 7 step drop and Rodgers threw it about 30 yards in the air

Do you not consider those situations conservative?
  17. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Ratings:
    +75 / 3 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    I think what we see a lot of times from the Green Bay defense is them playing soft, because we have a lead. They don't want to give up the home run and are willing to give up the short (that sometimes turn into long) plays. You may have also noticed that Skelton was excellent yesterday at finding guys that were open and in between our linebackers and safeties, we were just fortunate that Fitzgerald seemed to be the only one who could catch the ball.
  18. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211 / 7 / -2
    I pointed this out during the game yesterday. It was 3rd and 7 and we were lined up in a way that at least showed that pressure was coming. Ari false start 3rd and 12. The pack comes back out lines up and rush 3 guys and voila there just happens to be a gaping hole in the zone right at the 1st down line. Its a strange feeling to think that your teams has a better shot of stopping 3rd and 4 - 3rd and 8 than 3rd and 10+
    • Agree Agree x 3
  19. burt packerack

burt packerack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    it's like that stupid psycho formation we used in some playoff game (cant remember what game) where we only rushed 1 or 2 and dropped everyone else back and the other team converted 3 and long.
  20. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +585 / 13 / -0
    Don't forget Rodgers got 2 concussions in 2010 alone... That by itself is enough to be considered worse.
  21. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,021 / 54 / -6
    Packer Fan Since:
    We talking CB or S? We have a different coach for each. S coach Perry is more than solid, he coached some of the best safeties in the league (Polamalu, Branch) their first few years. CB Coach Whitt teaches batting the guys legs SMH.
  22. LZ13

LZ13 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86 / 6 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Crosby has had a slump before. I think he can come out of this. Are both his holder and snapper the same as last year? That can make a big difference.