OP
OP
S

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Penalties?

Wait we were told that is not an excuse

got to be a GREAT team to over come those is what we were told after the Vikings Packer game

I give you GREAT respect for showing up ASAP after the game, mighty nice of ya
what excuse? Favre did not cost us the game that ball was batted up in the air by Chester Taylor. Defense played well could of gone either way

thetrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The biggest point of that article is that if they are gonna give Favre the credit for the miraculous throws that ARE caught, then they gotta admit that the bad throws the receivers come up with by some miracle could have just as well been interceptions. It works both ways.

yeah the vikings fumbled alot as did the bears.chester taylor should have caught that one though.i dont think favre threw any picks.im not sure

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah the vikings fumbled alot as did the bears.chester taylor should have caught that one though.i dont think favre threw any picks.im not sure

That's why it all evens out in the end and you can't do the "what ifs" after any win or loss, because there are usually just as many that "should not" have been caught as "should have been" caught so to second guess the outcome doesn't work. Any QB throws up bad ones that their receivers catch, as well as good passes that their receivers drop. That's why the final score is all that matters.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre had tons of time to deliver the ball to Chester Taylor though. He had enough time to put the ball right in the running back's numbers. Favre seemed a bit nervous on that play so that lead to Chester tipping it up trying to catch it and that ending the game basically.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Figures you guys would blame it on Favre..just you like did when he played on your pathetic excuse for a team all those years.

If you watched the game, the ball bounced right off the receivers hands, but I guess that's not an excuse either because that doesn't fit your pathetic, hate filled, bitter agenda...right Thompson ball washers?

Now Favre's on a REAL team, and got jaked by the REFS, which ALWAYS happens in Pittsburgh..Not like when you guys were all whiny after the Vikes kicked your pathetic *****...

Can't wait for Favre to come to Lambutt and do it again! hehe...

The Packers SUCK..and so does Ted Thompson..LITERALLY!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Rodgersfan1985again

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My question is Why is favre throwing 53 times in that game. I thought this was AP's team right? I love how the vikings get a decent QB but than they overuse him lol HOW DO YOU HAVE THAT TOP RB IN THE LEAGUE AND THROW 53 TIMES!!! lol I dont get it. Oh and yes I dont miss favre AT ALL not even when he was undefeated it was just goona be a matter of time before the vikings luck turned on them.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre had tons of time to deliver the ball to Chester Taylor though. He had enough time to put the ball right in the running back's numbers. Favre seemed a bit nervous on that play so that lead to Chester tipping it up trying to catch it and that ending the game basically.

So this could be the start of something big. Next week with the Pack playing better and Jared Allen not having the benefit of the crowd noise, Rodgers stays on his feet, keeps his cool, Favre loses his cool and Packers win.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Oh..yeah..who did you beat..

The Lions and the Brownies...???

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the Viqueens struggled against the Browns and Lions and had to come back on them. We dominated both teams the whole game.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The Vikings weren't playing on all cylinders against those teams..Are you kidding? They didn't have to try to pile it on like you guys did because they aren't as pathetic as you are..!

Oh yeah..and We kicked your ***** head to head now, didn't we...?

You guys are a joke! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings weren't playing on all cylinders against those teams..Are you kidding? They didn't have to try to pile it on like you guys did because they aren't as pathetic as you are..!

Oh yeah..and We kicked your ***** head to head now, didn't we...?

You guys are a joke! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Your losing your cool...

I think you need to take a deep breath...

Feel better now?

Minnesota just didn't wanna pile it on? That has to be the most lame thing I ever heard. So they intentionally went in to halftime losing, just so they wouldn't hurt the other teams feelings? Give me a break!

You kicked our *****? You were at home and you won by 7 points...So that qualifies as an *** kicking now eh?

OP
OP
S

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre drove them the length of the field twice in the last 4 minutes had a TD called back that was a suspect call from what the TV guys were saying also that play has been hashed out numerous times by ESPN and Football in America show as being a bad call for tripping. Phantom call is the word be used by those shows. He was 9of 10 in that TD drive and he had one pic off of taylors hands. he played great in my mind. I will look up his stats but i am pretty sure he was up around 350 yards at about 70% comp. rate. So to blame that game on Brett favre you are a half an idiot and that is the good half

OP
OP
S

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So this could be the start of something big. Next week with the Pack playing better and Jared Allen not having the benefit of the crowd noise, Rodgers stays on his feet, keeps his cool, Favre loses his cool and Packers win.
Ha you crack me up junior. always looking for the what if's and what not's. You still have to go to pittsburg this year so yak it up yak boy. Favre was a cool customer today if you ask me

OP
OP
S

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right, Lions and Brownies only we beat them by more.
Pal, you really can't be this confused or can you? It doesn't matter if you win by 1 or 100 if they haven't told you.
-
Sorry to edit, but namecalling is too much, man...

OP
OP
S

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's why it all evens out in the end and you can't do the "what ifs" after any win or loss, because there are usually just as many that "should not" have been caught as "should have been" caught so to second guess the outcome doesn't work. Any QB throws up bad ones that their receivers catch, as well as good passes that their receivers drop. That's why the final score is all that matters.
And yet you played out all the what if's with the Vikings -packers game and thought that we were lucky that we just barely won by 7? When you turn old enough to drink I would like to buy you a beer. You lost and we won which is all that matters right?LOL

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre drove them the length of the field twice in the last 4 minutes had a TD called back that was a suspect call from what the TV guys were saying also that play has been hashed out numerous times by ESPN and Football in America show as being a bad call for tripping. Phantom call is the word be used by those shows. He was 9of 10 in that TD drive and he had one pic off of taylors hands. he played great in my mind. I will look up his stats but i am pretty sure he was up around 350 yards at about 70% comp. rate. So to blame that game on Brett favre you are a half an idiot and that is the good half

Yes, I think you are right about what they call a phantom call such as the "taunting" call against SF and the "late hit" when Favre still had the ball in his hand. Yes, that's it, phantom calls such as the Vikings are the usual beneficiary of, but when it's the other team then you can't take it and use as an excuse for losing the game. Okay, you're right, the Vikes lost because of a bad call.

OP
OP
S

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, I think you are right about what they call a phantom call such as the "taunting" call against SF and the "late hit" when Favre still had the ball in his hand. Yes, that's it, phantom calls such as the Vikings are the usual beneficiary of, but when it's the other team then you can't take it and use as an excuse for losing the game. Okay, you're right, the Vikes lost because of a bad call.
I didn't call it a phantom call the TV people did. I am not mad about the call. It would gave the vikings a 4 pt lead with 2 minutes to go so it was huge. The taunting call was made correct because it is in the rules that you cannot get in somebodys face to do that. He did and he got flagged. It was a hard fought game that could of gone either way and mike Tomlin stated the same. That was a great game!

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't call it a phantom call the TV people did. I am not mad about the call. It would gave the vikings a 4 pt lead with 2 minutes to go so it was huge. The taunting call was made correct because it is in the rules that you cannot get in somebodys face to do that. He did and he got flagged. It was a hard fought game that could of gone either way and mike Tomlin stated the same. That was a great game!

There you go with the "what ifs" again. It's the score on the board at the end of the game that counts. That's it. I thought we agreed on that. None of the "It would have given's" enough already.

OP
OP
S

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So it doesn't matter that the Viqueens struggled against two of the worst teams in the league? Haha, you make me laugh.
The Vikings are terrtible but we beat your *** so now what? 6-10 last year and now your 4-2 so I think you packer fans are the only ones who believe the Packers are the team to beat. You still have to go to heinz field and we will see you clowns next week. Cutler threw 4 pics and you clowns barely beat the bears?

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Packer Junior was still a vikings fan maybe he and luv yu longtime guy would give me pointers on those what if...... posts after watching that game! Secondary and defense as whole played solid. Touchdown called back hurt. Stupid penaltys but was a good game

Yes, secondary stepped it up - nice game plan by Leslie. However, the offense pretty much stunk it up in terms of being efficient. After four punts to begin the game, the passing game finally made some head way, although the running game was absent again - not a real good sign of things to come.

I'll say it again - there really is little proof that the Vikings have a dominant rushing attack. It appears to be dominant because AD rips one off per game, but what about all the runs for negative yardage this season? That has to be a record already thru 7 games - at least for those teams perceived has having a dominant running game.

The fumble by Brett wasn't good, but what was worse was Brett failing to bring down a defender he was clearly faster than - he made the most feeble attempt at a tackle that I have ever seen. I expect more from a guy who was reared as a safety. You fumble or throw a pick and you have the angle to make a tackle, you MAKE THAT TACKLE. I don't care what position you play.

The screen pass that was intercepted was a HORRIBLE call at that juncture. For God's sakes - you've got 75 seconds left in the game and only 15 yards to go. You have at LEAST a tie in the bag. Your enemy (especially considering Minny's prevent secondary which gives up TD's at the end of games in bunches) is the clock, NOT the scoreboard. Second worst to the play call was the pass - horrible throw. The attempt by Taylor wasn't the greatest, but Brett's tossed enough picks on screen passes to know better by now. There is really no excuse for such poor execution in the red zone, with a chance to seal the deal and at worse, live to see overtime.

Really, a pathetic display of efficient offensive football from the Vikings. Again, less than 100 yards rushing from supposedly the most potent rushing team, and a mere 6.5 yards per attempt in the passing game - even though the Pitt defense was CLEARLY making it top priority to stop the run - Minnesota could not ultimately take proper advantage and expose an overrated defense.

Members online

Latest posts