PINKSTON TO SIGN WITH VIKINGS

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
A league source tells us that the Minnesota Vikings will soon be agreeing to terms with receiver Todd Pinkston.

We're told that Pinkston will sign a one-year deal for the veteran minimum, possibly later tonight. Though other details are sketchy, it's our understanding that the team will be protected in the event that Pinkston isn't healthy.

The team will owe Pinkston nothing if they decide before the first regular season game that, for whatever reason, it's not going to work out.

Though there are lingering concerns in league circles regarding Pinkston's Achilles tendons, his familiarity with the complex West Coast offense makes him an attractive option to stretch the field across from Troy Williamson, who figures to draw double coverage.

Likewise, a healthy Pinkston's ability to run deep routes could help open things up underneath for other receivers.

The key, as we see it, is whether Pinkston can still run. If he can, then he'll end up on the roster. If he can't, then the Vikings will look elsewhere.

The move will reunite Pinkston with Brad Childress. The current Vikings head coach was the offensive coordinator in Philadelphia, where Pinkston filled the field-stretching role for several seasons.
pft.com

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikesrule said:
:eek:mg:

This does not bode well. Childress just went up a notch on my concern meter.
Crap.
I don't like this either. Picking up all of Philly's castoffs.
At least we didn't trade a no. 2 pick for him.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder how long till Pinkston finds trouble. Seems to be something in the air in the Twin Cities. Well he won't be enough to scare anyone in the division

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure where you got that it.

2001 Philadelphia Eagles 15 15 42 586 14.0 62 4 10 3 23
2002 Philadelphia Eagles 15 15 60 798 13.3 42 7 16 2 40
2003 Philadelphia Eagles 16 15 36 575 16.0 59 2 8 5 22
2004 Philadelphia Eagles 16 16 36 676 18.8 80 1 7 6 24

Seems to put himself around the ball more than any WR on our roster besides Driver.

Likewise, a healthy Pinkston's ability to run deep routes could help open things up underneath for other receivers.

The move will reunite Pinkston with Brad Childress. The current Vikings head coach was the offensive coordinator in Philadelphia, where Pinkston filled the field-stretching role for several seasons.

Sounds familiar being its exactly what I said. I guess you guys don't ever get tired of being wrong

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he's trying to compare the track star that TT signed, Leo Bookman-- who can't even make the team to a guy who's proven he can play in the NFL--Todd Pinkston.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
it takes more than speed to make a team. Bookman was superior in speed to over 90% of the WR in the league now.

but the point is this, if u cant RUN A ROUTE or CATCH THE BALL you cant play in the NFL.

Pinkston has had a bad injury and going off the Eagles letting him go. I have to think somethings wrong with him and he hasn't recovered fully.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Not sure where you got that it.

2001 Philadelphia Eagles 15 15 42 586 14.0 62 4 10 3 23
2002 Philadelphia Eagles 15 15 60 798 13.3 42 7 16 2 40
2003 Philadelphia Eagles 16 15 36 575 16.0 59 2 8 5 22
2004 Philadelphia Eagles 16 16 36 676 18.8 80 1 7 6 24

Seems to put himself around the ball more than any WR on our roster besides Driver.

Sounds familiar being its exactly what I said. I guess you guys don't ever get tired of being wrong

As a lifelong eagle hater, I watch that team more than anyone on this forum and I am here to tell you that Todd Pinkston BLOWS. Those tremendous stats that you've posted are the stats of a #1 receiver. I believe Stinkston was the eagles #1 receiver in those 4 years, averaging a whopping 43.5 receptions a year and 3.5 TDs.

He was given 4 years to develop and never did, on top of that he is coming off a torn achilles tendon.

This is one wide receiver I am glad that TT did not go after.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so, just heard pinky got cut by the queens today. here's the article from kffl:

The Vikings made a pair of other roster moves Saturday, releasing veteran wide receiver Todd Pinkston and signing wide receiver Maurice Mann off of the Seattle Seahawks' practice squad.

Pinkston was signed by the Vikings last week after being released by the Philadelphia Eagles. He missed the entire 2005 campaign after rupturing his right Achilles tendon.

Members online

Latest posts