1. What do you do with Grant?

2. Wells?

3. Finley?

4. Flynn?

5. Driver?

6. Clifton?

7. Draft?

8. FA?

9. Any other adjustments you make? Woodson to safety?

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. What do you do with Grant? Let him go, and find another RB in the draft if necessary

2. Wells? Re-sign

3. Finley? Franchise

4. Flynn? Let him go and take the comp pick

5. Driver? See if he will restructure his deal

6. Clifton? Keep him, but probably only for 1 more year.

7. Draft? Only going to post my pick for the 1st round: Courtney Upshaw(even if we have to trade up to get him)

8. FA? None really come to mind right now

9. Any other adjustments you make? Woodson to safety? Wouldn't move him to safety just yet

RazorRamon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You do one thing.

Whatever it takes to sign DeSean Jackson in free agency. That means trading anyone besides Rodgers. Of course, there's no reason to worry about TT going after a credible receiver.

Reaction score
You do one thing.

Whatever it takes to sign DeSean Jackson in free agency. That means trading anyone besides Rodgers. Of course, there's no reason to worry about TT going after a credible receiver.

Our top 2 receivers are better than Jackson. Jackson is all speed. Hands, Route Running, Personality, etc.. All better than Jackson.

Packers80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jackson...speed and danger. Something the packers don't have.
You're out your damn mind. DeSean Jackson has attitude problems.. he is the exact opposite of what we need on our team. Jennings and Nelson get the job done, and it doesn't hurt that we have the best QB in the league throwing them the ball. Get real.

The Rick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. What do you do with Grant? Going to be 30 this year, I'd be ok with letting him go and start fresh with someone else.

2. Wells? "Feed him!" Give him a nice raise.

3. Finley? I think they franchise him because even though the popular sentiment is that he drops too many passes, I believe he makes our receiving corps that much more dangerous when he's on the field.

4. Flynn? Wish him luck wherever he goes and take the comp.

5. Driver? I'd love to see him stay as he is a positive presence, but I think the team is going to look closely at Gurley and Borel in keeping with a youth movement.

6. Clifton? Good to keep for another year but not much longer, he's going to be 36 and doesn't rehab/heal as quickly anymore.

7. Draft? I think it's obvious, we need a speed DE, a difference maker. Just so we can pressure the QB without having to resort to blitzing so often. We also need another OLB because we had to rely too much this season on a revolving player situation. A ball-hawking S would be another need. Bottom line, we are not a perfect team and we have plenty of needs.

8. FA? Not sure who's going to be out there yet.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Depends on $. I'm leaning on no, but I'm cool with either

2. MUST re-sign him. If that can't be done, franchise him.

3. Meh...franchise him if Wells is re-signed.

4. I don't want to be stuck paying him $14 million. Therefore, I'm reluctant to franchise him.

5. Definitely keep if he restructures.

6. This is tricky. Newhouse gave up 11.5 sacks and Sherrod's health is questionable.

7. ROLB and DL are first priorities. DB are second priorities. OL depth is third priority. Maybe an RB in round 7...

8. I'd like to re-sign Jarrett Bush for depth and special teams. Hmmm...maybe some cheap depth at S and CB?

9A. Woodson to safety? I put that in Dom Capers' hands. That probably depends on Nick Collins' neck.

9B. A.J. Hawk vs. D.J. Smith in training camp. May the best inside linebacker win.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
-Cuts/Releases

Grant
AJ Hawk (Give position to DJ Smith unless we can find a plug and play LB through the Draft or FA)

-Tag and Trade
Matt Flynn

-Sign Finley to 3 year contract

-Restructure Contract for Driver

-Keep Clifton

-Resign Wells

-Draft in order of postion

OLB (Upshaw)
DE (Coples, Winn, Crick)
MLB (Someone who is a strong tackler with a high motor)
S (depending on the status of Collins)
TE
CB
RB (Lamar Miller, Doug Martin)
WR (Ryan Broyles)

Free Agency

I'm not sure all who are going to be Free Agents, but I'd look for a RB's , Linebacker, Defensive Back and O-line

Other Moves

I'd leave Woodson where he is and depending on Collins' status would determine if I draft or try to find another Safety through FA.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. What do you do with Grant? Let him walk

2. Wells? Make it a PRIORITY TO RESIGN HIM

3. Finley? See what he wants. Resign him if he wants to be reasonable. If not, take the compensatory draft pick

4. Flynn? Franchise and try to move to Cleveland or Seattle. Cleveland does have a second 1st rounder!

5. Driver? Hope he retires. If not, make the tough decision and let him go.

6. Clifton? Keep him for another year if he doesn't retire.

7. Draft? Take the best defensive player available in the first three rounds.

8. FA? I would like a signing like Anthony Spencer or Robert Mathis. By taking care of a need in free agency the Packers would be able to draft the best defensive player available. I would also see what Peyton Hillis wants. His type of running would add a unique dynamic to the offense. He could be the thunder to Green's/Saine's lightening.

9. Any other adjustments you make? Woodson to safety? Woodson should stay as a shadow on the opposing team's best player. I would adjust Charlie Pephra so he is no longer on the team.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. What do you do with Grant----Good Bye

2. Wells---Must sign

3. Finley---Tag

4. Flynn---mutually beneficial sign and trade

5. Driver---Welcome back...take the spot of quarless

6. Clifton----Great career but its over

7. Draft----olb, de, s, cb, de, olb, o line

8. FA- Browner from Seattle

9. Get DJ Smith ready to start and save AJ for short yardage situations

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You work hard putting the sell of James Jones to these teams who have HORRIBLE wide receivers, and whom Jones wouyld be an immediate starter on:

Jacksonville
St Louis (Brandon Lloyd is walking away as FA)
Cleveland

You get a 3rd or 4th round pick for Jones.

Then we keep Donald Driver, again, as the heart and veteran of this team.
And we keep Tori Gurley, who is the future.

We'd have:
Jennings
Jordy
Cobb
Driver
Gurley

That's still 5 great WRs and we draft another one to groom, and we sign an UFA to groom.
With the extra pick, we take another swing at an OLB or DE or S who might become helpful.

I sign Finley to a 3-year deal, worth about what the franchize number is. It's not that much.... and I save my tag to trade Flynn because he will fetch at least a late 1st round draft pick.
You use that pick on a talented DE, OLB, S, or CB. Not a Pat Lee or Brandon Underwood type of 4th round prospect.
Or you trade way up with the extra picks we have and you get an immediate impact stud at OLB or DE.

A JJ Watt would have been pretty damn good.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do we get Courtney Upshaw? The guy is projected mid-1st round. If we trade-up, we're def gonna lose our 2nd and 3rd plus possibly next years 2nd/3rd. If Collin's can't come back, we're gonna need a quality Safety, and I believe Collin's is that type of safety you just don't replace!

The only way I can see us getting Upshaw is if either Collins comes back (big if -- he may never be the same) or Woodson moves to Safety (Davon House would be expected to have a coming out party). Our Safety depth is, to me, a big factor in whether or not TT trades up.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Also I'd bring in a coach or assistant who can teach our linebackers and DB's how to tackle. Watching the SF game and then watching us. It looked more like two hand touch by comparison.

We need to recapture a strong identity on defense. Lambeau, Cold Weather and hard hitting defensive football.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do we get Courtney Upshaw? The guy is projected mid-1st round. If we trade-up, we're def gonna lose our 2nd and 3rd plus possibly next years 2nd/3rd. If Collin's can't come back, we're gonna need a quality Safety, and I believe Collin's is that type of safety you just don't replace!

The only way I can see us getting Upshaw is if either Collins comes back (big if -- he may never be the same) or Woodson moves to Safety (Davon House would be expected to have a coming out party). Our Safety depth is, to me, a big factor in whether or not TT trades up.

Upshaw should slide due his lack of size. He should be there at #28.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How do we get Courtney Upshaw? The guy is projected mid-1st round. If we trade-up, we're def gonna lose our 2nd and 3rd plus possibly next years 2nd/3rd.

Not true. You don't make these trades until draft day. If the team with the #20 pick believes that the guy they want is likely to be there at #28, they'll usually gladly trade down for an extra third round pick. Happens all the time.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You work hard putting the sell of James Jones to these teams who have HORRIBLE wide receivers, and whom Jones wouyld be an immediate starter on:

Jacksonville
Cleveland

We'd have:
Jennings
Jordy
Cobb
Driver
Gurley

:tdown::unsure:

12theTruth

1. What do you do with Grant?

2. Wells?

3. Finley?

4. Flynn?

5. Driver?

6. Clifton?

7. Draft?

8. FA?

Grant doesn't play well as a backup with limited carries, and I wouldn't want to rely on him as a starter for a 16 game season so I let Ryan Grant go and not resign him.

Sign Wells. Probably have to overpay him due to no heir apparent on the roster now. Will definately pick up a center/guard in the draft.

If I would tag and trade anyone it would be Finley. Despite Flynn's great play it is a small sample size and not convinced the market is there for a $14 million dollar Matt Flynn. Finley is a highly coveted young TE and a matchup nightmare. Would be much more afraid to get stuck with 14+ million with Flynn than not finding a trading partner for Finley.

So thats Tag and Trade Finley and let Flynn leave via free agency recouping a 3rd or 4th round draft pick in 2013.

I really love Donald Driver's attitude and his play against the Giants was one of the few highlights. I'd offer Driver 1.5 million a year for two years as a 5th wideout. Still bringing up Gurley so we'll have 6 WR on the roster.

Clifton is done.

FA Number one priority is to bring in a OLB or DE with major pass rushing acumen.

Draft # ONE pick SAFETY Number TWO LOLB Number THREE CB

Cut PEPRAH, Try to trade Hawk but will not cut him, Dom Capers leaves and upgrade Kevin Greene to D Coordinator :)

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Why would anybody want to trade for Finley? He hasn't proven anything. Why would a team trade a high draft pick for him?

12theTruth

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Why would anybody want to trade for Finley? He hasn't proven anything. Why would a team trade a high draft pick for him?

R U Serious? Finley is a matchup nightmare and he most definately does have a market. He has had drops but he also has tremendous talent and many teams are looking for a talent upgrade at tight end.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
R U Serious? Finley is a matchup nightmare and he most definately does have a market. He has had drops but he also has tremendous talent and many teams are looking for a talent upgrade at tight end.

He has a market as a free agent. Once again, what would a team give up for Finely? Packers won't get a 1st or 2nd rounder. A 3rd rounder is even going to be a stretch. The guy has been a disappointment... Teams don't give up high draft picks for disappointments.

12theTruth

I guess we'll have to wait and see. There is talk the Pack place the franchise tag on Finley. I think its very possible.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Jacksonville
Cleveland

We'd have:
Jennings
Jordy
Cobb
Driver
Gurley

That's still 5 great WRs and we draft another one to groom, and we sign an UFA to groom.
With the extra pick, we take another swing at an OLB or DE or S who might become helpful.

How many do you want on the roster? 5 listed plus two to groom?

A JJ Watt would have been pretty damn good.

Yepper, darn the choices left available after you win the SB. Just bottom of the barrel leftovers.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
He has a market as a free agent. Once again, what would a team give up for Finely? Packers won't get a 1st or 2nd rounder. A 3rd rounder is even going to be a stretch. The guy has been a disappointment... Teams don't give up high draft picks for disappointments.
You mean players like Palmer or Kolb?

Latest posts