Players that will take a leap forward next season

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I REALLY don't see Barclay as "the guy" at RT. I also think Bulaga is one of those guys with short arms, and a smaller base who has to work at being big. He and Sherrod are similar on paper, but looking at the team photo, Sherrod is much more massive, naturally big. I'm not sure I see Bulaga at LT anymore, especially given his work at RT.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love this topic. I think most people have already hit the likeliest candidates to break out. I think the big one will be Nick Perry. He's a complete sieve in coverage, but we sorely missed his pass-rush and run defense. He set a hard edge and was pretty adept with his bull rush, often times forcing the QB into pocket more where Clay and Co. finished him off. We desperately could have used that against SF.

Other potential breakout candidates would be either D.J. Williams or Quarles. If JMike leaves, one of these two will step up for him. I hope Quarles because he's also a good blocking TE and he has better size than Williams - at least I think.

If Lang can stay healthy (and other linemen so he doesn't have to swing to a different position), I bet he has a really good year.

Members online