Planning a Packer Game surprise trip (11/4 game)

MariJo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm planning to take my boyfriend to the 11/4 Packers game for his birthday. He's a die-hard fan and I know that going to a game at the Packer Stadium is on his bucket list.

I'd like this to be a total surprise, so I need some help with the planning. Disclaimer: I know nothing about football.

Tickets: I'm looking on the NFLticket exchange and Stubhub for tickets. What are "good" seat? I'm sure it's subjective, but would it be better to be closer to the field, or higher up for a good view? He mentioned that he had seats near the "10" for another game and he was pleased with them, so I was trying to stay in that range, but I need help determining the best row.

Lodging: I have a room booked at the Clarion, because it was all I could find online in Greenbay. The reviews were kinda sketchy, so I also booked a room at the Hampton Inn in Appleton. Would Appleton be too far away to reasonably drive there on game day? We'll stay in the hotel on 11/3 and drive back to Chicago after the game.

Extra questions: Is parking pretty easy to find near the stadium? I'm willing to pay, of course. Is the stadium tour recommended? We could do the tour the day before if it's fun.

I'm planning for cold weather (I got him a Packers scarf, hat, gloves, etc) and I would love any other tips or suggestions to make this surprise amazing!

Thank you!

MariJo

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm planning to take my boyfriend to the 11/4 Packers game for his birthday. He's a die-hard fan and I know that going to a game at the Packer Stadium is on his bucket list.

I'd like this to be a total surprise, so I need some help with the planning. Disclaimer: I know nothing about football.

Tickets: I'm looking on the NFLticket exchange and Stubhub for tickets. What are "good" seat? I'm sure it's subjective, but would it be better to be closer to the field, or higher up for a good view? He mentioned that he had seats near the "10" for another game and he was pleased with them, so I was trying to stay in that range, but I need help determining the best row.
If you want to catch players on the Lambeau Leap, then the endzones 1st two rows are a must. Otherwise above about row 10 gets you above the sideline players and staff. With the video boards, there isn't a really bad seat. It depends on what you want to experience.

Lodging: I have a room booked at the Clarion, because it was all I could find online in Greenbay. The reviews were kinda sketchy, so I also booked a room at the Hampton Inn in Appleton. Would Appleton be too far away to reasonably drive there on game day? We'll stay in the hotel on 11/3 and drive back to Chicago after the game.
Appleton is about 30 miles away and most of the teams stay there. Just as many fans there as GB. 4 lane freeway between cities and Lambeau is about 1/2 mile from the freeway. You didn't have to book both nights? Illinois stateline on gameday would be about 4hours after the game ends if you leave right away.

Extra questions: Is parking pretty easy to find near the stadium? I'm willing to pay, of course.
City streets are free and depending on how early, depends how close you get. I've parked 8 blocks away and got to my seat 1/2 hour before kickoff. Yards start at about $20-25 for up close and drop to about $10 6 blocks away.
Is the stadium tour recommended? We could do the tour the day before if it's fun.

I'm planning for cold weather (I got him a Packers scarf, hat, gloves, etc) and I would love any other tips or suggestions to make this surprise amazing!

Thank you!

MariJo
Stadium and brewery tours always recommended. We have a whole sticky thread devoted to these questions.

Tim S.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MariJo,

I would also check titletown tickets. It is owned by Retired Packer Fuzzy Thurston (#63) and I get my tickets thru them. They are probably the cheapest on line place to buy form. Good Luck

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you want a complete package, try packer fan tours...this is our 3rd year working with them, and its a great experience. they offer tailgate packages, player meet-n-greets, and tickets. only had one hickup (we had 4 seats together last year, but 1 of them was split by an isle, but they gave us a credit for it)

OP
OP
M

MariJo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you all so much for your help and answers! I'm checking out Packerfan tour and titletown for tickets now - that's the last thing that I need to get!

To answer the question about the hotel: no, I only had to book 1 night, but I did book the rooms awhile ago (in April) as soon as the football schedule was released.

OP
OP
M

MariJo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MariJo,

I would also check titletown tickets. It is owned by Retired Packer Fuzzy Thurston (#63) and I get my tickets thru them. They are probably the cheapest on line place to buy form. Good Luck

I found tickets from Titletown! The seats are in section 112.

Thanks again for this suggestion, this was perfect!

Members online

Latest posts