Playoffs

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm trying to attack this question from a rational frame of mind, but after the pre-season game and this past week's game, I'm not sure how the outcome is any different.

We talk about match-ups (well, at least "I" do) and how certain teams really, really struggle against certain teams. Well, the Cards' 1st string offense STRUGGLED in the pre-season and they STRUGGLED last week. Exactly the same thing with the defense. My only question - as I try like hell to prepare a winning playoff FF team - is what is the actual probability that Whisenhunt actually didn't employ his full arsenal (in terms of game plan and personnel) in both contests?

The few things that worry me include Mac being basically a complete stooge when the game is BIG. He seems to freeze up and become befuddled in big games - especially when his initial game plan is stymied. Instead of adjusting and changing, he paces the sideline with an incredulous look on that fat head of his. Another worry is that this will be Rodgers first playoff game and ALL PLAYERS get nervous in this situation, especially on the road. Hopefully he doesn't freeze up like a statue and take too many sacks.

If anybody comments on my concerns, please try to remain homer-free and not post things like "I have a feeling Green Bay will win." I need tangible evidence to hang my hat on, so I can win some coinage!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The few things that worry me include Mac being basically a complete stooge when the game is BIG. He seems to freeze up and become befuddled in big games - especially when his initial game plan is stymied. Instead of adjusting and changing, he paces the sideline with an incredulous look on that fat head of his. Another worry is that this will be Rodgers first playoff game and ALL PLAYERS get nervous in this situation, especially on the road. Hopefully he doesn't freeze up like a statue and take too many sacks.
OK this brings up the following questions/thoughts.
1) It's not like Mike or some of the players have never been in this situation before. So I think he would learn from past mistakes and move on.
2) The Pack has played, and won, against the Cards twice before already so they have a very very good idea of what they're up against. Better than if they hadn't played them before.
3) A-Rod is surrounded by experience coaches and players. Sure he may get nervous but I think they will do all they can to prepare him for this to give him the confidence he needs. Plus he doesn't panic when he's in the pocket and get rid of the ball which leads to an Int, like the last QB GB.
Aaron does a very good job of keeping his cool.

Now here's my question: Besides Mike, are there any others on the coaching staff who has had playoff/SB experience?

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only people who I know of that has SB experience would be Charles Woodson (2002 with the Raiders) and Dom Capers and his defensive staff who went to the SB back in the 90's.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it matters whether the Cards showed anything in the two "pre-season" games we played against them this season, the same as it doesn't matter whether we showed anything. There's 15 other weeks of game films both sides have to look at, so anything we did or didn't do in both games this season isn't going to matter.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it matters whether the Cards showed anything in the two "pre-season" games we played against them this season, the same as it doesn't matter whether we showed anything. There's 15 other weeks of game films both sides have to look at, so anything we did or didn't do in both games this season isn't going to matter.

Pretty correct. Whichever team doesn't get weak in the knees will win.

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I couldn't agree with this more. I really feel like the Packers have failed time and time again to put teams away this year. Teams with good coaching ADJUST... and I just don't feel like the Packers offense can do that. I believe there are TWO keys to this game.

1) If the Packers get out to a lead, does the offense start going three and out. There has been at least three times this year when the Packers have gotten out to a big lead. After they get the lead, I don't know what happens but before you know it here come the three and outs. The defense spends a long time on the field and starts to crumble.

2) The play of the defense. The Bush/ Williams/ Bell side of the field has to at least hold Breaston or Boldin in check. Hopefully the Cardinals don't exploit this, but AJ Hawk can't run with any tight ends. Heath Miller torched him constantly when the Packers played Pittsburgh as did Greg Olson. Fortunately, I don't think the Cardinals have a high end TE.

I would like to think the Packers can win this game, but if the offense stalls... I will be worried. As always Go Pack Go.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boldin might not even play in the game, he was hurt during last weeks game. They've been saying on ESPN thats its not looking promising for Boldin to play.

they also said that Woodson could have gone back into the game last week but Mac kept him out, so he'll play.

PackerManLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tbh, I hope the packers aren't thinking like some of you. In being over confident, I think we are a better team and healthier, but I don't want them to come out to confident and get smacked in the mouth.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tbh, I hope the packers aren't thinking like some of you. In being over confident, I think we are a better team and healthier, but I don't want them to come out to confident and get smacked in the mouth.

Let's not forget the Tampa game.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score

lol yeah otherwise this might be a very disappointing post-season for both players and fans...

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I notice the line's gone down to "1" now - just as I had predicted.

Looks like it's gettin' a bit "warm" in Kenny W's desert. :)

Go Iggles and Pack!!!

SCpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im thinking we will be just fine. Im sure DRCs knee is still pretty sore and supposively Boldin has a sleight tear in his MCL which will prevent him from planting on that leg. We are going in pretty damn healthy and considering the momentum we have going into this game I wouldnt be surprised at all if it ends up just as bad as last week for them.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A vikings fan rooting for the Packers?

Actually, a "temporary" Vikings fan that prefers Minnesota to play Green Bay as opposed to Arizona, Philly or Dallas.

Then again, I was hoping the Packers got the Giants as their NFCCG opponent in 2007 and it turned out to be a complete nightmare match-up.

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
God I dont know who I want to win. One hand we could have the NFC CG in Lambeau (Eagles win) other hand it could be the most EPIC game in NFL History Farve vs Packers III in the NFC CG (Dallas win)

TheHeretic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmm that IS a tough one. However getting to serve up an ice cold plate of revenge to Favre and Co. is just toooo tasty an opportunity to pass up. As I write this the Coboys are up 24 to 7.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmm that IS a tough one. However getting to serve up an ice cold plate of revenge to Favre and Co. is just toooo tasty an opportunity to pass up. As I write this the Coboys are up 24 to 7.

yes but it could also be a nice large serving of disappointment :(

honestly i would rather not play the Vikings cause i dont want to lose to Favre a third time. winning would be AMAZING, but losing would be so much worse (to me atleast).

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Anything is possible. Laws of probability don't apply to professional football games. The better team on the field that day usually wins. The Tampa game?? Sheesh... take 'er back to Super Bowl 32 and tell me what it feels like to get punched in the nutz due to over confidence.

Latest posts