Playoffs? We should know within the month.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
their and your loss as it was the most watched cable show ever! These packerbackers on here keep saying how we only lost by 7 but really it was a beatdown in everybody elses mind other than Packer fans. Brett was hitting at 81% comp. rate through the first 3 qtrs so I doubt the packers defense had that problem figured out.

YES YOU OUT PLAYED THE PACKERS

Better?

You won by 7...Lee dropped a td pass

Thats a fact

Just as you lost by 10 with a bs penalty vs Pitt

See how it works?

ColtsSeahawks

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Packers are fully capable of making the playoffs. I will admitt I was one of those that totally bought into them in the pre season thinking they will go to the superbowl... Rodgers looked absolutely amazing in pre season....

They are now 4-2 but still look very good.... Yes they have some protection problems(although their o line looked solid the last couple weeks) But every team has some holes and problems.... Even the undefeated Colts cant run the ball if their life depended on it... Maybe with Brown but they never use him anyway getting off track.

Rodgers looks extremely good this year.... And with the receivers they have in Driver, Jennings etc... they should be able to at least get a wild card.

They do have a tough schedule ahead in

Minnesota
Dallas
San Fran
Baltimore
Pittsburgh
Seattle
Arizona
However I will say I think San Fran is completely over rated.... I thought so at the beginning of the year... They beat St Louis, and Seattle WITHOUT Hasselbeck... He was injured in the 2nd half and going into the 2nd half it was 13-10 a very close game... They beat Arizona but I really think it was more a case of Arizona playing bad then San Fran playing good, now they hit a tough patch of games and have lost all three.. So I think Packers beat them.

Most likely if Arizona knows they have won the division they will rest their starters and the Packers will win. Yes Dallas, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh will be very tough.....

But put it this way they are 4-2 right now.. So lets say worse comes to worse they lost to Minnesota, Dallas, Baltimore and Pittsburgh they will still have a 10-6 record which in my mind will be good enough to get a wild card spot.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
what part of the Vikings-packers 1 did you not see the Vikings shut the offense down? The game would of played and could of if the game was closer than 16 down with 3 minutes to go. I doubt Brett would not thrown a pass in the 4th qtr if it was a 7 pt lead. You guys made a nice comeback to make it look closer than it actually was. Fact is you have to win sunday and go on the road to tampa and win there while the Vikings are getting healthy for the packers to be tied for first. Lot of ifs in my mind.

i have to mention it again..

Vs the Pack you have a commanding lead and all of a sudden it looks like the D can not hold onto it..The following week vs the Ravens same exact thing, and by pure luck the kicker misses a relative easy FG for the Viks to win....

Then Pitts the offense this time falters at the end of the game..

3 weeks in a row something went wrong..

Just hope it is not a trend for your sake?

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Fact is you have to win sunday and go on the road to tampa and win there while the Vikings are getting healthy for the packers to be tied for first. Lot of ifs in my mind.

OR...

We could play all our back-ups, and still win against the bucks in tampa. Then our starters can go grab some bruski's with the vikes and get healthy. Everybody wins.

Edit: Grant isn't invited to the Bruski Party.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Better?

Thats a fact

See how it works?
Well I stand corrected, I guess the Packers are just better huh? You keep hanging on to that Moral victory as closing a blowout to within 7. LOL. your team got beatdown for 57 minutes but you did win the last 3 minutes though so good job on that.

DarkLink

Cheesehead
Reaction score
first of all, sorry for my english, but I'm italian so is not easy for me to join the discussion in a foreign language...anyway, feel free to underline my errors and mistakes :-p

so, according to to the topic, are we a playoffs team? well, let's check our schedules :

Vikings
at Tampa Bay
Dallas
San Francisco
at Detroit
Baltimore
at Chicago
at Pittsburgh
Seattle
at Arizona

assuming a 3-1 record against Seattle, San Francisco, Tampa Bay and Detroit (and that's very questionable, I won't be surprised if we'll get 4 W against these teams) we have still 6 games to play and at least 3 to win for a wild card spot:

Dallas
Baltimore
at Chicago
at Arizona
at Pittsburgh
next sunday against Minnesota

it would be very hard, but it's definitly possible especially if we consider that the last two games of RE are against NFC west teams, a division that won't have a wild card and that will be clinched by Arizona very soon, in my opinion.

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
their and your loss as it was the most watched cable show ever! These packerbackers on here keep saying how we only lost by 7 but really it was a beatdown in everybody elses mind other than Packer fans. Brett was hitting at 81% comp. rate through the first 3 qtrs so I doubt the packers defense had that problem figured out.

HAHA LOL, We dont have cable in the UK. Sky Sports gave us some really rubbish games to watch

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score

How can losing by 7 be a beatdown. What is a 48-0 defeat then? To lose by 7 points isnt that bad it means that we were close but not close enough.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Better?

Thats a fact

See how it works?
so can I use the Adrian peterson strip as an excuse for 7 of your points then? or the safety that almost was ruled a TD for the Vikings as an excuse?See how that works? Bottom line is vikings won and the packers lost:happy0005:

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
I dont see the connection between the AP strip and the DL drop. and the safety was an accurate call, just bad luck on the vikes. AP got stripped and the TD happened without controversy, not because he screwed up but because Mathews made a Big play. DL dropped the pass cause of his own msitake. So no, i dont see the connection.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How can losing by 7 be a beatdown. What is a 48-0 defeat then? To lose by 7 points isnt that bad it means that we were close but not close enough.
Funny since you didn't see the game and all. It was ugly for the Pack all game except the last 3 minutes against a prevent defense and Brett favre not shredding your defense with a commanding lead. Do you think Sharon Rodgers or Mrs. jared Allen would of kept airing it out with a big lead in the 4th qtr?:happy0005:

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont see the connection between the AP strip and the DL drop. and the safety was an accurate call, just bad luck on the vikes. AP got stripped and the TD happened without controversy, not because he screwed up but because Mathews made a Big play. DL dropped the pass cause of his own msitake. So no, i dont see the connection.
Pretty rare though for a fumble to be stripped and ran for 60 + yards when The Vikings were cramming the ball down the packers throats. The Big lead did alot to dictate how the Vikings played in the 4qtr. I am shocked that you don't see the game the same way everybody else in America saw it? Get serious we could talk about the what if's and what nots until were purple in the face and we are never going to agree. I saw The Vikings pound on the packers for all but about the last 3 minutes and so did the rest of the world. Vikings Won and packers lost so put any kind of spin on it you want and the results will remain the same.:happy0005:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I stand corrected, I guess the Packers are just better huh? You keep hanging on to that Moral victory as closing a blowout to within 7. LOL. your team got beatdown for 57 minutes but you did win the last 3 minutes though so good job on that.

wow I admit the Viks out played the Packers and said it 3 times....And yet you just need to flap your lips???

There was no moral victory at all there NEVER is...Show me where I said that?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everbody in America saw that we outplayed Piittsburg

Yet, Minnesota still lost, which is NOT the sign of a Super Bowl team, or a team destined to get very far in the playoffs, if they make them.

How can you expect reasonably intelligent members to converse with you when every argument you make is based off conjecture and speculation? The way in which you completely remove facts from arguments makes me think you still believe in Santa Claus. You Vikings' fans are a naive lot.

ColtsSeahawks

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny since you didn't see the game and all. It was ugly for the Pack all game except the last 3 minutes against a prevent defense and Brett favre not shredding your defense with a commanding lead. Do you think Sharon Rodgers or Mrs. jared Allen would of kept airing it out with a big lead in the 4th qtr?:happy0005:
I watched the entire game at the pub, and I really dont see how Minnesota absolutely dominated the game.... THey were up 30-14 which by the way is not a dominating score especially when your facing a good team like the Packers who can come back and almost did. The Vikings knew they were up but they sure didnt want the Packs coming back the way they did and if the on side kick went there way, who knows it could have went to over time.... You make out like Minnesota was up 41-7 or something.

Minnesota's defense got the best of Rodgers we all know that.... The protection was horrible and Rodgers had to scramble a ton and leave the pocket... Since then the O line looks to be improved not taking a sack once against the Browns. I wont lie Minnesota looked good, and yes they came away with the W because they played well on both sides of the ball... But it was a very close game and there was no dominations..... A game that ends with a one touchdown lead is not a domination.

Colts were kicking the crap out of the Seahawks and let them have 2 easy touchdowns to finish the game 34-17 now that is domination.

Its really to bad how poor the O line looked against Minnesota, I dont even know how many times Rodgers was sacked and under pressure. Minnesotas defense played extremely well and I think won them the game. Regardless that was a great game and it did come down to the final seconds (The onside kick)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Skol said

ramming it down their throats?

Last I check the Vikings could not run and the purple JESUS got the ball taken from him from a ROOKIE

that is not cramming it down their throats

Now this is where skol says I think the Packers are/were better and should have won..So let me stop ya now.

The Vikings were the BETTER team that night by far hands down..

Just couldnt run to well

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yet, Minnesota still lost, which is NOT the sign of a Super Bowl team, or a team destined to get very far in the playoffs, if they make them.

How can you expect reasonably intelligent members to converse with you when every argument you make is based off conjecture and speculation? The way in which you completely remove facts from arguments makes me think you still believe in Santa Claus. You Vikings' fans are a naive lot.
Speculation? All I am hearing about is what if and we almost won and I am the one speculating? LOL Hilda your killing me over here with your packer rhetoric. So the packers went undefeated in 96'? I guess I missed that about that team. It don't matter when you lose agame during the season and since only one team has ever gone onto a perfect season I find it hard to believe that one loss spells doom for a team. Well the Packers have lost twice so far is the superbowl out of reach for your packers? So I guess it will be NO and the Broncos or Colts since you have to go undefeated to win a SB with your theory.LOL Hilda you are my new Favorite on here!:happy0005:

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched the entire game at the pub, and I really dont see how Minnesota absolutely dominated the game.... THey were up 30-14 which by the way is not a dominating score especially when your facing a good team like the Packers who can come back and almost did. The Vikings knew they were up but they sure didnt want the Packs coming back the way they did and if the on side kick went there way, who knows it could have went to over time.... You make out like Minnesota was up 41-7 or something.

Minnesota's defense got the best of Rodgers we all know that.... The protection was horrible and Rodgers had to scramble a ton and leave the pocket... Since then the O line looks to be improved not taking a sack once against the Browns. I wont lie Minnesota looked good, and yes they came away with the W because they played well on both sides of the ball... But it was a very close game and there was no dominations..... A game that ends with a one touchdown lead is not a domination.

Colts were kicking the crap out of the Seahawks and let them have 2 easy touchdowns to finish the game 34-17 now that is domination.

Its really to bad how poor the O line looked against Minnesota, I dont even know how many times Rodgers was sacked and under pressure. Minnesotas defense played extremely well and I think won them the game. Regardless that was a great game and it did come down to the final seconds (The onside kick)
No it was two onside kicks so your dreaming. I am the speculating? wow you guys are hilarious:happy0005:

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A "Playoffs?" thread, and no mention of Jim Mora yet? (I couldn't resist!)
I agree this is an ignorant thread with the Pack still haveing to play 9 games yet.Sounds like speculation to me on the packerbackers side:happy0005:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree this is an ignorant thread with the Pack still haveing to play 9 games yet.Sounds like speculation to me on the packerbackers side:happy0005:

LOL

Better win the SB is all I say,or your season is a loss...Hope you can handle the disappointment

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The sun will rise the following day regardless if the Vikings finish 6-10 or 15-1 so really it is a game and since I have never predicted the Vikings to win the SB on any thread I will enjoy the season until the last minute!

Members online

Latest posts