ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll guess mike Neal.

Hayward shouldn't count on these list as he came out of the gates as a beast

PSG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm new here and I don't know how to start a new thread, I assume I need a certain # of posts before I am allowed?
Sorry for hijacking the thread BTW, but this seem like a good thread to post my questions, if you don't object.
If you do, I will just wait until I can start a new one.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm new here and I don't know how to start a new thread, I assume I need a certain # of posts before I am allowed?
Sorry for hijacking the thread BTW, but this seem like a good thread to post my questions, if you don't object.
If you do, I will just wait until I can start a new one.
I think there is a certain amount of posts you need to make first. Not 100% sure. But yeah feel free to comment/ask questions

PSG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK. I'm a Dolphins fan and at thephins.com we run a GM League every offseason. Basically something to pass the time. We do Trades, FA and the draft with a salary cap. We can also fire and hire HC, OC, DC, This year I am the Packers GM and I was hoping to get some feed back on some players and direction to go with the team.

-As far as untouchables go, I assume Aaron Rodgers. Is there anyone else you guys would consider off limits in a trade? Matthews? Nelson? Cobb?

-Should I keep the coaching staff?

-Biggest team needs. As an outsiders looking in I'm guessing OL, RB and LB. Am I right about those and are there any other big weaknesses?

-Any young guys who maybe haven't had any National media attention that are ready to or have already somewhat broken out.

-I am a fan of the 4-3 defense over the 3-4. How do you guys think the defensive personnel would adjust if I made that change.

-If there are any other nuggets of info you'd like to add, feel free. I'll take all the knowledge I can get my hands on. And if you want to check in on how/what I'm doing with the Pack, check it out here: http://www.thephins.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?111-2013-GM-League-Forum

Reaction score
OK. I'm a Dolphins fan and at thephins.com we run a GM League every offseason. Basically something to pass the time. We do Trades, FA and the draft with a salary cap. We can also fire and hire HC, OC, DC, This year I am the Packers GM and I was hoping to get some feed back on some players and direction to go with the team.

-As far as untouchables go, I assume Aaron Rodgers. Is there anyone else you guys would consider off limits in a trade? Matthews? Nelson? Cobb?

-Should I keep the coaching staff?

-Biggest team needs. As an outsiders looking in I'm guessing OL, RB and LB. Am I right about those and are there any other big weaknesses?

-Any young guys who maybe haven't had any National media attention that are ready to or have already somewhat broken out.

-I am a fan of the 4-3 defense over the 3-4. How do you guys think the defensive personnel would adjust if I made that change.

-If there are any other nuggets of info you'd like to add, feel free. I'll take all the knowledge I can get my hands on. And if you want to check in on how/what I'm doing with the Pack, check it out here: http://www.thephins.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?111-2013-GM-League-Forum
This deserves its own thread... Maybe a mod like LongTimeFan will do it for you! So many things to say just in this post!

Reaction score
I'll guess mike Neal.
I'd say either McMillian or M.D. Jennings. Both have been getting a substantial amount of playing time.

I will also say Barclay will be someone that will step his game up into a starter level. His run blocking helped the team out a bunch.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) DuJuan Harris. That is the guy I look to be our first 100yd/game rusher in a LONG time. Maybe even 1k/season.

2) I will agree with Bens and his Barclay statement. I liked what Barclay did this season.

3) M.D. Jennings. This guy had a HUGE pick six vs. the Lions and we all know what happened in Seattle. I only see him getting better!

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
House is going to be healthy and a beast.

Bulaga is hearing the criticism for the first time in his life and he has something to prove after the injury. I think he takes it to another level.

Reaction score
My canidates. Perry , Worthy, McMillian, House, Daniels. A lot depends on how we draft. My pick though will be Perry. He might start a lol slow but I think he will be our breakout guy.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have a lot of average players according to McGinn (I agree), so any of a dozen or more could step up. However, a lot are stuck in average. If I had to make one pick it would be Barclay.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Worthy has a long road to recovery with the ACL injury. May not see much of him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...jerel-worthy-murky-after-knee-reconstruction/
Not as long as expected, it was only a partial tear according to sources. The real concern is that he had already damaged that acl in high school, obviously the surgeries at that level aren't as quality as the ones in the nfl, so the reinjury rate is higher. I hear McGinn has a tendency to overreact, and this story would confirm that. Still wouldn expect Worthy for preseason, which will set his development back.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[quote="HyponGrey, post: 487361, member: 6441"]Not as long as expected, it was only a partial tear according to sources. The real concern is that he had already damaged that acl in high school, obviously the surgeries at that level aren't as quality as the ones in the nfl, so the reinjury rate is higher. I hear McGinn has a tendency to overreact, and this story would confirm that. Still wouldn expect Worthy for preseason, which will set his development back.[/quote]

Got a link?

H

HardRightEdge

- Harris: You couldn't help but like what he showed...even in the receiving/blocking aspects of his game, given the guy had little NFL experience. If nothing else, it was interesting to see a guy picked off the street illustrate how running behind this zone blocking scheme might work. However, I'm hesitant to say he's a 20 carry guy until seeing more evidence. The fact he can make us say "Alex who?" is a big check mark in the plus column.

- House: He's shown talent. Unfortunately, it's been 2 years of serial injuries, so you have to worry about
Starks-itis...brittleness. If he can avoid injury, he'll be a good player for us...and might even take Williams job. I still wonder if Williams going from tough to soft might have to do with the 2011 shoulder nerve damage being more than a temporary thing. I'd like to think it's psychological, and he'll get over the tentativeness, but the proof will be in the putting.

- Neal: He showed flashes and stayed mostly healthy. I can't get wildly enthusiastic about him, but I'm optimistic he has some upside.

- Hayward: He's already a good player...our nickel corner for years to come. I'm not sure if he has much more upside because he played at pretty high level. He's better in zone than man, so we could see some improvement there.

- Cobb: He's already a budding star, but I think he can sharpen up his route running, thereby being more reliable to go along with being very dangerous.

- Worthy: When I hear ACL, I discount finding out much more about his upside until 2014.

- Perry: I've seen nothing yet to dissuade me from my initial assessment that he's a 4-3 DE. If he'd shown any ability to cover, I'd go so far to suggest he should move inside with Bishop. He's fast and strong and doesn't seem to mind hitting people, but we need somebody in the middle who can cover. So, if Bishop does not recover, you'd have to think seriously about Perry as our inside physical presence, though whether he has the football intelligence and want-to for inside play I'd have to leave to greater minds. Still and all, staying at OLB we'll probably see improvement, but I would not expect star power.

- Green: While I've always maintained he's inherently a 3rd. down back, I've been impressed with his ability in space, with big play potential in the open field. In the second year after ACL, we should get an idea of where he's heading. I think he's the best bet to get better productivity in the passing game out of the TB position.

- Coleman: He was mentioned by HyponGray earlier. We usually don't think much about 7th. round, 3rd. string QBs on the practice squad, but I think there is a point to made here. The backup QB position usually is viewed like the Maytag repairman...until he has to play. We've got a tough schedule next season, and making the playoffs could hinge on how a Rodgers replacement does in one game. I'm not keen on Harrell's arm strength or field presence. I liked what I saw of Coleman in the East-West Shrine game...he has NFL physical tools. Again, whether he has the head for it I have no way of judging. Still, I think he should have every opportunity to take over the #2 spot, and hope he shows the stuff to earn it.

- EDS: I think he gave us more than we could have reasonably expected; just seeing the center get to the second level and whack somebody was a refreshing relief. He should get better with more playing time.

- Bishop / Bulaga: Having these guys back, providing they're 100%, give us more net-net upside than what we'll get from improvements in the young guys not mentioned above, with the possible exception of the Sherrod wildcard.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Manning. Parasite caused colitis? Year in the system? Open competition? Green with his knee too. Players who are finally fully healthy in open competition with some game experience, I expect things. Sherrod will take another year as he probably still has to get back into football shape though so not him. He was getting close in that Chiefs game though

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From all that I have seen, Davon House is both brittle, and soft. I don't expect him to blossom into somebody he's not.
I wasn't impressed with Worthy at all either, before his injury. I think they would rather have taken Still with that pick now.
Nick Perry, I was impressed with and think (IF HE STAYS 49er-like HEALTHY) that he will be the beast combo with Matthews that we all wanted.

I really like Jerron McMillian too. He's at least strong & physical back there. If he wins the safety competition early and gets all the time with the 1's in pre-season, etc. I expect him to blossom back there. Dude has all the size, speed that you want back there. And he already has the dreads.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if Harris can win the starting tailback spot then he will be the biggest improvement. We've already seen flashes of his quickness and ability to run tough inside even as a little guy. To have a homerun threat a running back is something we havn't had in a while.

Barclay is one of our best run blockers, but needs some improvement as a pass blocker which i think will come with time. If he is the guy at RT that leaves potentially two former 1st ound picks as backups with Bulaga and Sherrod if neither can beat out Newhouse at LT.

Shields has been on the roster a couple years now but i think he's getting better as a corner and learning how to tackle. His ball skills are great and we all know he can fly.. but now that he seems to be a willing tackler i think his upside is outstanding. Can he handle the other teams best wr on a weekly basis? because he's outplayed Williams and i think he's bumped Williams to the #2 corner imo.

Members online

Latest posts