Playoff situation, simplified

Cali Packer 14

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL! What's funny about this is that we still control our destiny! LOL! With that said... SKOL VIKINGS!

Exactly! We control our own destiny. We need to take care of business and just win these next 3 games (game by game). We win and we are in.

Continuing to talk about bulls*** losses to Washington, Miami, and Detroit will only frustrate me and everyone else about "where we should be." Unfortunately, we cannot do anything about them but put them in the back burner and move on. Let's hope that's what our boys' are doing too.

hopefully Aaron will be ok, the O bounces back, MM puts together great gameplans, and we take care of business! That way we don't have to cheer for the Vikqueens!

I know these next 3 will be tough, but we win and we're in! Go PACK Go!

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can anyone answer this question for me! After seeing some of you say the Packers control their own destiny, I tried out that thing on ESPN. Anyways, what I don't understand is how Green Bay is put in the playoffs when I simulate them and Tampa Bay winning out. I have the Giants finishing at 10-6, and the Bucs and Packers at 11-5. It gives the edge to the Packers, but if you look at the tiebreakers, it says to use conference record, which the Bucs would win.

The only thing I can think of is if it's based on rank in division, and the Packers would be second in their division and the Bucs would be third?!!!

Purplepeopleeater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL! I'd almost rather run my eyes through with red hot pokers but it just goes to show you what I'm willing to do for my team! I have to keep telling myself do it for the Packers, do it for the Packers.

Good luck to you guys. I hope you keep Jackson on as QB and develop him as I see a franchise QB in him, instead of looking for the next Favre and a bunch of dreams that will only come crashing down on your heads.

I am not a Tarvaris fan. I am hoping we do whatever we have to do to bring in the best free agent available next year. While we have the time, we need the best QB available with Peterson still around, and that's probably only about 2-3 more years. Our season is over, so since I absolutely hate Chicago fans, I'm now rooting for the Packers to win the division.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not a Tarvaris fan. I am hoping we do whatever we have to do to bring in the best free agent available next year. While we have the time, we need the best QB available with Peterson still around, and that's probably only about 2-3 more years. Our season is over, so since I absolutely hate Chicago fans, I'm now rooting for the Packers to win the division.

who do you think would be the best fit for QB in MN?

Reaction score
here is the espn playoff race and they actually give:

SOS: Strength of schedule
SOV: Strength of victory

looks like we are up there is we tie the giants or tampa. so that may be where everyone says we may get in on those 2 tie breakers

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOOK, we can still LOSE to New England, and GET THE #2 seed! Wow.

Here's what has to happen, and it call can. Will it? Probably not. But it can.
We lose to NE, beat NYG & Beat Chicago.
Minny beats Chicago next week in TCF Stadium. The Bears aren't that good, they can do it.

The NYG beat Philly.
Philly beats Minny.
Then Dallas beats Philly. That's a hard one.

Jets beat Chicago.

If that happens, there will be Atlanta or New Orleans winning their division and then the other with a great record as wildcard, and then the Packers, Bears, Giants, Eagles will all be 10-6, and the Packers will have the tiebreaker and the amazing #2 seed.

Just plugged it in here: 2010 NFL Playoff Machine - Simulate Matchups and Scenarios - ESPN

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Easiest way, win all 3 games, then it doesn't matter what anyone else does, we're in.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Minny beats Chicago next week in TCF Stadium. The Bears aren't that good, they can do it.

The NYG beat Philly.
Philly beats Minny.

Jets beat Chicago.

If that happens, there will be Atlanta or New Orleans winning their division and then the other with a great record as wildcard, and then the Packers, Bears, Giants, Eagles will all be 10-6, and the Packers will have the tiebreaker and the amazing #2 seed.

Just plugged it in here: 2010 NFL Playoff Machine - Simulate Matchups and Scenarios - ESPN
Ah yes.
It's that time of football season again where all the playoff scenerios come around and make my head spin.

Ya all can speculate all you want to.
I'm just gonna wait it out and see what happens.

Easiest way, win all 3 games, then it doesn't matter what anyone else does, we're in.
Simplified.
There ya go.
Thanx for stopping my spinning head.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah yes.
It's that time of football season again where all the playoff scenerios come around and make my head spin.

Ya all can speculate all you want to.
I'm just gonna wait it out and see what happens.

Simplified.
There ya go.
Thanx for stopping my spinning head.

You should be on another forum I wont mention

They got guys over there actually in week 9 talking about playoffs positions...To refresh memory, week 9 was the Dallas game the following week was @ Minnesota

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

The NYG beat Philly.
Philly beats Minny.

Jets beat Chicago.

I admire your optimism :)

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why does everyone keep saying the Packers control their own destiny for the playoffs? They don't have tiebreaker over the Bucs so they need the Bucs to lose one game.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why does everyone keep saying the Packers control their own destiny for the playoffs? They don't have tiebreaker over the Bucs so they need the Bucs to lose one game.
Yeah, they don't, that was kind of the original point of the thread.

But I don't think anyone is saying that.

I thought, by doing the playoff machine simulator, that there were clear scenarios for clinching or not clinching the playoffs.

But, due to strenght of schedule, there isn't. Our playoff spot doesn't depend solely on our rivals. It depends on the games of the teams we played against, and the teams they played against.

The way it has shaped, it's too dificult to point all the scenarios for us to clinch.

It'll probably be a lot clearer after this week...

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, they don't, that was kind of the original point of the thread.

But I don't think anyone is saying that.

I thought, by doing the playoff machine simulator, that there were clear scenarios for clinching or not clinching the playoffs.

But, due to strenght of schedule, there isn't. Our playoff spot doesn't depend solely on our rivals. It depends on the games of the teams we played against, and the teams they played against.

The way it has shaped, it's too dificult to point all the scenarios for us to clinch.

It'll probably be a lot clearer after this week...

The reason I thought that they win all 3 they are in, is because I plugged in Chicago winning next 2 and losing to GB, and it came up GB & Chicago and I was wrong, that changes with all the different scenarios. I guess easiest is to win all 3 and let nature takes it's course on the rest or my brain will blow up.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
YES!!!!!!!!

With the Bucs losing to the Lions, the Saints losing to the Ravens and the Giants losing to the Eagles, even if we lose against the Patriots, if we win against the Giants and Bears at home, we're in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally some luck!!!!!! Now we have to do our job!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually RS if I did it right (I know IF)

But Pack could lose tonight and next week and still make it...But need help that way...Tampa is the key that way they would have to lose to NO last game of season

EDIT

Might have done it wrong

LOL

Why I dont like looking at all this stuff until 2nd week

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually RS if I did it right (I know IF)

But Pack could lose tonight and next week and still make it...But need help that way...Tampa is the key that way they would have to lose to NO last game of season
I didn't do that scenario.

But the other, if we win against the Giants and the Bears, NO MATTER WHAT, we're in!!!!!

Thank you Lions. Thank you Eagles. Thank you Ravens!!!!

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
YES!!!!!!!!

With the Bucs losing to the Lions, the Saints losing to the Ravens and the Giants losing to the Eagles, even if we lose against the Patriots, if we win against the Giants and Bears at home, we're in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, TB losing a home game to DET and NYG blowing a 31-10 lead like that? Those could be devastating for them and carry into next week... thank you Detroit and Philly!

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
YES!!!!!!!!

Exactly. Packers control their own destiny, even if they lose tonight. Great stuff.

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FIRE COUGHLIN!!! HAHAHAHAHA!

But let's put aside the loser talk kids. Packers win out, Bares lose out and all is well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts