Play GM

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. What do you do with Grant? Let him test his own market, realize there will not be much interest and sign him to a new reduced rate contract

2. Wells? Team Free Agent number 1 IMO, anchor and QB of the line. Him lang and Sitton make a pretty nasty inside 3 and I think he will be worth the cash he is demanding. Hopefully some team doesn't show up throwing major major money at him because then you may have to let him walk

3. Finley? He's my franchise tag. He understands the immediate need for him to buck up and catch the damn ball. If he can play up to his very high expectations he knows there is a mammoth pay day in for him towards the end of the year or the next off season.

4. Flynn?Unfortunately Flynn will be walking. The franchise tag is just too high for QBs 14 mil i believe, and there are just too many ways that messing with it could screw the pack out of bargaining power with their cap.

5. Driver? Locker room leader. No If ands or Buts. You will not be replacing his leadership in that locker room with one Torrey Gurley, and while Gurley's ceiling may be quite high i believe that DD has enough left in the tank to catch a few balls, continue mentoring young guys and really make a positive impact on this football team. That is hinging on a new restructured deal. 2 yrs 2.75 mil each.

6. Clifton? Old, busted up, but still 2nd best OT, Newhouse showed flashes of good but also flashes of straight up terrible. Again the old adage comes into place the same as driver, you want to get rid of a guy a year early rather than a year too late. For the right price the packers could keep him around, but honestly I don't know what his future will look like.

7. Draft? Rounds 1 & 2 should go to defense. DE & OLB, that is barring some sort of free fall pick that has seemed to fall to us as of late. (Bulaga, Rodgers)

8. FA? I look for 1 good chance at a guy that can really make an impact now on Defense. Again OLB or DE. As mentioned on another thread I think a guy like Jason Jones, not a huge name, but is also a guy who could step in and immediately apply pressure to the QB.

9. Any other adjustments you make? Woodson to safety?
Depending on Nick Collins status, if he is a go then no, you move Woodson around, get him in favorable match ups, blitz a lot with him, and utilize his strengths, he is not a shut down corner any more. If Collins is a no go I think Burnett Woodson Shields and Williams is a decent enough defensive backfield. Also, I think you really light a fire under AJ Hawks ***, let him know, that Dj Williams will be fighting for a job this year. And if Hawk cannot prove he is head and shoulders above him (see what i did there :p) then his *** is gone.

Members online

Latest posts